Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:45:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Battle Brothers - Get Rich or Die Trying 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battle Brothers - Get Rich or Die Trying  (Read 68897 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #105 on: April 06, 2017, 05:19:27 AM

He could actually still be a half ass pikeman...Give him adrenaline next level up.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: April 06, 2017, 06:55:33 AM

Or I could just let him run naked screaming into a bunch of Orcs and save a few hundred gold coins.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: April 06, 2017, 07:24:43 AM

Haven't found a pitchfork or hook blade thing? :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #108 on: April 06, 2017, 09:08:59 AM

As if the -15% Experience gain for being wildman isn't enough. That guy is a walking drain on your resources.  why so serious?
Just find more wildmen. Let him go hug a tree.
Their starting fatigue and health is insanely good to offset their background EXP penalty. I suggest taking student to gain a net 5% EXP gain if the wild recruit has a lot of potential.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: April 06, 2017, 10:08:17 AM

I sometimes get attached to my maimed mercs. Call me sentimental :)

This run I have a lot more dudes with 2H axes. As long as they have high initiative, you can work the fight right so they dont get too wrecked

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: April 08, 2017, 06:25:11 PM

But what sort of a life would he lead if we let him back on the streets!

He would probably have a good long career as a Batman villain.

Hic sunt dracones.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: April 10, 2017, 05:13:29 AM

Omg buy the 2H hammer and crush things. Or split shields if that's your thing.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: April 12, 2017, 05:55:46 AM

I'm particularly enjoying the Great-swords, I've one guy who has nearly two kills per battle with one. Theoretically, it's possible for him to kill six enemies in one turn. Although the most I've managed is three.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: April 12, 2017, 07:37:09 AM

I really like the Warbrand since the single target attack is 4AP compared to the Greatsword 6AP
But if you want pure single target killing power with no regards to armor - it's Greataxe for you.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: April 12, 2017, 07:49:42 AM

Indeed the 6ap means you can't move and swing twice. I must try out the warbrand for a while. I haven't gotten the greataxe yet.

I'm in the middle of the crisis event, do multiple crisis trigger or just the one?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 07:51:59 AM by Amarr HM »

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: April 12, 2017, 09:04:53 AM

Only one crisis can happen at any given time.
Once one is over, another will eventually happen.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: April 13, 2017, 04:39:22 AM

If you got a guy beefy enough, try out the 2H axe you get off Orc berserkers. That thing splits fuckers in half.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: April 13, 2017, 12:28:16 PM

I'll check it out. Be interesting to setup a guy with Lonewolf and Underdog send him into a pile of guys with the axe.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: April 14, 2017, 03:31:54 AM

Lone wolf's requirement is too high to be effective in most melees.
An isolated brother would simply have his morale broken and killed within turns of running into orcs.
Better to just give him Fast Adaptation, since every time he misses a target, he gains a to-hit accuracy.

What does it mean for AOE melee?
Should you have the opportunity to attack 3 opponents with one good AoE swing, the bonus stacks per missed target.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: April 14, 2017, 04:14:54 AM

I thought underdog would negate the effects of being surrounded?

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: April 14, 2017, 05:51:35 AM

I thought underdog would negate the effects of being surrounded?

'Any defense malus due to being surrounded by opponents no longer applies to this character.'

You won't suffer 'surrounded' debuff (increase toHit chance against you)
IIRC Resolve checks are not defense malus. So you're still scared shitless but at least the attackers won't get +15% Hit Chance when 4 of them gang up on you. :)

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: April 14, 2017, 09:45:12 AM

Ok good to know, probably semi useful for flankers. Would be nice to have a guide on the perk mechanics.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: April 14, 2017, 10:01:32 AM

I find fast adaptation bad on 1 a turn swingers. I like the 2H hammer cause its a 3 tile swing, so with proper dude management you sometimes pull it off. Killed 2 Brid raiders and maimed a 3rd last time I did. The rest of the dudes started fleeing. RAAAAAWRRRRR

Been fucking with nimble...its bad. You have to go sooooo light that you are scared to even get involved with him in most fights. Underdog is an awesome feat. I really like my dagger specialized high stam tank guy. Thinking my next run may be daggers and cleavers. Quality daggers dont drop much. Rondel daggers can usually be found in weaponsmiths, ended up finding a named one thats not really much better in a shop.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: April 14, 2017, 11:49:22 AM

Yeh nimble is highly specialized, my archers tend to wear really light armor so it's useful enough for them, gives a 56-64% glancing hit chance which isn't too bad. I think most of the special armor is heavy duty, be nice to have some high end light armor, have never seen any on the market.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: April 14, 2017, 05:22:28 PM

Nimble is a really bad deal compared to Battleforged.
You have to pick either one for late game surival perk. And Battleforged is a less-random and safer option.

schild
Administrator

Reply #125 on: May 12, 2017, 04:02:13 PM

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: May 17, 2017, 12:56:25 PM

Shouldn't click that from work as the game is designed with "one handed gameplay" in mind...

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Battle Brothers - Get Rich or Die Trying  
Jump to: