Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 05:20:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer thread 2017/2018 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soccer thread 2017/2018  (Read 883 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #35 on: October 01, 2017, 01:14:00 PM

Liverpool's defensive issues have nothing to do with the system and everything to do with personnel, I'm thoroughly convinced of that. Nothing about the system dictates you just let a dude stroll straight through 2 defenders like that. The only thing the system might have done is have the fullbacks a little closer to the back line so that one of them could have mopped up what the other two chucklefucks failed to do. But if you can't rely on your fucking center backs to stop one guy on a good pass directly through the middle of them, I don't know how you can ever expect not to ship goals.

They are on a run of cold scoring, despite getting about a billion chances a game. It happens but it'll turn back. That's where you have to be able to rely on your defense. Sturridge may be done as a starter. I just didn't see enough out of him to justify his place and frankly, I'd rather see Solanke at the striker spot over Firmino.

Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 01:55:39 PM

A solid holding midfielder would mean less opportunity to pass the ball straight between the defenders, a solid defender would make sure to take depth when there is no pressure in the midfield. The last time liverpool had both we had great defense, dortmund had both under Klopp.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 02:15:53 PM

Liverpool really needs a Julian Weigel/Ilkay Gundogan type. Instead we have Can/Henderson, neither of which are strong enough defensively for what's required.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 02, 2017, 03:23:11 AM

I said at the time that Liverpool should sell Coutinho for 100-120m? to Barca. I still believe that, and then used the money to buy someone like Aubameyang for 100m. They really need a goal scorer leading the line, look at how Lukaku has already helped transform Uniteds habit of drawing games.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:24:54 AM by Amarr HM »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 02, 2017, 04:12:05 AM

The offer that Barcenlona had for Coutinho included addons that were close to impossible like ballon d'or, scoring most goals in la liga and other things, think the real sum was around 80M, with only 25M up front.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #40 on: October 02, 2017, 11:11:10 AM

If they weren't going to take the first offer for Coutinho, there was no reason to take any of them, because they'd have needed all that time to actually spend that money. And even then, trying to find 1) a replacement for Coutinho that someone was willing to sell and 2) a proven striker in addition was not going to be easy, and likely would have failed no matter how much money they spent. Shit, Barca had to spend upwards of 115 Million just to get Dembele. We couldn't even get Keita until next summer despite throwing insane numbers around. Aubameyang would have cost all the Coutinho money. ALL OF IT. And we still would have a shitty defense, a shitty left back (since Klopp doesn't want to start Robertson for some inscrutable reason), a sketchy as fuck #1 and #2 goalkeeper (I'm to the point where I'd rather they just fucking start Danny Ward and suck up the inevitable fumbles he'll make learning) and no good holding/deep lying playmaker midfielder type.

I'm already a bit resigned to "next season" while hoping we can at least get into other group stages of the Champions league and finish top 4 but I'm not entirely sure we can do that right now.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 09:06:58 PM

Fuck you USA. Now we have to play Honduras.

Expect poison from the standing water.
WayAbvPar

Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 09:40:49 PM

What a complete shitshow. Fire everyone from Sunil down to the goddamned janitor and start over. Fucking disgraceful.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Who the hell taught you how to write? Fuck, that sentence is like internet transmitted face-attacking knives. Jesus. schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 10:06:43 PM

How the fuck do you lose to T&T?

Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 11, 2017, 02:05:17 AM

Panama won their game by scoring a goal that went outside the post which ended up eliminating USA. Can't believe that they still have those sort of issues in football.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 11, 2017, 05:35:50 AM

I blame Trump Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 11, 2017, 07:25:36 AM

Fuck you USA. Now we have to play Honduras.

This. I don't even get the pleasure of trash talking with my colleagues up to this tie. Now I only get to go into work and make fun of them today. This World Cup is going to blow.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #47 on: October 11, 2017, 08:25:49 AM

I think FOX bought the US rights to the World Cup for $200M this year. They are going to lose half their money on that venture now.

CPA, Sports blogger, Mount and Blade enthusiast
Braves by the Numbers, my sports blog
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 11, 2017, 10:36:36 AM

Panamanians seemed pretty happy. Commentators sounded like they had a seizure, hilarious.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer thread 2017/2018  
Jump to: