Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:06:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: HURRICANE FUCKSTICK 5001: MORE IRMA, MORE CANE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HURRICANE FUCKSTICK 5001: MORE IRMA, MORE CANE  (Read 94661 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #315 on: September 11, 2017, 04:34:27 PM

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
schild
Administrator

Reply #316 on: September 11, 2017, 04:59:31 PM

That's a future picture for the "I live in hurricane alley" starter park
schild
Administrator

Reply #317 on: September 11, 2017, 05:07:12 PM

Milo's home was destroyed.

Before you ask, he's still alive.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #318 on: September 11, 2017, 05:13:35 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #319 on: September 11, 2017, 05:19:05 PM

God he's such a piece of shit.

If anyone deserves the good old fashioned tied-to-a-fence-and-be-stoned-for-sexual-choices, its this guy.

And it has nothing to do with his sexuality. He just deserves it.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: September 12, 2017, 02:33:19 AM

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: September 12, 2017, 05:19:55 AM

If only we could really have a map where Florida didn't exist.... why so serious?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #322 on: September 12, 2017, 06:40:01 AM

If only we could really have a map where Florida didn't exist.... why so serious?

Sure as hell is not for the lack of the Earth trying.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #323 on: September 12, 2017, 08:05:21 AM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #324 on: September 12, 2017, 08:09:49 AM

I saw that but figured since they used the word wrong anyway, misspelling it was the least of their sins.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #325 on: September 12, 2017, 08:12:48 AM

I figure it is worse if a spellchecker from the 1960s could have caught the mistake.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: September 12, 2017, 08:45:01 AM

I saw that but figured since they used the word wrong anyway, misspelling it was the least of their sins.

I had that argument recently but apparently since the common usage now is a synonym for annihilated it doesn't matter what the word originally meant.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #327 on: September 12, 2017, 08:47:15 AM

I had that argument recently but apparently since the common usage now is a synonym for annihilated it doesn't matter what the word originally meant.
Welcome to the English language.  Almost none of the words we currently use mean what they originally meant.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: September 12, 2017, 06:28:45 PM

Power is coming back rather quickly to the neighborhoods here in Lee county, though my own home has yet to be restored. The contents of my refrigerators are a loss, but with all the overtime I'm working for the storm, it's not that big of a loss. Aside from that, the house didn't take any structure damage nor shingle loss (hooray for 2015 construction!), but I did lose a tree in the backyard.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: September 12, 2017, 07:44:09 PM

Glad to hear you missed the worst of it.
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: September 13, 2017, 07:06:31 PM

Power is coming back rather quickly to the neighborhoods here in Lee county, though my own home has yet to be restored. The contents of my refrigerators are a loss, but with all the overtime I'm working for the storm, it's not that big of a loss. Aside from that, the house didn't take any structure damage nor shingle loss (hooray for 2015 construction!), but I did lose a tree in the backyard.

Same here, my power just came on this afternoon.  The mail and the trash just resumed service as well.   Although my refrigerator is a total loss we prepared our freezer and to my surprise we found that those preparations led to it being sufficiently cold that everything in it survived.  Yay for freezing water into every container you have and putting it into the maximum cold freezer.  Its a bit surreal going through a natural disaster like this as you saw the best and the absolute worst in humanity.   From gas hoarders, businesses operating rackets at the pump in order to milk every drop faster as gas was running low, to looters, to people getting in fist fights over their right to hoard ice it has been an amazing couple of weeks.  It also is really amazing to see the real heroes throughout this entire ordeal.   I am not talking about the police either as their performance has been less than satisfactory.  I am talking about the guys operating the rigs who resupplied us.  It allowed a lot of people to leave Fort Myers after fleeing from Miami and it allowed many people afterwards to get food, medicine, water and to keep their communications equipment alive.  The guys operating the rigs kept something on the shelf even if you had no time to prepare.   The weathermen in Key West  were singularly heroic, they stayed and because they did we knew where the storm was going to make landfall at Marco Island.  School Districts became community shelters and allowed thousands of people in Collier county to take shelter from the storm.   There were examples of corporate heroics to, such as the Everblades who used their stadium to house their community.  You also saw really small acts of heroism.   Numerous good deeds and people banding together to share water, food, and even to look out after each other on the day after the hurricane.  

In just a few minutes I am going to go to sleep and I hope I will have my first real full night of sleep in three days but one more thing I learned is just how hard it is to sleep when you are so unbelievably hot (and in Florida that heat is worse at night) and hungry.  Though I was very lucky, and able to eat a can of soup a day, some pretzels, and water you just don't understand really how irrational and easy it is to lose your cool when placed into that position for days.  It is an experience I hope to never repeat, but it is also one I will be better prepared for next time.      
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:15:29 PM by MournelitheCalix »

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: September 13, 2017, 07:13:42 PM

Glad you all came through this ok.  Keep the updates coming!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #332 on: September 14, 2017, 06:37:04 AM

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #333 on: September 14, 2017, 05:32:56 PM

Had several friends and colleagues who traveled to the affected areas to help evac people - the damage is pretty extreme in some areas, such as St. Martin.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: September 14, 2017, 07:13:31 PM

Jose has apparently (now that he is a tropical storm and not a hurricane) decided to stop his pirouette in the open sea and head towards land. Current center of the NHC cone of uncertainty has him as a hurricane headed straight for New England by the end of next week.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #335 on: September 15, 2017, 01:07:26 AM

You know, I've been spending all my time watching the hurricane paths and forecast back in the US.  Then I noticed the sky starting to get dark outside here at work, so I checked the weather.  

And only just realized I'm about to be hit by a Typhoon.   awesome, for real

https://www.cyclocane.com/doksuri-storm-tracker/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 01:34:22 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: September 15, 2017, 09:52:52 AM

Got power back a couple days ago, but no internet until today. A couple houses down a tree was blocking the entire road, that thing falls the other way and it would have crushed their entire house to tinder.

I am the .00000001428%
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: September 15, 2017, 11:17:14 AM

You know, I've been spending all my time watching the hurricane paths and forecast back in the US.  Then I noticed the sky starting to get dark outside here at work, so I checked the weather.  

And only just realized I'm about to be hit by a Typhoon.   awesome, for real

https://www.cyclocane.com/doksuri-storm-tracker/

sneaky little bugger those typhoons.. Ohhhhh, I see.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: September 16, 2017, 09:16:44 PM

Puerto Rico may not exist come Thursday, newly minted Tropical Storm Maria is forecast to be a major hurricane by the time it reaches Puerto Rico and the center of the forecast cone is smack dab on the island.

What a month, eh?

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: September 16, 2017, 10:00:10 PM

Maria?  Isnt that out of sequence?  What happened to K and L?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: September 16, 2017, 10:04:08 PM

Maria?  Isnt that out of sequence?  What happened to K and L?

Katia hit Mexico last week.

Lee is puttering around in the mid atlantic and will not get near land.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: September 17, 2017, 11:42:06 AM

Jose's still alive and kicking, though. It may even find a way to come onshore in the Mid-Atlantic, though likely as an extratropical storm by that point if it did happen.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: September 17, 2017, 12:29:06 PM

Jose's still alive and kicking, though. It may even find a way to come onshore in the Mid-Atlantic, though likely as an extratropical storm by that point if it did happen.

Jose is not going to end up doing any damage.

Which is surreal considering how powerful the storm has been at times and how long it has been a named storm.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: September 18, 2017, 04:01:38 AM

Might be some beach erosion and flooding in Jersey, Delaware and Long Island.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: September 18, 2017, 02:41:21 PM

I just heard of a hurricane named Maria!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at5.shtml?cone#contents

Well Puerto Rico is fucked.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #345 on: September 18, 2017, 04:11:56 PM

Maria dead center over Puerto Rico in three days:

Puerto Rico prediction for 20. Sept 22:00 UTC Data ECMWF model. No comment necessary.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:18:55 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: September 18, 2017, 05:42:52 PM

The tracks of Maria

Hic sunt dracones.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #347 on: September 18, 2017, 05:46:20 PM

Don't post spaghetti plots, they are basically worthless.

Also, Maria is a Cat5 with the next stop Puerto Rico.

pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: September 18, 2017, 11:06:31 PM

Someone needs to photoshop Cthulhu onto that thing.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: September 19, 2017, 01:59:47 AM

Maria is close to Puerto Rico, and is projected to hit it dead on at Cat 5. San Juan will be pretty much under the Eye. It is one bloody massive storm. God help them.

http://google.org/crisismap/2017-maria

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: HURRICANE FUCKSTICK 5001: MORE IRMA, MORE CANE  
Jump to: