Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:39:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr  (Read 7501 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

on: December 16, 2016, 09:47:11 PM

New ARPG set in the Warhammer 40K universe from the company behind the Van Helsing series being released in 2017 (hopefully).  It apparently has open world features with randomly generated maps and some sort of pvp planned.  If everything goes well, this could be fantastic but I'm not holding my breath because...it's a Warhammer 40k game. awesome, for real

https://neocoregames.com/en/games/warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwE24fwZAOQ

Edit by Trippy: fixed link
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 05:55:24 PM by Trippy »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 11:05:19 AM

Good Christ, what 40k fan is asking for any of this shit?

Turn-based, online PVP version of the fucking miniatures game with customizable armies. That's all the fuck any of us want. Give us that and print money hats. Otherwise, fuck off.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 11:13:06 AM

Not true.  I'd take a good inquisitor game, but only if Dan Abnett is directly involved.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 11:18:21 AM

Not true.  I'd take a good inquisitor game, but only if Dan Abnett is directly involved.

There's at least one based on his stuff, but the reviews have been keeping me away

http://store.steampowered.com/app/373920/
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 11:25:20 AM

From what I remember, it's only based on his books and he wasn't involved with the game directly, but I can't remember for sure and the internet isn't coughing up the info right now for me.  That said, I did use the word "good".
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 03:43:14 PM

FYI, you can play an alpha build now if you purchase the game on the Neocore website.  Looks fairly decent so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVtEZAi3Wg
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 06:07:38 PM

That looks pretty terrible. Or at least, it doesn't feel like an ARPG at all -- just standing there trading shots.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 09:37:01 PM

Good Christ, what 40k fan is asking for any of this shit?

Turn-based, online PVP version of the fucking miniatures game with customizable armies. That's all the fuck any of us want. Give us that and print money hats. Otherwise, fuck off.
The money is in the plastic, GW doesn't give a shit about the game.

Now...if they had digital units priced the same as the plastic, then GW would get on board, I'd bet. If you're not paying a grand to sit at the table, it's not going to happen.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 01:50:24 AM

What the world needs is a 40k crpg using Infinity Engine.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 07:44:05 AM

Now...if they had digital units priced the same as the plastic, then GW would get on board, I'd bet. If you're not paying a grand to sit at the table, it's not going to happen.

That's the thing that infuriates me - GW very likely COULD price digital shit at close to the costs of their physical products and still sell, especially if the engine was flexible enough that you could add modular pieces to the whole shebang. Sell additional maps, hell sell additional terrain pieces that you add to maps at the beginning of fights similar to the way you place terrain in games. Sell paint schemes for armies, sell decals, sell housing/bases that you decorate that have no intrinsic, in-game value. It's not like GW customers don't already spend FUCKTONS on their physical armies. Digital customers would spend just as much over time. I've been playing League of Legends for 4-5 years now, I own every single champ and a fuckton of skins. I've probably sunk close to the cost of a GW army into that F2P game over time.

It absolutely infuriates me how idiotic and myopic the GW brain trust is about digital. It's almost as bad as the idiocy they displayed in blowing up the WFB universe and rebooting it with Age of Sigmar.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 09:13:51 AM

That's the thing that infuriates me - GW very likely COULD price digital shit at close to the costs of their physical products and still sell, especially if the engine was flexible enough that you could add modular pieces to the whole shebang. Sell additional maps, hell sell additional terrain pieces that you add to maps at the beginning of fights similar to the way you place terrain in games. Sell paint schemes for armies, sell decals, sell housing/bases that you decorate that have no intrinsic, in-game value. It's not like GW customers don't already spend FUCKTONS on their physical armies. Digital customers would spend just as much over time. I've been playing League of Legends for 4-5 years now, I own every single champ and a fuckton of skins. I've probably sunk close to the cost of a GW army into that F2P game over time.

It absolutely infuriates me how idiotic and myopic the GW brain trust is about digital. It's almost as bad as the idiocy they displayed in blowing up the WFB universe and rebooting it with Age of Sigmar.

GW probably has the same mentality as WotC does about Magic.  They still see the old physical products as their bread and butter and don't want to risk it by fully embracing online/digital.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 10:22:56 AM

I've often heard that GW considers themselves more of a model company than a gaming company; viewed through that lens, a lot of their decisions make more sense.

I know I certainly would have paid a shitload for a digital WHFB, including buying individual models at retail prices, before they ruined it with AoS.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 10:57:45 AM

This is out today. So far I am enjoying it.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 12:43:54 PM

And it's down.

I am the .00000001428%
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 01:10:12 PM

Ooh, online-only from a small developer?  Risky!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 02:26:21 PM

And it's back, but there was another wipe lol.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr  
Jump to: