Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:03:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destiny 2  (Read 110481 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #210 on: January 10, 2019, 06:11:34 PM

As grindy as BA may be, if that was your focus, you missed a lot of good shit.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: January 10, 2019, 10:48:07 PM

There was more to it than going from forge to forge? I'd finished CoO/WM/Forsaken on all 3 characters and had got them all to 600. The need to keep grinding more levels as part of the DLC did my head in and the cosmetics aren't worth it. If they implemented cosmetics as in Guild Wars I'd be interested.

If there is more storyline etc I'd try forges again but TBH I can't see it being worthwhile. I didn't get past the first forge because it was a case of grind some more for higher level gear so that you can do the content. It's as bad as the  Ace of Spades shit which I'm still not over - playing crucible on Aussie ping made that shit un-doable.

I'm sick of Bungie locking stuff behind grind and PVP.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #212 on: January 11, 2019, 01:18:43 AM

Bungie tells Activision to piss off and keeps Destiny in the process.

Considering Kotick is still a goatfucker, this is good news. They also got a cool 100 mil in fresh funding to throw at a new game, which I'm hoping is related to Marathon.
It's interesting they were able to get out of their contract a year and half or so early (was supposed to last until mid-2020). Bungie must have been costing Activision a decent chunk of money.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: September 30, 2019, 05:21:35 PM

Rise from your motherfucking grave for one last hurrah.

Tomorrow:

- 2nd expansion launches
- PC finalizes move from Battle.net to Steam
- Game is now F2P with a Fortnite-style progression system
- Levels are gone. All new players start at 700ish Power.
- Brand new players will get the OG Destiny 1 starting story, not the D2 tower-attack-Light-loss fiasco.
- Cross-saved play is now available. You can't play cross-platform, but if you've got multiple platforms to your avail, you can access your same account and hang with your appropriate homies.
EDIT: - This seemed worthy of edit: Armor system also getting overhauled or something.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 05:24:16 PM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #214 on: September 30, 2019, 05:35:59 PM

Having the base system as F2P I suspect will inject some life into the platform. I'm going to give it a stab, but I'm not buying the expac unless I get really caught up in it.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: October 01, 2019, 07:27:22 AM

I'm sitting with all 3 classes on 750 light waiting for the expansion to release.

Chalice was a lot of fun and I finally got into playing Crucible, finishing the Ace of Spades and falling in love with hand cannons.

I'm going to miss my furnace armor though.

By and large, Forsaken was a great expansion and moving to Steam should be great. I was sick of the Blizzard launcher.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: October 01, 2019, 12:49:44 PM

A shame they couldn't make the expansion purchases cross platform like the characters.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: October 01, 2019, 12:58:36 PM

A shame they couldn't make the expansion purchases cross platform like the characters.

Eh, gives them something to shoot for with Destiny 3  why so serious?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: October 01, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

16400 in a queue.

That's what happens when you pre-purchase the expansion. I should have realised that Bungie had no hope of handling all the free to pay players and forgot about their user base.

Back to WoW classic and Warframe for me

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #219 on: October 20, 2019, 08:23:23 PM

The launch was a shitshow. They tried to do too much at the same time.

That said, once you got in, the storyline is fucking fantastic. If you've been playing this since the first one, the echoes of your entire life as a Guardian spring out. The flexibility of the new armor is a lot better and the addition of the Vex deciding to start some shit while we're off balance is just, *chef's kiss*.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: October 20, 2019, 10:50:54 PM

Yup - I'm slogging through the grind to 950, with 2 guardians sitting at 920+

I must admit I am rolling as much Black Armory armor as I can - I like the aesthetic and the energy rolls seem pretty good so far.

I really like the artifact leveling and also the rewards (I'm on a season pass).

I'm in my Destiny phase of "Warframe or Destiny", I'm sure it will swing back as I hate the PvP of both but it's more intrusive in Destiny.

RIP PoE and WoW classic.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: October 30, 2019, 03:31:20 PM

I too have been enjoying this more and more over the past couple weeks. Didn't get Shadowkeep or the season pass yet, but there's so much to do with the New Light F2P I don't feel like I'm missing out. I might go all in come next season.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: June 09, 2020, 12:10:24 PM

Oh, hey, new content roadmap.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49189

tl;dr: Fuck Destiny 3, here's three more DLC expansions for the next three years. Also, we're cycling old content, so if you didn't play D1, you'll get a chance, and if you haven't played D2 year 1 yet, DO IT NOW.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: June 09, 2020, 07:28:35 PM

The content cycling is kinda wild, almost half to zones are going to be archived for some time. I like that they're apparently focused on making a Destiny living world instead of launching a new game every few years.

The one major thing that would make them AWESOME would be to make expansions populate cross platform, so I can play on PC in my den and PS4 in the living room without buying xpacs twice.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #224 on: June 11, 2020, 07:53:38 AM

They're not quite doing that but if you cycle up generations on the same platform (PS4-PS5, for example) your account goes with it, along with any expansions you bought.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #225 on: August 02, 2020, 07:58:39 PM

Beyond Light was pushed back to mid November, ostensibly because working from home for everyone makes shit weirder.

It's also, conveniently, right around the PS5's projected launch date.

I'm not particularly mad at them for the move. I was just hoping I'd get a week or two of the newest expansion in before America collapsed.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #226 on: August 02, 2020, 08:57:19 PM

Also if you have Xbox Game Pass, Destiny 2 is going to be on there next month with the expansions and will also be getting the new expansion when it launches on there. XGP is a pretty good deal to begin with and at the online event they had recently they announced that every game they showed off there was coming to XGP whenever each game launches. I've been having a pretty good time with XGP on the PC so that might be your best way to get access to the expansions on your PC, and then also maybe buy them on your PS4 if you need.
WayAbvPar

Reply #227 on: November 21, 2020, 12:42:23 AM

Anyone playing the expansion? Seems decent so far. Getting good and sick of traveling north on Europa though. They really need to add a fast travel spot at the top of the map there.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: November 21, 2020, 02:29:02 PM

I swore I wouldn't play Destiny 2 again... I failed.

Playing it now. Got my titan to 1206 light and I haven't finished the story, but I'm having fun. I started on my hunter but found that it was rough going as you start under capped. So I ground the titan and then remembered how good the movement/shooting is and kept running non-storyline for fun.

I miss but don't miss the removed content. I hate to say it, but I think they made a good choice, although I miss the Red War elements. Changes to gear seems solid except for the sunsetting of my beloved Black Armory weapons - I haven't found good weapons to replace them yet. Exotics feel in a good place, and  I love that you can now buy the exotics that are no longer achievable... because I was never going to grind for them.

The storyline feels good so far (as Destiny goes), between this and Rocket League, I'm finding that gaming is fun again for now (I burnt out on Warframe again)

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #229 on: December 28, 2020, 08:20:03 PM

With the exception of Cyberpunk, been playing this pretty much exclusively. Ran through the story on my Hunter main and my Warlock. Deleted my Titan and started over with the whole new player experience because I wanted to see what that was like. Kind of a mistake, because now I've got to grind through Forsaken and Shadowkeep again as well as the Beyond Light stuff.

Its always been fun and the new raid is pretty damn fun. Also, the raid exotic rocket launcher is the new Gjallarhorn and I'm loving the hell out of it in Crucible.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: December 29, 2020, 04:36:09 AM

You know that you can do the new player experience on old character don't you? why so serious?

I did it, played it through, got another risk runner and the catalyst at the end of it, then went on with the main game.

So far I've finished the season pass, just got the Big Fukkin Sword tonight and am grinding through bits and pieces. Hunter has grenades and aspects done, Titan is starting that quest line and the Warlock is still in the campaign with no stasis yet.

I do like the fact that I'm 1265 and have yet to see a raid. Actually, raiding is the one thing I haven't done in Destiny 2 ever.

I managed to solo the Exo Challenge for my sword - hated the waves of mobs until I realised that Mobius Quiver completely destroys the bodd simulcrum and Thorn and Ikelos SMG controls the mobs nicely.

I'm sure I will burn out soon, especially getting all the stasis skills on 2 more characters.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #231 on: December 30, 2020, 09:07:50 PM

Yeah, figured out that I could do those too late. Still, played it out in my head that my Titan disappeared along with Sloane when the Darkness made the planets and moons go bye bye.

WayAbvPar

Reply #232 on: January 26, 2021, 08:51:04 AM

My buddy and I are always looking for a third for Nightfall stuff- are we friends on Steam? If not, send me a friend request and give me a shout in game if you ever wanna ass around. I joined my friend's guild, but they are almost all PS5 players, so not a lot of guildies around until crossplay gets here.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #233 on: March 04, 2021, 10:28:30 AM

Had a friend from work drag my buddy and I through DSC the other night. I have no earthly idea how people going into raids blind and figure out the mechanics. What a fucking nightmare.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #234 on: March 04, 2021, 10:53:00 AM

Lots of trial and error.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #235 on: March 04, 2021, 05:55:03 PM

LOTS. That said, there's also always hints about the mechanics in the strikes and missions beforehand.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: March 05, 2021, 06:58:17 AM

You underestimate how Autisic people can be when they go in over and over and looking for every single gesture of every NPC to see what signals something is about to happen.

But ya there isn't a raid on the internet designed for a group to just walk in and win.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 07:06:28 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: March 19, 2021, 08:14:08 AM

You underestimate how Autisic people can be when they go in over and over and looking for every single gesture of every NPC to see what signals something is about to happen.

But ya there isn't a raid on the internet designed for a group to just walk in and win.

Patchwerk has entered the chat.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: March 19, 2021, 09:29:32 AM

TBF Patchwerk has a sign out front saying "You must DPS THIS high before winning."
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: March 19, 2021, 10:22:23 AM

Which, IMO, should be the benchmark fight for every raid. If you can't put out the deeps for a simple tank 'n spank, don't bother wasting your time on the rest of the raid and having to deal with "mechanics".

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Destiny 2  
Jump to: