Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:44:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2017 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 College Football  (Read 26536 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #35 on: December 02, 2017, 08:25:03 AM

Let's review my BS predictions from September. I was wrong on Bama due to injuries and Auburn outperforming expectations. Georgia might win this thing.
Absolutely correct on the ACC, it's down to Miami and Clemson. FSU was awful after the QB loss and their coach bailed.
Half right on the Big 10, I didn't see Wisconsin coming. Ohio State will still likely win that conference.
I surrounded USC and Standford which did turn out to be for real. And they did fuck each other all up.
Oklahoma is the only show in town. They will get in the tournament over the Pac-12 if they win out.
I was correct on the SEC/ACC part. I still don't think a 2 loss Ohio State is getting left out, and a no-loss Wisconsin certainly isn't. Which means it's going to be SEC Champ, ACC Champ, OU, and Big 10 champ. Bama gets left out.

Kudos.

I'm really pulling for Wisconsin. Long shot, but not completely a lost cause.

If TCU pulls out a win over OU I'm going to be a happy camper. It'll be hilarious to have Bama sneak in the back door.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #36 on: December 02, 2017, 02:46:50 PM

So far OU (though TCU made it pretty easy for them) and whoever wins this SEC game look like very solid playoff teams. Here's hoping the other two big games are played to similar levels of competence and we get a good field minus Alabama because zzzz roll fuck yourselves shitlords.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #37 on: December 03, 2017, 08:23:40 AM

Hmm.  Bama or tOSU....tough decision.  They could honestly just flip a coin, but I think I'd prefer to not see two SEC teams in the playoff, just to make it more interesting.  The LSU/Bama title game a few years ago was a snoozer.

Looks like Bama was the choice.  Both teams have legitimate reasons to be left out.  Still, Bama could win the whole thing and I don't think tOSU would be able to make it happen.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:39:18 AM by ghost »
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #38 on: December 03, 2017, 11:40:16 AM

As a very passive tOSU fan, I'm a bit bummed to see them not chosen. IMO, each conference champ should be automatically asked to the playoffs, maybe even expanding the playoffs to 8 or 16 teams.

From a business/ratings perspective - the choice is dumber than a bucket full of hair. All four teams are in the same general quadrant of the US. We have no incentive to watch any of the games, nor do many other folks in the country.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #39 on: December 03, 2017, 12:52:15 PM

As a very rabid tOSU fan I firmly believe it was the correct decision and I'm annoyed/relieved because fuck Bama but kinda fuck seeing Prince play against that Clemson d-line.

What really makes me mad? The Rose Bowl won't be B1G champ Ohio State vs Pac champ USC in Pasadena. It will be OU vs UGA and the rightful Rose Bowl game will take place in Texas. Not on New Years.

Fuck
That
Shit

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #40 on: December 03, 2017, 04:57:32 PM

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS SIC EM

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

DRILLING AND MANLINESS why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #41 on: December 03, 2017, 04:58:21 PM

Eh, the Rose Bowl and Co sold out years ago.  Just how it's going to be.  

I, personally, preferred the old system of bowls prior to the BCS, but I assume I'm in the minority on that one.  Should be a good playoff, though.  As long as Clemson doesn't win.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2017 College Football  
Jump to: