Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS)  (Read 104946 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #175 on: August 10, 2017, 03:41:15 PM

The merchant read my post and put a bunch of magic boy fragments up for sale.  Hopefully having him makes a difference.

I followed these steps with AB, took me quiet a few tries to win:

Turn 1: get left pillar (gives some EP)
Turn 2: get right pillar (-100hp/round to you and the boss)
boost titles to get White Mage, Bishop, Water Master. Get a second Bishop if able, if not get White mage
Turn 3: Bless
Turn 4: Icicle - This prevents the 200 pt heal
Turn 5: Attack
Turn 6-11, 13-19, 21+: Ice shield / heal
Turn 12, 20: Icicle

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #176 on: August 11, 2017, 11:14:17 PM

I've yet to even figure out how to do trials, but I havent looked up much of anything.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: August 12, 2017, 12:15:07 AM

Ditto.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #178 on: August 13, 2017, 05:10:05 AM

Rendakor, can u log in when u get a sec and see if alliance levels to 5?  We completed donations but it's stuck at 4  ACK!

Again, plz.  Level 7 alliance  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: August 14, 2017, 06:22:19 PM

Done. Passed lead to Cheddar since I'm not playing much these days.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: August 21, 2017, 11:51:33 PM

so apparently the latest update broke the ability to "share to line" without actually sharing to line, so now I might have to either create a dummy line account, or link it to my facebook account if I want those bonus share gems :/

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: August 22, 2017, 11:51:31 AM

The share to Line doesn't give you gems anymore even with a Line account.  It quit working for me on the last update.  Also, the in game email said the gems were disabled to Facebook because of some terms of service or something.

My account isn't linked to Facebook but it is linked to game center.  I've been debating how easy it will be to transfer the account once I get a new phone or if I will be forced to link it to Facebook to do it.  The status of game center seems kind of nebulous now that the app is gone.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: August 23, 2017, 03:16:49 AM

Losing the share gems hurt but they did buff the Magic Lizard if you have it. Raiding is so lucrative now that it's more cost-effective gem wise to buy sage potions to replenish vigor so you can raid more than it is to buy gold pots.

The new Hell Frontier dungeon is the best one they've done yet, lots of stuff to do in it. Farming the Satan Son fragments might be a little annoying because you have to have a gravestone there constantly but the dungeon's mechanics are very cool and distinct from the other dungeons.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #183 on: August 23, 2017, 03:38:14 PM

Codes, not sure how long they are active  Heart

2972 - 150k coin, 15 gem

8427 - 3 gold pot, 150k coin

7147 - 5 pots, 80k coin

9796 - 5 pots, 80k coin

5173 - 2k relic frag, 80k coin

4224 - 2k relic frag, 80k coin

7808 - 2k relic frag, 80k coin

1072 - 8 magic relic, 80k coin

7461 - 8 magic relic, 80k coin

3508 - 8 magic relic, 80k coin

2273 - 8 melee relic, 80k coin

7129 - 8 melee relic, 80k coin

2352 - 8 melee relic, 80k coin

3346 - 8 adventure relic, 80k coin

9852 - 8 adventure relic, 80k coin

7283 - 8 adventure relic, 80k coin

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #184 on: September 02, 2017, 06:47:24 AM

Trying a Peter run.  It's a pain in the ass; too much SL 30  Mob Mob

Alliance is now level 8!  Keep up the donations; we can slow down once we hit 10 (unlocks 6 star airships in alliance store).

Also, tried some new/fun AB combos this week.  Monkey King/Spartan is fun for quick floor 60 clears and ripper/butcher is great for deep runs.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #185 on: September 02, 2017, 12:48:49 PM

Got Peter, used this guide as a reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/GDmaze/comments/6d6vw3/guide_getting_peter_gumball_without_creator/

Was not that bad.  I almost got squashed by floor 90 boss; forgot to toss up a spell to absorb his blow.  I just chained freeze time on final boss and melted his face.

Got Peter gumball, 110 gems, 5 gold pots, and of course 20 spartan frags.  Took about 5 SL30s to get correct combo on floor 65.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: September 03, 2017, 01:29:24 AM

That's a bit less than I had to do, took me about ~10 resets, although I've heard of unlucky people who had to go much longer. I've read on that same subreddit about a Three Eyed King/Werewolf Potion speed clear strategy, and now that I have 3EK I'll have to try it sometime. I've just been sticking with Adv/Little May/Athena (or Zerg Queen in reflect maps) forever because it's fast and easy and I still haven't 5 starred Little May.. and then I need the certificate afterward.. I can never justify running a non-adventurer gumball to myself.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #187 on: September 03, 2017, 06:44:12 AM

That's a bit less than I had to do, took me about ~10 resets, although I've heard of unlucky people who had to go much longer. I've read on that same subreddit about a Three Eyed King/Werewolf Potion speed clear strategy, and now that I have 3EK I'll have to try it sometime. I've just been sticking with Adv/Little May/Athena (or Zerg Queen in reflect maps) forever because it's fast and easy and I still haven't 5 starred Little May.. and then I need the certificate afterward.. I can never justify running a non-adventurer gumball to myself.

Yes, I want to try that 3 eye king quick run also.  I tried something similar with Athena (Ares summon) and it did not work out. 

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: September 05, 2017, 07:26:14 AM

I'm real close to Time Wizard, hopefully I have him here in a week or two.  It would be nice to clear ancient arena.  I decided that I hate Avalon Fortress and City of Steam so I've moved on to trying Desert Oasis instead.  After that maybe I'll do Bloody Fortress since it seems like that's the daily quest for me at least 3 times a week.

I've gotten most of the basic gem purchases out of the way now so I've been using some to level up some of the gem gumballs to get my airship rating up.  I'd like to be able to clear some of the airship events at some point.  I can clear the light and dark elemental now maybe every other day.  It seems like the RNG swings really hard on them.  I can't even dent phoenix.  I've maxed out Musashi and I should have Devil maxed out this week, so at least I'll have 3 level 5 cannons,  I'm not sure on airship tier ranking but I'm guessing I'll have to spend gems to get a stronger one next.

I've been trying Athena quite a bit lately and she trivializes floors 1-50 but she seems way weaker than Zerg Queen after that.   I feel like I'm missing something with her since people seem to really like running her.   I still use Adventure/Warrior/Zerg most of the time, it's easy and strong.  Zorro/Spartan/Zerg is really fast and fun though, but not getting the May fragments kinda sucks.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: September 05, 2017, 12:04:47 PM

You shouldn't have to replace Athena soldiers much from floors 1-50. From floors 50-60 you'll probably have to replace them every 3 floors or so, and 60-70 you might have to replace them every floor, but you should've built up a bunch of them by that point. You don't take Athena if you're planning on going beyond floor 70. You get 5 fragments from floor 30, 50, and 70, and 5 randomly on any non-boss floor for a cap of 20 per run. You can usually get the hidden gumball fragments by then as well unless you're unlucky depending on the dungeon.

That said I don't think the convenience of not having to click enemies is that awesome. I also find myself running Zerg Queen instead a lot of the time.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #190 on: September 05, 2017, 04:02:05 PM

I have spent zero gems on my airships and melt faces.  I have settled on Steel Fist with Apocalypse and Chaos Energy cannons.  This helps max combo damage.  I DID run carribean as my main for a long time to max sky coin thingies, but now get more then I need.

Athena is great for no brain quick runs up to 70 or 80.  Zorro/spartan/zergs get me to 100, though I have become rather found of ripper/butcher/high priest lately.  It's lit, especially with a demon armor build,

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: September 08, 2017, 09:25:59 PM

So, I am guessing you don't go for the Bloody Wolf Hidden Gumball untill you have all 5 pieces of the special Equipment maxed out and have done at least one or two Earth Portals. Jesus.  Just managed to squeak by the 50 floor boss, found Wolf's secret room, proceeded to get my ass handed to me by a 6k hp boss who did 1/3 of my HP every turn.....

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: September 09, 2017, 06:03:58 AM

I save a Timestill for him, assuming I have one by then, which I usually do. It lasts the full duration since he's not considered a boss, even though nether wicks don't work on him. The two machines behind him also double his HP and attack and take 3 gears each to disable.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: October 30, 2017, 07:44:06 AM

So my first try at maxing the Avalon manual failed.  I thinking running Athena was a mistake because with her minions you can't let the spawners spawn more dudes.  I came up like 7 short before I hit the floor 90 boss and gave up.  Also, the boss in this one is really tough, any tips on him?  Stunning him with the cannon sorta works but if it fails on the higher bosses you take a ton of damage.

I think for my second run I need to get far plane ranger sooner and max the helm sooner.  Also I was skipping the guys that ask you to build armor, but I think a few of the rewards there are free skills, so maybe it's worth the parts.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #194 on: October 30, 2017, 03:03:08 PM

So my first try at maxing the Avalon manual failed.  I thinking running Athena was a mistake because with her minions you can't let the spawners spawn more dudes.  I came up like 7 short before I hit the floor 90 boss and gave up.  Also, the boss in this one is really tough, any tips on him?  Stunning him with the cannon sorta works but if it fails on the higher bosses you take a ton of damage.

I think for my second run I need to get far plane ranger sooner and max the helm sooner.  Also I was skipping the guys that ask you to build armor, but I think a few of the rewards there are free skills, so maybe it's worth the parts.

Last try I fell short on gold widgets.  I would been fine with adventure/athena/pirate.  Two POEs and was only short 4.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: October 31, 2017, 12:00:39 AM

Athena is definitely a hindrance more than a help for that run. Zerg Queen would help you kill the bosses a lot more easily and not interfere with part gathering. I'd definitely do every extra hut thing for the chance at skills. Adventurer/Zerg Queen/Little May(Or pirate/swordsman/gladiator) is what I would run.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: November 27, 2017, 10:13:56 AM

Started a Peter run and got really unlucky.  No PoE until floor ~80.  Only found 3 burned parchments in total.  I'm sitting on floor 97 with all the keys and I think I'm done.  The floor 90 boss took everything I had.  Even if I hit 100 I think I'll just run out of steam.  I have tons of Timestills but not enough damage left.

I should probably just scrap the run and try again.  I've been trying to S/L 30 away a 3 ranged mob level on 97 and I'm tired of re-rolling it.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: November 27, 2017, 11:25:12 PM

That's rough. I know it's a huge pain in the ass to reset constantly on 65 for the keys, and having to pay for the potion again sucks too. If you're worried about it happening again you could always S/L for PoE on a boss floor although that means even more annoying S/Ling. I know I personally hate doing it unless I absolutely have to.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: November 28, 2017, 09:25:07 AM

Well I made it to 100 with some nether wicks and a bunch of S/L.  I have 4 Timestills, 5 Icicle, 10 stone skins, 6 hex, 29 fireballs, 16 holy bolts, 1 implosion, 1 burned parchment, 2 ears and ~600 mana.  No disrupting rays left unfortunately but a handful of EF.

Don't think it's gonna happen but I'll give it a few shots  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Been in this dungeon like a week so I need to get out and do something else.  At any rate it's better than doing Avalon Runs, that place is driving me mad.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: November 28, 2017, 04:40:57 PM

Using every spell I listed there wasn't even enough to get him out of ? ? ? health.  Ended the run, hopefully I get more burned parchments next time.  Also I'm thinking of running lord of elements instead of mage of destruction.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: December 16, 2017, 04:26:53 PM

Finally had time for a second peter run and it went super smooth this time.  Got an early PoE, 15 parchments and a fire book (OP).  Also went lord of elements which made a big difference.  Had piles and piles of spells left over when I was done.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Gumballs & Dungeons (Roguelike for Android and iOS)  
Jump to: