Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:49:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Pacific Rim 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pacific Rim 2  (Read 18561 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #70 on: March 28, 2018, 06:18:34 AM

Remember when all we had to nitpick was a giant robot using a cargo ship as a baseball bat?
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: March 28, 2018, 04:08:12 PM

Boyega was entertaining, other actors were meh, but it's not like I went expecting an art film.  I would've like more monsters, fewer children.  Unless you consider children to be monsters  Ohhhhh, I see.

I got my matinee ticket's worth of fun.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 29, 2018, 06:51:26 AM

Boyega was entertaining, other actors were meh, but it's not like I went expecting an art film.  I would've like more monsters, fewer children.  Unless you consider children to be monsters  Ohhhhh, I see.

I got my matinee ticket's worth of fun.

Saw it, and this is a good summary.  Was kinda “meh”, would have been better with more monster time. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #73 on: March 29, 2018, 03:08:34 PM

It was good in 3d imax, I'm pretty sure it would have been bad in 2d, felt like the whole damn thing was shot for 3d scenes.

I liked the first one more but this one wasn't nearly as bad as I expected so I was generally pleased. Complaints that the 2nd just didn't have the gravitas of the 1st both in terms of aesthetic, action and I guess world building are legit but I found that to not matter much at all when watching.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Pacific Rim 2  
Jump to: