Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:02:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Mass Effect Andromeda 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect Andromeda  (Read 63666 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #245 on: April 19, 2017, 07:21:32 AM

They patched that issue out when they updated the ending. It was quicker to get the best ending by doing a bit of MP, but not needed.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #246 on: April 19, 2017, 07:27:53 AM

You didn't need to play that much MP to get enough points (multiplier) to get the "best" ending*. Also I'm not sure why you are complaining about having the play the best part of the game.

* original game without exntended cut, expansions and apps
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #247 on: April 19, 2017, 07:38:38 AM

Literally hours was actually about 30 minutes for six games you didn't even need to win. I also second the notion that MP was probably the best aspect of 3. I think the game is pretty bad but I put hundreds of hours into the MP.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #248 on: April 19, 2017, 09:53:13 AM

Yeah, it wasn't that you had to play the multiplayer (because I didn't play any MP). It was that the endings you got all sucked monkey balls.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: April 19, 2017, 10:25:43 AM

Yeah fair enough :)

Hic sunt dracones.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #250 on: April 20, 2017, 11:03:53 AM

Didn't read thread.  Does this game suck?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #251 on: April 20, 2017, 11:43:32 AM

It's "checking off boxes" the game. It doesn't suck, but it's so bland it may as well.

I keep playing it and thinking I should be doing more with my life.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: April 20, 2017, 02:08:00 PM

At $90 bucks Canadian I'm definitely waiting until it's fully patched and worth playing before I take the plunge.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #253 on: May 11, 2017, 11:56:17 AM

In case you're wondering how well Andromeda went over:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/10/15616726/bioware-montreal-restructuring-mass-effect-on-hold

At least some of the team at BioWare Montreal, the studio behind Mass Effect: Andromeda, is being retasked to other projects. Kotaku reports, citing anonymous sources, that the studio is being “scaled down” and that the Mass Effect franchise is going on “hiatus.” Reached for comment, studio director Yanick Roy spun things somewhat differently.

“Our teams at BioWare and across EA put in tremendous effort bringing Mass Effect: Andromeda to players around the world,” Roy said in a statement provided to Polygon. “Even as BioWare continues to focus on the Mass Effect: Andromeda community and live service, we are constantly looking at how we're prepared for the next experiences we will create.”

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: May 11, 2017, 01:46:52 PM

Though doesn't EA do this to every studio it takes over? It buys them for an IP, starves them of resources while they produce the next version of the IP, then kills the studio because it's disappointed with the outcome.
Jade Falcon
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: May 12, 2017, 06:55:27 AM

EA always seems more ham fisted about these scaling back after launch but isn't this pretty much business as usual after a product launches?  Drop the production team back to support and move everyone else to other things.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: May 12, 2017, 08:00:35 AM

They'd be much more popular if they held back from doing that for a few months longer when they release a AAA title as flawed as Andromeda.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: May 12, 2017, 08:28:26 AM

Though doesn't EA do this to every studio it takes over? It buys them for an IP, starves them of resources while they produce the next version of the IP, then kills the studio because it's disappointed with the outcome.

Nah, as shitty as EA are this isn't on them at all. After the disaster that was ME3s ending (which was entirely on Bioware's writing), EA gave them funding for the free additional ending and multiple DLCs. Bioware spent *5* years in development on this game with EA funding them, and they had this mess to show for it. If I were in EAs shoes I'd be making the same decision, which is hard to say as a diehard ME fan. Bioware fucked up with this game and the blame is on them - they apparently wasted at least a year proto-typing a No Man's Sky style of game before scrapping all of that.

Listening to vocal minority of fans who wanted ME1 back, instead of the general gaming public that still thinks ME2 was the best game in the series, was a huge mistake for Bioware I think.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #258 on: May 17, 2017, 07:17:19 AM

50% off at GMG right now. That was quick.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: May 17, 2017, 08:45:11 AM

Huh. I guess it's an American only sale. I really need to get a VPN account.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #260 on: May 17, 2017, 09:20:17 AM

Email code tied to the account.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: May 19, 2017, 04:58:07 PM

Nah, as shitty as EA are this isn't on them at all. After the disaster that was ME3s ending (which was entirely on Bioware's writing), EA gave them funding for the free additional ending and multiple DLCs. Bioware spent *5* years in development on this game with EA funding them, and they had this mess to show for it. If I were in EAs shoes I'd be making the same decision, which is hard to say as a diehard ME fan. Bioware fucked up with this game and the blame is on them - they apparently wasted at least a year proto-typing a No Man's Sky style of game before scrapping all of that.

Listening to vocal minority of fans who wanted ME1 back, instead of the general gaming public that still thinks ME2 was the best game in the series, was a huge mistake for Bioware I think.

Every current and former Bioware employee I've seen post in places and talked to myself have always said EA was very hands-off with pretty much anything Bioware did. Signs point to Bioware Montreal biting off more than they could chew in a fit of hubris, and EA gave them enough rope to hang themselves.

About the only thing I could potentially see laying at the feet of EA themselves is if they mandated Frostbite as the engine.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: May 20, 2017, 03:17:10 AM

Frostbyte is mandated by EA, so there's that. But on the other hand, I think Dragon Age actually looks better most of the time and that's a cross gen game from 3 years ago. It really does feel like Bioware Montreal were just not up to the task of making a full game - they produced some sub-par DLC for the original series, plus the original fantastic ME3 Multiplayerr, and then were allowed to have a go at a full scale game for god knows what reason.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #263 on: June 25, 2017, 07:12:50 AM

Speaking of which, I'm finally playing through ME3. I played a bit of the MP at launch, but for whatever reason drifted away from the SP game.

It's not bad, but I'm doing this after patches and DLC. I even got a few MP matches in, which is kind of funny. Luckily, there's also an online app which allows me to plus up the war readiness rating.

Surprisingly, the graphics (from a 2012 game) don't seem bad, playing at max settings. We'll see how disgusted I am with the ending.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: June 25, 2017, 08:20:43 AM

It's really not a bad game. Not quite as good as ME2 but a lot better than Andromeda. I'm playing Andromeda now and I honestly don't give a shit about any of the companions. Horrible writing and not what I expect from a Bioware game at all. Jesus, the characters in Baldur's Gate are better and more likeable.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: June 25, 2017, 09:38:15 AM

If you like the whole Krogan shtick, Drack's loyalty mission is pretty awesome.  But other than that, yeah, the companions range from 'meh' to downright unlikable.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #266 on: August 01, 2017, 03:45:05 PM

And EA sticks the boot in. We're done here.

http://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-montreal-is-being-merged-into-ea-motive/

BioWare Montreal was relegated to a "support studio" role back in May, following the tepid reaction to Mass Effect: Andromeda, a reduction in status that saw a number of its employees moved to the also-Montreal-based EA Motive. During a conference call earlier this month, however, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen revealed something deeper was going on when he said that the entire studio had actually been moved into Motive's offices.

"We're building out a new studio in Montreal, as we've told everyone. And we've hired over 100 people into that studio that are brand-new to EA. This is to build the new IP around Jade Raymond's team that she's been building," Jorgensen said. "It's a wonderful new addition to our team. And we brought our BioWare Montreal team into that same facility. So they now all sit in one new studio together."

And if you get the feeling that maintaining two studios in one building isn't a situation that's likely to last—especially when one of them has recently been downgraded to a supporting role—well, you're on to something. EA confirmed in a statement sent to Techraptor that BioWare Montreal is being folded entirely into Motive.

"The teams in EA Worldwide Studios are packed with talent, and more than ever, we’re driving collaboration between studios on key projects. With multiple major projects in development in Montreal, we are merging BioWare Montreal with Motive Studios. This is an ongoing process, but there are many exciting roles and opportunities for everyone on the team," EA said.

"BioWare continues its work on new titles – including the highly-anticipated game, Anthem. What’s coming next for BioWare is very exciting, and we’re thrilled to have Casey Hudson returning to lead the studios in Edmonton and Austin.”

EA Motive, founded by former Assassin's Creed producer Jade Raymond, is currently working on Star Wars Battlefront 2, as well as an untitled Star Wars project being developed in conjunction with Visceral.
It's not really "everyone's fired!" but the studio is effectively no more.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #267 on: August 19, 2017, 04:24:50 PM

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: August 19, 2017, 06:44:50 PM

It's for the best. Game was a mess in so many ways. Even the multiplayer was a step down from ME3, which is sad considering these were the guys who did the ME3 multiplayer. Bioware will be in serious trouble if Anthem and DA 4 don't do well (personally I have zero interest in either; DA:I killed any interest I had in that franchise and Anthem's game style has no appeal to me).
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: August 24, 2017, 09:23:32 AM

It's for the best. Game was a mess in so many ways. Even the multiplayer was a step down from ME3, which is sad considering these were the guys who did the ME3 multiplayer. Bioware will be in serious trouble if Anthem and DA 4 don't do well (personally I have zero interest in either; DA:I killed any interest I had in that franchise and Anthem's game style has no appeal to me).

I enjoyed the multiplayer but I was having a LOT more rubber banding issues in it than I ever did on ME3 which made for some frustrations.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: September 11, 2017, 05:48:03 PM

Multiplayer....ugh.

Can't remap powers was a major PITA that was trivially solveable. (Doubly so because, as best I can remember, the same power would be mapped to different buttons on different classes.).
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #271 on: September 12, 2017, 08:11:44 AM

I had tremendous fun in DA:I multiplayer.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Mass Effect Andromeda  
Jump to: