Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition is free at GoG until 03 Dec. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition is free at GoG until 03 Dec.  (Read 2094 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

on: December 01, 2016, 09:24:14 PM

Good Old Games is giving away NWN for free until 03 Dec.  I know a lot of people played the hell out of it years ago so if you've lost your discs ( Get off my lawn!) or just want a more convenient copy to own, now's your chance.

https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 04:20:42 PM

I remember NWN being hyped as a "game creator anyone can use" and then finding out it actually needed you to know how to code,  as well as the campaign being hyped as being better than BG2. I remember being disappointed, but still completed it.

but i can't remember a single thing about the story, my character, any of the maps or locations, the ending, NPCs, anything. Similary with NWN2.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:22:22 PM by penfold »
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 05:33:52 PM

NWN was great. I was big into the creator side of it and helped run a PW server for a while (and played a lot on another too). Single player was fine, but not the best. I have a feeling its painful to play mechanically in this day and age.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 05:43:56 PM

I loved NWN, but don't think I ever finished the main story. I did play both expansions coop with a buddy though.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 09:20:23 PM

I was SO hyped for the creator toolset, and spent the first 3-4 months after release trying to get it to build something worthwhile without shitting itself every 5 minutes and corrupting the save file of all the work I'd just done. By the time they unfucked it, I'd given up as the single player game was really underwhelming.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 09:50:03 PM

Good Old Games is giving away NWN for free until 03 Dec.  I know a lot of people played the hell out of it years ago so if you've lost your discs ( Get off my lawn!) or just want a more convenient copy to own, now's your chance.

https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition
Thank ye.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition is free at GoG until 03 Dec.  
Jump to: