Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Good Eats / Good Eats Reloaded / Return of the Eats 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Eats / Good Eats Reloaded / Return of the Eats  (Read 4809 times)
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

on: July 27, 2017, 06:59:18 AM

The Return of Good Eats is Coming

It was a rare show that taught you to cook rather than just teaching recipes. It was also quite funny... usually. And now it is returning in some form...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:18:38 PM by jgsugden »

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:12:37 AM

Whaaa? But he said never again!

And I don't care if he's contradicting himself. Alton was about the only cooking show I could stomach, and my collection of books and videos from that show are still in top rotation as dinner planning references in the Mandella household.

Interesting, I'm the only one of my household that actually likes his shows. Both his humor and his technical approach leaves my wife cold. But she certainly likes the dishes I've made under his guidance.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 03:54:23 AM

Yeah, Good Eats was what taught me at least half of my cooking knowledge. Learning not just a recipe but the reasoning behind the recipe, why these techniques were being used or what it actually does to the food really helped me understand the components of recipes and adapt them (even if I just started off rote copying whenever I did stuff). It worked better for me than similar attempts I've seen in recipe books, not sure if that's because the gimmicky humour held my attention better or the 101 science stuff explained it in a way that was easier for me to grasp.

I'll be interested to see it back. The humour was definitely an aspect that has actively put off other people I've tried to get to watch it, they just saw it as silly and dismissed the content as well.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 07:45:22 PM

Alton announced that the show will be returning next year in a half hour format under the title of Return of the Eats. I can't wait.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 03:08:53 PM

October 15th seems to be the date that the redone episodes of Good Eats will premere entitles Good Eats reloaded... these will be the old eisodes redone as he changes his advice, if I understand the plan correctly.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:19:53 PM by jgsugden »

schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 10:14:29 PM

i wish he'd just done his web show tbh
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 07:19:02 AM

I don't care about the medium, just give me the content.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 10:38:04 AM

I'm kinda with Schild on this one, although on whatever service he decides to run his show I'll, er, "find" it.

I still buy his books, so don't feel like you're not getting my money Alton.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 10:41:19 AM

I would just prefer Alton had been able to do exactly what he wanted with zero oversight. Instead we'll get shit that also has to appeal to midwest housewives.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 01:19:54 PM

For the Reloaded shows the Cooking Channel is not the Food Network channel and has a lower subscriber base. It's like being a Friday show on FOX.

The new Good Eats series is supposed to be on Food Network so that'll be better, in that regard.
WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 12:00:13 AM

Quite excited for this. I still watch Good Eats every time I run across it. One of my fav shows, and easily the best thing ever produced by any of the food/cooking channels. My kids like it too, and getting them interested in cooking and kitchen safety is all good.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 07:16:08 AM

For the Reloaded shows the Cooking Channel is not the Food Network channel and has a lower subscriber base. It's like being a Friday show on FOX.

The new Good Eats series is supposed to be on Food Network so that'll be better, in that regard.

Reloaded seems to be him going thrugh old episodes and updating them with better information.  The first one sounds like a revamp of his very first episode.  Wheter these updates are more of a reboot, revival or MST3K commentary is tbd.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12 on: August 20, 2019, 09:44:16 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: August 21, 2019, 09:03:17 PM

Full Chicken Parm episode on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kg6regArFY
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 08:10:18 AM

i really wish he'd done this as the web series he had planned
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Good Eats / Good Eats Reloaded / Return of the Eats  
Jump to: