Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2017  (Read 67616 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

on: January 03, 2017, 07:24:58 AM

Let's get this shit show started (seriously how many teams are limping into this thing?):

AFC:

Byes: Kansas City, New England

Oakland at Houston

Miami at Pittsburgh

NFC:

Byes: Dallas, Atlanta

Detroit at Seattle

NYG at Green Bay

(Can I just tell you that the entire New England area is terrified at the prospect of playing the Giants in the Superbowl)

Predictions:

WC:

Oakland
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Green Bay

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 07:40:17 AM

Wild Card Round:

Oakland (Tom Savage vs. Mike McGloin maybe? ick)
Pittsburgh (Miami's defense is terrible and Pittsburgh's offense is pretty good most days)
Seattle (Detroit is not going to be able to score against that defense outdoors in Seattle)
Green Bay (Yep, I'm a homer - I actually don't think they can beat that defense but who the fuck knows with Green Bay this year)

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 07:51:10 AM

Wild Card Round:

Oakland (Tom Savage vs. Mike McGloin maybe? ick)

I feel like this game ends 7-0 with the score being a Khalil Mack pick 6.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 07:58:41 AM

I'd take the over on the number of pick sixes in the game being 2.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 08:31:11 AM

Houston
Seattle
Pittsburgh
NYG

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 09:09:29 AM

Houston

Pittsburg

Detroit

Green Bay
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 09:16:42 AM

uh... Houston?
Pitt
Seattle
Green Bay

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 12:18:24 PM

Oakland - this would've been a great game with healthy QBs, meh
Pittsburgh - if they can show up on gameday ready to play
Seattle - Not in their house
GB - Hopefully lots of Eli face
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 03:43:31 PM

Houston
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Green Bay

Definitely worried about the Seahawks. They don't look right.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 04:12:03 PM

Well, yeah, they're all broken. Ton of shitty injuries on all the teams this year.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 06:40:43 AM

Agreed, I'm interested in the faith people have in Houston.
If they do beat Oakland, the game against the Pats will be hilllllarious.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 02:06:52 PM

Houston over Oakland
Pittsburgh over Miami
Detroit over Seattle
Green Bay over NYG

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 02:18:22 PM

Houston over Oakland
Pittsburgh over Miami
Detroit over Seattle
Green Bay over NYG

Same

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 03:31:19 PM

Houston
Pitt
Green Bay
Seattle

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 09:59:45 AM

It's clearly the "who gets to get destroyed in round 2 bowl"

I only picked Houston because I think Brock is probably more capable than a third string rookie with half a game experience.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 10:33:47 AM

Yah I hear that on Brock vs. Cook. My arguments are as follows:

1. Brock is fucking horrible.
2. Houston plays in the AFC South
3. Oakland plays in the AFC West
4. Houston has one of the worst DVOA's (Football Outsider, look it up etc) for a playoff team ever (-21%)

Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 11:43:57 AM

It's clearly the "who gets to get destroyed in round 2 bowl"

I only picked Houston because I think Brock is probably more capable than a third string rookie with half a game experience.

Yes but... Brock is horrible and has a lot of film. Cook is a third string journeyman in the making, but no one has a clue how he plays. Seemed to serve Wentz up until the point defenses figured out his game. this might get Cook a win out of this game.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 11:45:41 AM

The only reason Houston is in the playoffs is because they are in the AFC South. And they still almost lost out of that to the goddamn Titans. Just as a team, they are demonstrably worse than the Raiders regardless of who is QB for Oakland. Their defense is good enough, however, to beat up on a 3rd string QB so it remains to be seen whether they can luck into a win or not. I still think the Raiders are a better team with a playoff experienced coach who can handle it better than the pile of mashed potatoes that is Bill O'Brien. Also, both Brock and Savage are just bad QB's.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 11:53:20 AM

Brandon Weeden is backing up Brock. Oh pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease let Brock get hurt.  awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 11:59:05 AM

Oh Dear God. It's like a yawning abyss of suck.

ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 03:47:51 PM

Oakland
Pittsburgh
Seattle (our kicker misses another PAT and field goal, guaranteed)
Green Bay
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 10:21:14 PM

Yeah, Hauschka has the serious shanks this year.  Gone from being one of the best to a guy who may be lucky to hold onto his job next year.

Anyway:

Oakland
Pittsburgh
Seattle
GB

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 09:22:55 AM

The only reason Houston is in the playoffs is because they are in the AFC South. And they still almost lost out of that to the goddamn Titans. Just as a team, they are demonstrably worse than the Raiders regardless of who is QB for Oakland. Their defense is good enough, however, to beat up on a 3rd string QB so it remains to be seen whether they can luck into a win or not. I still think the Raiders are a better team with a playoff experienced coach who can handle it better than the pile of mashed potatoes that is Bill O'Brien. Also, both Brock and Savage are just bad QB's.

This is all true.

But Oakland seems to be in free-fall.

To me, game is a toss-up with teams going nowhere after this weekend.

But Houston has home-field advantage and the better QB (relatively speaking).

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 10:39:39 PM

Houston
Pittsburgh
Green Bay
Seattle
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #24 on: January 07, 2017, 12:40:04 AM

Oakland
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Nu Yoik

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 01:01:36 PM

Houston
Seattle
Pittsburgh
Green Bay

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 04:01:48 PM

This Oakland/Houston game is utter shit. Jesus... I knew it would not be great, but holy fuck.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 05:55:55 PM

This Oakland/Houston game is utter shit. Jesus... I knew it would not be great, but holy fuck.

I didn't see the game (lucky me) but it must have been truly awful for a Brown's fan to proclaim it to be utter shit. awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 09:08:47 PM

Yeah, it was utter shit. The Raiders had nothing with this Cook twit as their QB and Osweiler had like one good drive. The rest was just fucking terrible. The Raiders receivers couldn't catch what passes came their way and most of the passes were so telegraphed by the QB that the Raiders corners just jumped the shit out of the routes. Also, it's 3rd down and 10, let's throw a bubble screen even though it hasn't worked the last 17 times I've tried it (and that was on both teams). I'm not sure McGloin would have done better for the Raiders (he was available supposedly) but he can't have done much worse.

As for Detroit, Stafford was fucking awful. He clearly can't throw shit accurately and yet I'm not sure the backup would have been any better. Also, despite only being down 4 points, they completely abandoned the running game in the second half again. The Detroit defensive line also just got utterly blown away by what I was led to believe was a shitty Seahawks O line. The score was close for much of the game but it never really looked like Detroit was going to be competitive.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 01:01:37 AM

It was the Lions. Our O line will show up for the next game, you watch.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 06:13:31 PM

Christ, that weekend sucked.  Were any of those games fun?

Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 08, 2017, 06:30:44 PM

not in the least.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 06:39:02 PM

It was 6 bad teams and 2 kind of good teams playing some terrible football. I think I fell asleep at some point in every game.

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 08, 2017, 06:48:47 PM

I've long liked Eli at QB for the Giants, but he just can't do it with this offensive line. It's part him, part them. The guy can't move enough to survive without top tier blocking, and the Giants o-line this year has been AT BEST mediocre and often outright terrible. The Giants got a good defense for the money they paid, but without an offensive line worth a damn, they don't have long term prospects - and Eli is on his way out.

The giants went 11-5 scoring under 20 points per game this year. Their defense helped them win the close games this year, but you've got to put the ball in the endzone a lot more often. You've got talented receivers, but that doesn't count for enough if Eli can't get them the ball.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 08:44:54 PM

Eli is not good enough to win with no running game and no offensive line. He just throws too many bad passes when under pressure. That said, his receivers let him down today. Odell Beckham Jr. just laid a huge egg - 3 drops and what he did catch was a few nothing balls. When your whole game plan is centered around getting him the ball, he's got to play better than that. Especially when you consider HOW FUCKING BAD the entire set of trash heap street free agents the Packers' cornerbacks are. They are terrible.

Also, I've come to realize that Aaron Rodgers and that amazing O line is the only reason Mike McCarthy is so successful. McCarthy's entire game plan seems to be street football scramble drills. Nobody should be able to block good defensive lines for as long as the Packers are able to, and if that ever breaks down, Aaron Rodgers is going to get killed. They need to keep doing the quick hitting slants and 3-step drop passing game to really be effective but I'm sure they'll spend the 1st quarter of the Cowboys game doing the same ineffective shit they did this 1st quarter.

Miami's defense is trash. The Steelers offense is insane. Also, that guy Dupree? He should have been ejected for that hit on Matt Moore. Until the NFL starts tossing guys for clear targeting hits like that, they will never be able to be taken seriously when they say they are for "player safety." Because that was some goddamn bullshit.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2017  
Jump to: