Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 10:37:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Good Eats 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Eats  (Read 188 times)
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

on: July 27, 2017, 08:59:18 AM

The Return of Good Eats is Coming

It was a rare show that taught you to cook rather than just teaching recipes. It was also quite funny... usually. And now it is returning in some form...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:09:15 PM by jgsugden »

I miss Good Eats.  *Sniff*
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:12:37 AM

Whaaa? But he said never again!

And I don't care if he's contradicting himself. Alton was about the only cooking show I could stomach, and my collection of books and videos from that show are still in top rotation as dinner planning references in the Mandella household.

Interesting, I'm the only one of my household that actually likes his shows. Both his humor and his technical approach leaves my wife cold. But she certainly likes the dishes I've made under his guidance.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 05:54:23 AM

Yeah, Good Eats was what taught me at least half of my cooking knowledge. Learning not just a recipe but the reasoning behind the recipe, why these techniques were being used or what it actually does to the food really helped me understand the components of recipes and adapt them (even if I just started off rote copying whenever I did stuff). It worked better for me than similar attempts I've seen in recipe books, not sure if that's because the gimmicky humour held my attention better or the 101 science stuff explained it in a way that was easier for me to grasp.

I'll be interested to see it back. The humour was definitely an aspect that has actively put off other people I've tried to get to watch it, they just saw it as silly and dismissed the content as well.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Good Eats  
Jump to: