Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:05:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2  (Read 31478 times)
Mithas
Terracotta Army

on: September 28, 2017, 08:58:23 AM

New trailer out today. Looks like a prequel to RDR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F63h3v9QV7w
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 09:00:47 AM

Mob NO PC-VERSION, NO PEACE!  Mob

Trailer is neat though.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:02:58 AM

^^
This.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 09:16:19 AM

I'll have the BoneX by then, soo....woohoo!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 10:04:41 AM

Makes me glad I got a PS4.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 12:19:47 PM

I have an XBone, but daddy don't thumb aim. I breathe through my nose like a proper human  why so serious?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 12:26:35 PM

*shrug* I play GTA with an xbox controller on the PC.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 12:48:49 PM

The aiming in RDR1 wasn't bad with a controller.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 12:55:34 PM

The aiming in Destiny on the PS4 is pretty decent too. What little I've played of GTA5 on the PS4 didn't appear to be too bad either.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 05:44:55 PM

*shrug* I play GTA with an xbox controller on the PC.

Same.  I hate to say it, but I'll be double dipping on this one.  At least it won't be like GTAV which I paid full retail for three goddamned times. (Yes, I know I don't always make great decisions)

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 07:01:05 PM

Savages.

And 'pretty good' doesn't compare to a lifetime of mouse and keyboard aiming. When I aim using a controller I might as well be sipping and puffing the reticle (how does spell check not know reticle?) around. It is a vastly inferior interface for anything other than sports or action games.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 07:55:42 PM

Yeah, but I'd rather shoot with lockon and suffer through a few sniper missions than drive/fly with a keyboard.

I'll also likely double dip if it comes to that.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 09:13:06 PM

If there's a PC option, we'll see...but this is the sort of game I'd enjoy from the couch.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 07:46:58 AM

I just use the semi aim helper function for games like this and don't try to pretend like the shooting mechanics are the reason I play the game.  Just do that and enjoy everything else about the game.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 08:39:07 PM

Savages.

And 'pretty good' doesn't compare to a lifetime of mouse and keyboard aiming. When I aim using a controller I might as well be sipping and puffing the reticle (how does spell check not know reticle?) around. It is a vastly inferior interface for anything other than sports or action games.
I'd normally be with you on this, but you forgot to add "3rd Person action games" to your list.  I've found that using a controller is almost always better for these sorts of games, just like using a mouse is always better for first person action games.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:52:17 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 10:17:26 PM

It is definitely not as bad 3rd person, for sure.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 04:26:22 PM

If there's a PC option, we'll see...but this is the sort of game I'd enjoy from the couch.

Most video cards have HDMI out with audio.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Not to channel Sky, but 'PC' and 'comfy couch' are hardly mutually exclusive - it's crazy easy, and the Logitech Mini keyboard is a fantastic KBM solution for plain-Jane navigation and launching, while 360 controllers and receivers remain dirt-cheap.  Four-player Duck Game melees are pretty rad.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 07:30:07 PM

Since 2003tm  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 08:50:54 PM

Yeah yeah, but not all of us have our PCs next to our TVs, or even want to run it on a TV due to doing a lot of reading at the PC (or even, at times, work).

Granted, my laptop should be able to run this, which I do hook to my TV, but it would still play fine on my PS4.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 02:27:54 PM

Read and work on the laptop, game on the pc  why so serious?

But we digress.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 11:49:35 AM

Yeah yeah, but not all of us have our PCs next to our TVs, or even want to run it on a TV due to doing a lot of reading at the PC (or even, at times, work).

Granted, my laptop should be able to run this, which I do hook to my TV, but it would still play fine on my PS4.

Might want to look at in home streaming. All the comforts of the couch with the versatility of the PC, with only a few hundred hours of figuring it out and a few hundred dollars of extra gear to make it work!

Honestly, I am pretty happy with being able to sit on the couch with the dogs and wife in the living room and play Kerbal or whatever, and if everyone gets tired of me hogging the big screen I can still retire to the office and sit in front of the PC directly.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 03:02:40 PM

When I get the bonex it's probably going in my studio for a while...but that means I need a new chair.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 26, 2018, 07:37:46 AM

So this is out.

I'm still polishing off Horizon Zero Dawn, so I'm not sure I'll dig in too deep for a week or two.

As my first PS4 pre-order, the experience was pretty awesome. I was watching some Monty Python and got a notification RDR2 was unlocked, I was immediately able to jump in and play (well, mostly watch, it is a Rockstar game intro). Don't even know when Sony was working their mojo to put it on my console over the past week or so. Nice!

I played for about a half hour or so, already hitting the notes a bit better for me than RDR1 did. A nice nod to the Hateful Eight, right outta the gate. Bodes well.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #23 on: October 26, 2018, 09:06:42 AM

Are we allowed to save eventually in this game or is it such a good simulation of real life that you can't ever stop it? One hour long introduction mission with no visible save or checkpoint and not even at the end of such mission. I have no idea if I am good to quit and go have dinner or this thing expects me to keep playing forever until I get a tutorial on save points.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 26, 2018, 09:26:24 AM

I dunno, I just went to the home screen. We'll see after I run another game and come back. It would be pretty disappointing and odd if it didn't run a decent quick save.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 11:50:42 AM

PS4 is pretty good about remembering where you are if you pause the game and just put the console to sleep instead of shutting down.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 26, 2018, 11:56:14 AM

I'm more concerned about waking up the ps4 and playing a game of Madden.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #27 on: October 26, 2018, 12:30:48 PM

If they are going by GTA V rules, it is always saving in the background (either locally or cloud). My PS4 is wired and when I would just drop the game and play something else, the character I was playing picked up exactly where I stopped.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 26, 2018, 12:39:00 PM

There are times that the game will restrict you from saving (generally any time you're in-mission), but for the most part you can save at any time.

Also, holy shit this game looks fantastic, even on the XB1.  Can't wait to see what it looks like on PC.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #29 on: October 26, 2018, 12:48:45 PM

I still fuck about on GTA online but I honestly have no interest in a Western/Old West game. I played the first and never actually finished it - I think because I never enjoyed the setting. Probably will wait till it releases RDR online and re-evaluate. GTA's content is really staggering after all this time and free DLC shit they keep coming out with so I expect no different from this.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 26, 2018, 12:49:00 PM

Things hard not to notice: Your character moves like shit. Or as if he is 500 pounds and wearing moon boots while walking on a river. Upstream. Sigh.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 26, 2018, 12:55:27 PM

Things hard not to notice: Your character moves like shit. Or as if he is 500 pounds and wearing moon boots while walking on a river. Upstream. Sigh.

Rockstar has always prioritized animation over responsiveness.  It feels a lot like GTAV, though the horse riding is occasionally super-annoying for the same reasons in a way that driving cars in GTA isn't.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 26, 2018, 02:30:27 PM

I thought I hated moving around in buildings scavenging for items from drawers, but I still had to go through the abysmally unfun process of looting corpses after the battle. Jesus christ, I am shocked at how opposite of fun plenty of things seem to be in a product of this magnitude and overall excellence.

I really like the storytelling and the setting, but -so far- I would go as far as describing the gameplay "a mess". And people complained about The Last of Us? Get outta here.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #33 on: October 26, 2018, 04:03:05 PM

Main character moves like a sack of potatoes.

It’s pretty though, mocap and cut scenes are pretty great. Textures are weird in places, almost as if this is a game that was in development for seven years.

Story seems good so far, an hour in. I’ll probably binge tonight if I stay awake.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #34 on: October 26, 2018, 08:15:45 PM

Got a lot of work this weekend so I'm not even touching it until Tuesday/Wednesday when I'm off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2  
Jump to: