Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 03:43:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer thread 2017/2018 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soccer thread 2017/2018  (Read 3179 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #70 on: February 25, 2018, 04:46:17 PM

This is true but I still think they should get a new keeper in the summer. Karius has gotten better but his kicking and distribution lacks something and he's still prone to some bad positioning. Robertson though may be the best money they spent in the summer other than Salah, of course (who is certainly the biggest value for money in the entire Prem). He's still young and prone to some fuckups like today against West Ham, but he's nothing like the utter colossal cluster in defense that Moreno is. And Alexander-Arnold on the other side has made Clyne's long-term injury immaterial. He's made a number of naive young player mistakes but what he offers on offense makes up for it most of the time.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #71 on: February 27, 2018, 09:44:23 PM

Iran coach alleges Lionel Messi is not human.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 03, 2018, 08:04:11 PM

Ronaldo scored a good goal.

Expect poison from the standing water.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 04, 2018, 06:06:51 AM

Agreed.

Also Zlatan's debut for the LA Galaxy   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: April 04, 2018, 07:21:22 PM

Liverpool destroys Man City in Champions League. God that team is fun to watch.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #75 on: April 05, 2018, 10:15:56 AM

They really are. Now I don't know how much different game will be at the Etihad but if Salah's injury keeps him out, I am in no way comfortable with a 3-0 lead. Especially considering Henderson will be suspended for that match. Hendo and Milner were just bossing that game in midfield right up until Salah went off and the Ox had to go forward. He's so much better in that midfield role than in the front three. Still, we managed a clean sheet so no away goals to worry about next week.

Every Liverpool fan has been dreading the moment we see Salah's hamstring snap because we all remember how good Torres was before his went. Sames goes for Sturridge. Seems like I've spent over a decade living and dying by the strength of someone's dodgy hammy.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #76 on: April 11, 2018, 03:57:33 PM

That penalty call was stupid as fuck. No way that this was a penalty.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: April 11, 2018, 03:58:01 PM

Championís League needs VAR
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #78 on: April 12, 2018, 06:11:22 AM

That penalty call was stupid as fuck. No way that this was a penalty.

um. the fuck you say?

its controversial because any pk in stoppage time in a tied series where a team had to come back from down 3 in the first leg is going to be controversial but you have a player in front of goal with a clear chance who has a defender come from directly behind him, through/around him. saying no way that was a penalty is just retarded. its a call so close you have to spin it several angles and slow it down and then decide what does or doesn't constitute enough contact / resistance to going down.

which means its a close as fuck call that from a refs pov in real time is probably going to look like a penalty considering how alone in front of goal he was and how good the chance is if someone doesn't jump on his back and "knock" him down.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: April 12, 2018, 08:33:51 AM

Lol it was a clear penalty.

Expect poison from the standing water.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #80 on: April 12, 2018, 09:18:34 AM

That... was not a penalty. Especially not in a situation as big as that one. Jesus, I get more contact from people at the fucking grocers than happened in that penalty box. And then to send Buffon off for telling the ref what a dumb fucking call that was is just ridiculous.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: April 12, 2018, 09:26:56 AM

Buffon pushed him, repeatedly. Ref had to send him off by this point, basically.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #82 on: April 12, 2018, 01:10:28 PM

That... was not a penalty. Especially not in a situation as big as that one. Jesus, I get more contact from people at the fucking grocers than happened in that penalty box. And then to send Buffon off for telling the ref what a dumb fucking call that was is just ridiculous.

The "don't decide the game" argument means that its not a "not penalty" as much as a "light penalty you'd rather not decide a game by" for the record.

Also the "don't decide the game" thing really shouldn't be applied to when a guy standing open on the 6 yard line goes to ground as he controls the ball right? That's a super golden scoring chance. That was taken away. By a light penalty you could live with not being called maybe. I can see that stance. Saying it should never have been called or that there's no way its a penalty is just bullshit

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #83 on: April 12, 2018, 01:55:17 PM

I wouldn't call that penalty in the first minute at the center circle, much less at such a crucial time in the game. It just wasn't a fucking penalty or a foul. Live speed I said it wasn't a foul. Hell, Raheem Sterling tossed Virgil Van Djik aside on the touchline and stole the ball which led to Man City's first goal on Tuesday night and it wasn't called a foul, despite having more clear contact and an attempt to win the ball by unfair means. And that's from a ref who just loves handing out cards based on how he reacted the rest of the game.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 12, 2018, 05:06:26 PM

Its a 50/50 call at best.

That it gave shithead Madrid and shithead Ronaldo the victory just makes it terrible. That team and its fans can go suck it.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: April 12, 2018, 08:02:55 PM

Penalty was harsh, Vazquez seemed to be already going down before contact was made. The red card for Buffon was egregious considering it was going to be his last game and the timing of the decision. Left a sour taste, but the penalty was impressive under the circumstances.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: April 13, 2018, 01:27:08 AM

and Ronaldo was being a cunt about it afterwards, ripping his shirt of and flexing and celebrating like he just broke Apolllo Creeds back.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: April 13, 2018, 04:14:21 AM

Buffon pushed him, repeatedly. Ref had to send him off by this point, basically.

Buffon was out of line, but considering the circumstances - one of the all time great keepers playing his last CL game, never having won it. Faced with a dubious injury time penalty, after making a near historic coming back. It's quite an understandeable reaction. Oliver should portion some of the blame as he was the silent sullen little child he always is in these situations and had lost control.

Nothing wrong with a simple word and a yellow card, explain why you think it's a penalty even if you're wrong. Then another yellow if the outburst continues.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #88 on: April 13, 2018, 10:16:29 AM

So now Liverpool gets Roma. To say that I'm happy with that choice would be an understatement. I did not want either Real or Bayern in the semis.

PLEASE BAYERN, BEAT THESE REAL MADRID FUCKERS.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 13, 2018, 12:41:11 PM

Unlikely
WayAbvPar

Reply #90 on: April 14, 2018, 12:41:05 PM

Ronaldo was being a cunt

In other news, the sun rose in the east today, and Donald Trump said something stupid.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Who the hell taught you how to write? Fuck, that sentence is like internet transmitted face-attacking knives. Jesus. schild
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer thread 2017/2018  
Jump to: