Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2017  (Read 67615 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 06:44:29 AM

Jets, Jaguars, Bengals (or Browns), Titans, Texans and Chargers.

Name 6 teams you'd cut from the NFL to hopefully improve the product on the field. Holy fuck that was bad.

This weekend's games (outside of the Pats-Texans) actually look pretty good though I'll admit.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 07:41:27 AM

Fiancee: "The Giants...is that the team with two players? The guy with the face?" In her estimate, the Giants = Eli and OB. The defense did show up for a while until they got run down. At least they made a game of it before getting crushed, so my MVP of Wild Card weekend goes to the Giant's D for at least making a relatively entertaining half.

I had the Steelers game on while drawing and  why so serious? AB insta score back to back  why so serious?
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 10:04:03 AM

I am honestly shocked that Eli couldn't exploit the GB secondary. Cruz and Beck and a suspect secondary should have been lights out. Not to mention that first half where Rodgers had 5-8 seconds in the pocket to throw with the G-men's DL? Wow... Good on GB's OL but I have to say, usually if a QB has 8 seconds to dick around before tossing it, there is some holding going on somewhere. I could argue a few of those long pockets there was, but overall the Giants just didn't get it done. Great OL play and having Rodgers without Nelson in the second half, kudos.

So now we have what?

GB @ Dallas
Pitt @ KC
Houston @ NE
SEA @ Atlanta

I'm taking:

Cowboys
Steelers (/wrists)
NE
ATL

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: January 09, 2017, 10:15:53 AM

Yeah, I'm afraid I agree with you.

Cowboys
Steelers
NE
ATL

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 09, 2017, 11:20:52 AM

Yep, I'm on board with that, too. And I have an irrational dislike of Atlanta.

Dallas
Pitts
NE
Atlanta

I would enjoy a Pats/Cowboys bowl. Either our boys win or the rookie dream team gets a storybook ending to their season.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 09, 2017, 12:36:22 PM

Green Bay over Dallas
Pittsburgh over Kansas City
New England over Houston
Seattle over Atlanta

Yes, picking 3 out of 4 road teams.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #41 on: January 09, 2017, 01:51:26 PM

Dallas
Pittsburgh
New England
Atlanta
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 09, 2017, 01:57:26 PM

New England
Dallas
Seattle (I don't trust Atlanta)
Pittsburgh

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 09, 2017, 10:06:46 PM

New England
Green Bay
Seattle
KC

Going against the grain here, mainly because how fucking smart will I look if I am actually right?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 06:42:00 AM

New England
Dallas
Atlanta
KC

Pittsburgh's gonna have a reverse week from last one mostly because their special teams suck right now (you just know Hill is gonna run at least one return in), Ben is shaky on the road anyway and now has an ankle to worry about. Can't run as much again when you're down.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #45 on: January 11, 2017, 06:54:19 AM

Odell Beckham has and will continued to be incredibly overrated by the media because he made a great 1-handed catch. He gets more targets than any receiver in the league next to Mike Evans, and yet he's 35th in average catch yards. And he's 5th in TDs.

People put him up as one of the best receivers in the league. I think he's not good enough to carry Julio Jones' jockstrap.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 11, 2017, 07:05:24 AM

I see what you're saying, but being 5th in TDs is nothing to sneeze at.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #47 on: January 11, 2017, 07:22:39 AM

Green Bay
Pitt
New England
and....   ..... .....  Atlanta

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #48 on: January 11, 2017, 07:34:17 AM

Odell Beckham has and will continued to be incredibly overrated by the media because he made a great 1-handed catch. He gets more targets than any receiver in the league next to Mike Evans, and yet he's 35th in average catch yards. And he's 5th in TDs.

To be fair to ODB, the offense he is playing on is really not conducive to average catch yards, as they throw a shitton of high percentage, low yardage throws. Also, Ben MacAdoo has never met a fade route he didn't want to marry once he reaches the red zone. The Giants were awful in the red zone because they have no running game or offensive line. He was targeted 169 times, made 101 receptions and only had 6 drops (which does put him 9th highest in drops this season). By comparison, Julio Jones had 129 targets, 83 receptions and only 3 drops.

No, ODB is no Julio Jones but there's not really many players who are. He's still the best offensive player on the Giants, hands down.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #49 on: January 11, 2017, 07:38:11 AM

I see what you're saying, but being 5th in TDs is nothing to sneeze at.

While I agree, it's partly because the Giants have ZERO running game in the red zone. They had 6 rushing TDs all year. That's crazy. Meanwhile they just were tossing it around in the red zone and going to either OBJ or Sterling Shepard.

And because of that they were 26th in points in the league. Their offense was awful. Like worse than Jacksonville awful. And OBJ is touted as the best in the league WR which is freaking laughable. He's a good receiver, but hardly the best. He just gets tons of action because the Giants have limited options.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #50 on: January 11, 2017, 07:39:28 AM

Atlanta
Dallas
Pitt
NE

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #51 on: January 11, 2017, 09:03:08 AM

On a better offense, OBJ is one of the best receivers in the league. The league is full of guys with big numbers that are not that good because it is a passing league.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 15, 2017, 05:05:04 PM

DAL vs ATL. Is the over 100?

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 15, 2017, 05:12:08 PM

Wow.
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 15, 2017, 05:14:26 PM

Wow.
^^this

That was pretty great. Cook's catch was amazeballs.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #55 on: January 15, 2017, 08:12:23 PM

FUCK YOU, JERRY JONES!!!!!!  awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

Also, the refs in that GB/Dallas game were fucking awful. They either lack a basic understanding of defensive holding and pass interference, or just didn't care.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #56 on: January 15, 2017, 08:35:51 PM

Bleh, is there a worse choice than having to choose between the Patriots and the Steelers?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #57 on: January 15, 2017, 08:41:30 PM

The Patriots and the Yankees?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #58 on: January 15, 2017, 09:02:19 PM

Just root for the Packers.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #59 on: January 15, 2017, 10:19:01 PM

Falcons aren't aggressively loathsome either, so NFC it is I guess.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #60 on: January 16, 2017, 07:26:47 AM

When did the Steelers become bad guys, anyway?  Asking as a fan.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #61 on: January 16, 2017, 07:29:21 AM

Honestly? Pretty much always. The whole Rapeslethsburger thing didn't help.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: January 16, 2017, 08:49:31 AM

Well, I've learned the fiancee is the nasty competitive one. During the Pack/Cowboys game I was ok with either winning (slightly favoring the Cowboys because it's been fun watching the 2 rookies dominate). She went into full Packer fan mode, it was actually kinda ugly.

Pretty happy about the Steelers win because my boss is a huge Steelers fan and said she was rooting for them to lose so they wouldn't have to lose against the Patriots next week. So if they win, it's a great week at work and if they lose, I get to bust her chops for a year. Win/win!
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 16, 2017, 01:54:27 PM

Falcons aren't aggressively loathsome either, so NFC it is I guess.

Outside of already being a fan there is no reason a fan should NOT be supporting the Falcons now. The Pats, Steelers and Green Bay? Fuuuuuuuck that (and I'm a Pats fan).

Over/Under on GB - ATL opened at like 60 the highest ever for a playoff (or maybe championship) game.

Looking forward to Pats/Steelers. Big Ben vs Brady. They haven't matched up in the playoffs since 2004 (when Ben was a rookie) so Pittsburgh can say they earned it if they can get through to the SB. Pats will need to play way better than they did vs Houston but I think should win. Rodgers vs Brady in the SB would also be awesome.

Interesting that the offenses are winning over the defenses this year. Pats have the best defense left however they haven't played a decent QB since a loss vs Seattle.
Predictions:

Pats
Atl

Pats to win SB, 34-24.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 16, 2017, 02:08:33 PM

Yeah, Pats to win. Although there's still time for Brady to get hit by a dildo truck and die choking on a rubber cock.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 16, 2017, 02:30:27 PM

Fuck it all...

Pittsburgh over NE
Atlanta over Green Bay

because betting against GB is the easiest way to get them to the SB

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #66 on: January 16, 2017, 02:32:17 PM

My faith in the Green Bay defense is shaky but I'm going out on a limb here and saying A-A-Ron can save us.  why so serious?

GB
Pats

Super Bowl Winner - GREEN BAY MOTHERFUCKERS

As long as I'm going homer, I may as well go all the way. It's the matchup I want to see.

Also, you should hate Atlanta because it's asshole owner is bilking taxpayers out of money just to get his giant robot spinchter stadium built only 20 years after his perfectly acceptable Georgia Dome was built. Fuck Arthur Blank.

Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 16, 2017, 02:35:01 PM

My faith in the Green Bay defense is shaky but I'm going out on a limb here and saying A-A-Ron can save us.  why so serious?

Yeah seriously. That suspect secondary hasn't really had as big an effect as I thought when this dance started. Crazy days to a shitty season.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #68 on: January 16, 2017, 02:48:39 PM

Green Bay
New England
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: January 17, 2017, 06:48:22 AM

Good article on how the defenses left kinda suck but the offenses are damn good. Pats haven't played a good quarterback, but the Steelers really haven't either, unless you count Eli Manning? Green Bay and Atlanta's defenses are bad but it hasn't matter cause they score so many points. Who the fuck knows. Should be fun.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2017  
Jump to: