Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2017, 06:45:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stranger Things 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stranger Things  (Read 3664 times)
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 01, 2016, 03:55:16 PM

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 30, 2016, 11:56:25 AM

Yeah yeah late to the party but I just talked the wife into watching this, and we both ended up loving it. Great on nearly all fronts, but as this is the internet I'm going to spend the bulk of the post bitching about something.

Why, after shooting the show so obviously in middle and north Georgia, did they set it in Indiana? I mean, even though the town of Hawkings was made up, they still used local town and place names to the region (Cartersville, Jonesboro, the Etowah River). It's like when they scripted it they were planning to keep it set on location, but then changed plans at the last minute. Early on the show I even paid them the compliment of, even though it was set in the South, not overdoing the accents. Then I finally noticed an Indiana license plate, so compliment withdrawn!

But okay, other than that, some solid "nostalgia done right."
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 07:12:32 PM

I'm SO in love with this (watching Ep. 4). I could listen to that main theme and the '80s synth background tunes all day.

"Nostalgia masterfully done right". It's like I'm suddenly binge-watching ET, Neverending Story, Navigator, DARYL, Labyrinth, The Goonies all over again with a sprinkle of Carpenter on it. Oh, and during the "high school moments", there is some some vague (and not so vague) "Nightmare on Elm Street" atmosphere (Nancyyy!!!) And I like it  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Love Letters

Just found this. Holy....  Heart Heart Heart

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:16:09 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stranger Things  
Jump to: