Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:54:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2017 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 College Football  (Read 26532 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: September 03, 2017, 08:21:20 AM

The college season is now underway (well it's week 2, but week one for the big conferences).
FL got rocked by Michigan - I was pretty giddy about this game. Michigan looked solid in the second half, but man... they need their QB to settle down. Hope this was first game jitters. Both his pick-6s were just awful. But FL just fell on its face which pleases me.

Bama is rolling along as usual... along with the rest of the conference sans FL. Really want to see Tenn lose tomorrow for more haha's. UGA is going to run away with the East.

USC looks overrated yet again even having the preordained Heisman winner and soon to be first-round QB. They won and I don't discredit E.Mich since they are a tough team, but they are still not Div I tough. Ohio St looked suspect till they woke up in the second half. The Mich-tOSU game should be good if they keep rolling along if tOSU can keep from tripping on OK next week.

Texas... LMAO. Yeah... probably not this year.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 12:00:09 PM

Bama will win the SEC because there's no real competition yet, the East still sucks and Georgia isn't good enough to beat them on a big stage unless a miracle happens.

ACC is now a three-horse race between Miami and Clemson/Louisville. FSU losing their QB means they are fucked.

Ohio State and Michigan will play for the Big 10 again because nobody there is good enough to test them.

The PAC-12 is really a 2-horse race between USC and Washington again, unless Stanford turns out to be for real and beats USC. And if that happens and they all fuck each other up, the PAC-12 gets left out this season in favor of...

Oklahoma who is the only show in town in the Big12 since I don't believe in OKst, TCU, or KSt. OU can take one loss against Ohio State, win out, and still get in the tournament. I can't say that about USC if they lose to Stanford.

I never see the SEC/Big10/ACC getting left out currently unless something bizarre happens and you have a 2-loss champ. That means it's a war between the PAC and Big12 for the final slot, and OU will have the best resume of the two if they only take one loss.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 12:10:18 PM

Louisville doesn’t look all that good, tbh.  Still think they are behind Free Shoes U
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 12:12:17 PM

Yeah Bama in the SEC is pretyt much the only top tier team there. The second tier is pretty established, but nothing coming out to challenge Bama at this point.

I'm not counting Penn St out of the B1G. They will be a sleeper again... not enough to push OSU/MICH out of the spotlight and the dance, but I don't think the B1G champ will be left out again.

I think Miami is still a year or two out from making a run.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 07:57:39 PM

Oklahoma is fucking shit up tonight. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 12:59:07 PM

OU just flipped the tables. Now the Big 10 is in moderate trouble.

If Michigan loses to Ohio State, the Big 10 could be fucked out of a tournament spot by an undefeated OU, an undefeated USC, Alabama, and Clemson (assuming they get past Louisville).

If Michigan wins out, they will go to the tournament easily.

But if Alabama or Clemson only take one loss or better, the schedule strength comes into play, and Alabama and Clemson play tougher schedules than Ohio State.

Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 01:39:21 PM

I highly doubt USC goes without a loss or two. Dunno who or when, but it'll happen. tOSU got a dose of reality and humble pie. I don't like Mich or tOSU but I don't like tOSU more. I'm definitely pulling for Penn St.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 04:41:38 PM

Fuck Pedo State from now until all time.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 01:03:09 PM

Penn State is and always has been a fake team since the scandal. They lost to Pitt last season, in addition to losing to Michigan. Yes, they beat a highly overrated Ohio State team who got absolutely SMASHED by Clemson when they got on a real stage. Yes, they beat Wisconsin because the Badgers forgot you needed to actually score points in the second half to win a football game.

But if you put Penn State up against Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State all in a row this year? They lose two of those games because Michigan is better than them, and Ohio State and Michigan State are road games. They don't survive that stretch. And frankly if Penn State is the de facto champ again this season I think the Big 10 gets left out too.

WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 11:12:07 PM

Suck it, USC.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 07:46:30 AM

I just wanted to say.

41-0.

HAHAHAHAHA Rocky Top.

Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 07:52:37 AM

LSU got beat by Troy at home during homecoming....  swamp poop

We are the Nebraska of the SEC. See you all in 7 years when we are bowl eligible again.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 07:54:16 AM

We are the Nebraska of the SEC. See you all in 7 years when we are bowl eligible again.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Getting rid of that nasty Les Miles is looking better by the minute.

Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 08:00:56 AM

Getting rid of that nasty Les Miles is looking better by the minute.

I had no issue with getting rid of him. His offensive schemes were ancient and not working well in the new era of the spread and he never developed a QB, only game managers who had above average WRs. He had the defenses which carried 80% of that team. Seems that is now gone the way of their QB play as well.

Not getting Jimbo Fisher was a black mark (though FSU is lollerskates currently). Big Ed will last maybe to game 3 next year and the AD will be right with him on the way out and it will be full rebuild mode. Recruiting will tank till 2020. I'm just going to focus on our good runs in the past 15 years (starting after DiNardo).

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 08:31:31 AM

Yeah, apparently you guys can't get rid of Big Ed this year without it costing you $12 million. Get used to this.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 08:31:47 AM

I agreed with getting rid of Les too actually, I was being facetious. The main issue I had was LSU's organization structure completely fucking up the process twice, thinking they were somehow this amazing job that nobody would turn down, getting rejected, and then pretending that Coach O was their first choice.

It was just a hilarious bit of mismanagement. And people should be fired for it.

Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 08:55:55 AM

I agreed with getting rid of Les too actually, I was being facetious. The main issue I had was LSU's organization structure completely fucking up the process twice, thinking they were somehow this amazing job that nobody would turn down, getting rejected, and then pretending that Coach O was their first choice.

It was just a hilarious bit of mismanagement. And people should be fired for it.

Agreed. LSU is now an afterthought in the SEC. Thankfully, the SEC as a whole is in its twilight right now with Bama and UGA really being the only teams that look dominant. The rich will get richer from here on out until the next major shift in hiring.

B1G and the ACC is the new hotness.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 09:19:22 AM

Ed Orgeron was not the best hire.  Les really lost his luster once he stopped being a lunatic and started trying to play conventional football.

It's not surprising that the administration fucked the hiring process up, considering what a giant clusterfuck of a state that this is.
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 09:26:05 AM

Ed Orgeron was not the best hire.  Les really lost his luster once he stopped being a lunatic and started trying to play conventional football.

It's not surprising that the administration fucked the hiring process up, considering what a giant clusterfuck of a state that this is.

Can't argue with you on that... sad to see where it is, but I have my memories.  awesome, for real

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 12:03:27 PM

The college slate this weekend is complete crap. I'm always annoyed how the SEC plays crap games at the end of the season.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 03:05:38 PM

Can't just blame the SEC for the shit schedule.  Nobody else is playing anyone of note, either, except for Wisconsin. 

Even the conference games suck.  Who wants to watch Georgia take out their frustrations on Kentucky?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 11:16:58 PM

Hey Way, you are welcome for the worst time out ever called in the history of college football.  swamp poop

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 12:55:31 AM

I was playing poker and didn't see the entire sequence, but I did wonder how the fuck UW got the ball back with so much time. That is crazy.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 01:43:25 AM

UW got the ball back with 29 seconds left with no TOs at their own 40. They ran a run play in bounds basically conceding OT. Our dumb-ass coach for reasons I will never, NEVER understand called TO (Utes had 2, so even if UW just takes knees utah will never get the ball back).  Peterson clearly takes this as a fuck you, so runs two 20 yard pass plays, kicks field goal, wins.  I mean, what the fuck.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 10:47:24 AM

LOL wow.

I don't get the UW offense. They look unstoppable at times, and other times just tapdance all over their dicks. Browning's decision making is suspect, I think.

Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 25, 2017, 05:41:30 PM

Well god damn...

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #26 on: November 26, 2017, 05:00:05 PM

So we get Auburn again in the Championship. Should be fine.  Ohhhhh, I see.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #27 on: November 26, 2017, 05:21:15 PM

Tennessee trying to hire Greg Schiano and the entire state is melting down.   why so serious?
So I guess they are going to abort the hiring.

Why they would do that, in the first place, is beyond baffling. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 08:27:14 AM

Tennessee's AD is a complete numbnuts. They haven't made a good hire in that place in decades, and it's all because their leadership is rotten from the core.

If anything I'd clean house from top to bottom and just start over.

Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 28, 2017, 06:01:03 AM

Think the best thing about this week's polling is the fact that South Florida and Central Florida are in the top 25 and Florida State and Florida are no where to be found.  awesome, for real

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #30 on: December 01, 2017, 07:54:23 PM

.....and Aggy just paid a 5-6 Jimbo Fisher $75 mil over 10 years.   awesome, for real
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 02, 2017, 03:51:34 AM

.....and Aggy just paid a 5-6 Jimbo Fisher $75 mil over 10 years.   awesome, for real

No idea why he'd take TxAM over LSU last year other than FSU is in complete shut down and he didn't see it coming.

In other news, Tennessee is a complete mess.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #32 on: December 02, 2017, 07:42:23 AM

$$$$

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #33 on: December 02, 2017, 07:46:33 AM

Bama will win the SEC because there's no real competition yet, the East still sucks and Georgia isn't good enough to beat them on a big stage unless a miracle happens.

ACC is now a three-horse race between Miami and Clemson/Louisville. FSU losing their QB means they are fucked.

Ohio State and Michigan will play for the Big 10 again because nobody there is good enough to test them.

The PAC-12 is really a 2-horse race between USC and Washington again, unless Stanford turns out to be for real and beats USC. And if that happens and they all fuck each other up, the PAC-12 gets left out this season in favor of...

Oklahoma who is the only show in town in the Big12 since I don't believe in OKst, TCU, or KSt. OU can take one loss against Ohio State, win out, and still get in the tournament. I can't say that about USC if they lose to Stanford.

I never see the SEC/Big10/ACC getting left out currently unless something bizarre happens and you have a 2-loss champ. That means it's a war between the PAC and Big12 for the final slot, and OU will have the best resume of the two if they only take one loss.

Let's review my BS predictions from September. I was wrong on Bama due to injuries and Auburn outperforming expectations. Georgia might win this thing.
Absolutely correct on the ACC, it's down to Miami and Clemson. FSU was awful after the QB loss and their coach bailed.
Half right on the Big 10, I didn't see Wisconsin coming. Ohio State will still likely win that conference.
I surrounded USC and Standford which did turn out to be for real. And they did fuck each other all up.
Oklahoma is the only show in town. They will get in the tournament over the Pac-12 if they win out.
I was correct on the SEC/ACC part. I still don't think a 2 loss Ohio State is getting left out, and a no-loss Wisconsin certainly isn't. Which means it's going to be SEC Champ, ACC Champ, OU, and Big 10 champ. Bama gets left out.

Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 02, 2017, 08:21:55 AM

$$$$

Well yeah, but Jimbo has a history at LSU and I'm pretty sure he could have wrote whatever number he wanted on the check. That said, TxAM just signed over the farm for a coach who will probably avg 8 wins a year unless he can somehow recruit better than Saban and Ogre.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2017 College Football  
Jump to: