Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:52:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Travelers (Netflix) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Travelers (Netflix)  (Read 3281 times)
Raguel
Terracotta Army

on: January 07, 2017, 05:08:58 PM

Anyone else watch this? It's basically about a group of time travelers trying to undue the events that led to their crappy future. It's a good series IMO, but the finale angered me.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 07:37:37 AM

I watched and enjoyed it. Part of why I think I liked it was not having any expectations after just stumbling across it on Netflix. Couldn't help but spend half the show thinking a tactical RPG based in the same world would be great, what with the five person squad set up.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:29:47 PM

I watched and enjoyed it. Part of why I think I liked it was not having any expectations after just stumbling across it on Netflix. Couldn't help but spend half the show thinking a tactical RPG based in the same world would be great, what with the five person squad set up.

Kinda would be like eclipse phase in some ways. Here is your ego with your memories and known skills and inject it into whatever body happens to be on hand in the vacinity of where/when you need to be.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 05:34:06 PM

It was a mix of good and bad... I finished the season, but might not return for a season 2.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 11:29:02 PM

I enjoyed this too.

At first I was like "what a thin plot device... film people doing everyday things and say they are inhabited by people from the future". Also at first, I was thinking "how can I like these people when I don't even know who they really are, and they've stolen other people's bodies?" But then it started to go places, and I was hooked. I didn't even mind the ending that much.

It had a lot in common with Continuum. They even had the actor Ian Tracey who played Jason Sadler on Continuum, and I thought he would turn out to be something more than just the junkie's dodgy lawyer, but his role went nowhere.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 06:41:00 PM

Finished season 3 earlier this week. After 2 cliffhanger season ending episodes, I thought I was ready for this one. Turns out I wasn't. Having said that I can't think of a better way to end the season and
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 09:24:58 AM

I've watched all three seasons.  This goes down as yet another Syfy-esque series that just missed being a good show (like Dark Matter, Continuum).  It is so Syfy-esque I tried to find it on Syfy when I heard it was coming back.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 12:27:42 PM

I feel like they squander the excellent premise more and more. I started watching season 3, but s2 had gotten so convoluted I was lost and it didn't do anything to pull me back, so I've bailed for now.

Sucks, because I really liked it at least a ways into s2.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Travelers (Netflix)  
Jump to: