Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:43:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Guess when [Spoiler] will return from the dead 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess when [Spoiler] will return from the dead  (Read 12866 times)
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

on: July 14, 2016, 11:10:07 AM

I thought it might be fun to guess when a certain character will next walk the Marvel Comics world following their most recent death.

I'll update the title of this thread after a few month when it no longer qualifies as a spoiler, but within Civil War II there is a major death:

Obviously, the character will eventually return.  The (hopefully fun) question is when.  I'd like to see people guess the year and month in which that character will next be seen walking around alive in present day Marvel Comics (excluding flashbacks, flash forwards, time travel, alternate realities, LMDs, visits to the Land of the Dead, etc...)

The character in question is
No more than one guess per person and once a month/year combination is claimed nobody else can take it - if you're vague I may use my best interpretation or ignore your guess.  I am going to guess May 2022 (a relatively long death).  Anyone want to guess?

Guesses:

2017 April - satael
2017 November (a year from the end of Civl War 2) - Khaldun
2018 May (First Infinity Wars Movie) - Ard
2018 September (Fall) - HaemishM
2022 (May) - jgsugden
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:47:45 PM by jgsugden »

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 11:11:43 AM

Fall 2018

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 11:29:13 AM

2017 (April)
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 11:53:34 AM

Whatever the release date is for the first Infinity War movie.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 01:03:55 PM

About a year's worth of stories from the conclusion of Civil War 2, I would guess. Enough to give Amadeus Cho some time as the Hulk and establish his own gamma-driven personality (so far seems to be an exaggeration of "horny nerd", but maybe that's because Frank Cho is drawing it). There's a pretty easy way out of the current death, also--I can see it being that Hawkeye contacts Banner, tells him people are coming for him, Banner sets up a fake or LMD version and quietly slips away. Will probably show up to save Amadeus Cho when Amadeus goes nuts and gets close to killing people, or something like that.

Rhodey on the other hand will probably just stay dead.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 09:10:03 AM

It is starting to sound like Khaldun may be the winner.  Some rumors gaining steam that we'll see a return to form for the entire MCU by the end of this year.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 09:25:20 AM

I also agree with Khaldun, though I'd be willing to say it will be almost immediately after Cho stops drawing it. I do love me some Cho, but he's one of those who drives his vision of the story and then it seems everyone just drops it immediately after.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 09:38:27 AM

I got to the part in Civil War 2 where Hulk got killed and bit after. Holy shit, was it SUPER STUPID. Like mind-shattering stupid.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 03:26:48 PM

It's just a dumb crossover. It interrupted a lot of decent stories in various books and like the original for it to work a number of characters had to act completely out of character. I also found the part of the story where Ulysses is sitting in a little box apparently reporting on future crimes as small as "kid in a high school in Hoboken might start a fire tomorrow" completely idiotic. This is a life sentence we're talking about but Ulysses and the Inhumans seem fine with the idea that he's going to be stuck 24/7 reporting on whether the bank vice-president in Wichita Kansas is going to forget to wash his hands after taking a piss following the board meeting on Wednesday. That alone pretty much made me say, yeah, whatever.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 12:25:50 PM

i guess it's time to retire this thread since marvel legacy is apparently rebooting the whole universe

(i don't know anything about comics)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 01:23:28 PM

Again? Didn't they just do a reboot with Secret Wars 2 (which was fucking awful)?

schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 01:47:05 PM

ಠ‿ಠ don't know and don't care about comics
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 02:20:05 PM

Banner will be back, in some form, in the next year.  Khaldun looks like da winner.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 03:45:57 AM

Again? Didn't they just do a reboot with Secret Wars 2 (which was fucking awful)?

They've actually got some sort of announcement planned for sometime today. Unless the announcement is that they're only going to charge $1.00 for comics going forward if you're buying digitally then I'm not too likely to care.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 12:37:49 PM

And so far their "industry changing" announcement has been that they showed the covers of most of their comics for the month that Legacy starts and they're all homages to other iconic Marvel covers. Maybe they're not done announcing stuff yet. It's hard to tell because even this announcement was spread over multiple comic news outlets by Marvel giving each site 6 of the covers. In short, this is pretty stupid.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Guess when [Spoiler] will return from the dead  
Jump to: