Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 25, 2017, 02:51:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Civilization VI 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Civilization VI  (Read 6580 times)
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: March 19, 2017, 06:23:11 PM

Civ 6 is on sale this weekend with Steam, but all I see are an endless series of negative reviews slamming the AI and the "warmonger" status.  Any of you have buyer's remorse?
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: March 19, 2017, 07:05:38 PM

I still play it occasionally. It'd be nice if diplomacy worked but it's still fun without it. I've heard there are mods to improve the AI but I haven't used them since it doesn't seem all that different from other Civs to me. Civ AI has always been dumb as a bag of rocks and needing copious amounts of headstart to compete with the player.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: March 19, 2017, 11:28:55 PM

Good game, unlike Beyond Earth.

I'm Cived out for a while tho.

Expect poison from the standing water.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #143 on: March 20, 2017, 07:07:53 AM

I want to like this. I have yet to complete a game though. One of my biggest complaints is that its too difficult to really get a feel for how a city is doing statistically. Plus too many things that you basically have to memorize in the civipedia if you don't want to screw yourself. Hmm, where should I build this district? - pause while I look at the adjacency requirements for 17 different wonders.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #144 on: March 20, 2017, 07:37:10 AM

The game is not focused on "tall" cities much at all, so you're worried about adjacency too much if you're researching it like that. There's a limit to the number of districts a city can have based on population anyway.  Build wider and don't worry about maximizing tiles of your cities. The max radius of the city combined with hex maps means you have too many possible productive tiles to ever work them all efficiently anyway.

Just what I've found playing through. I'm no civ expert these days. I never go above Prince because it requires me to be too aggressive with the military. 

I can't get past the panties - Alluvian
I really like the cocks. - Lantyssa
People rarely believe just how good I am at sucking. - Lantyssa
I love the swinging dongs - Signe
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: March 23, 2017, 07:44:04 AM

Civ 6 is on sale this weekend with Steam, but all I see are an endless series of negative reviews slamming the AI and the "warmonger" status.  Any of you have buyer's remorse?

It's a poor game.  Gorgeous to look at, and with more buckets to fill than any version of civ yet, but it might actually be my least-favourite iteration in terms of gameplay.  Over-complex and overly inter-dependent systems (this from someone who even enjoyed Hearts of Iron 3) and surprisingly dull (and this from someone who plays Eve).

It's not even hard, as such.  Just meh.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: March 23, 2017, 08:03:52 AM

(this from someone who even enjoyed Hearts of Iron 3) and surprisingly dull

Note to self: Never be alone around Endie and anything sharp.  why so serious?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: March 23, 2017, 07:01:33 PM

I want to like it more than I can. Fundamentally the brokenness of the diplomatic AI combined with its pervasiveness is what makes me unable to do it. If it were just a flavor sub-system, well, ok, but it's not--it's interwoven into most of the gameplay.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: March 24, 2017, 03:08:39 AM

Absolutely got buyers remorse here - I even bought the season pass, which is the first and last time I've ever done that.

The game's AI simply does not work. It is in a worse state than any other version of civ, and 5 months later still hasn't been improved. The AI does not understand the basic gameplay rules - it doesn't build districts properly, it doesn't build armies, it doesn't understand how to move its troops. At the same time, it's insanely aggressive on the diplomacy front for no reason - nations who have no reason to dislike you will declare war like clockwork (it's on a timer, and as soon as that timer is up they declare). Although they often don't have an army anyways.

It looks pretty, and has some interesting ideas inside it, but right now it's just broken. My least played version of civ to date.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: March 24, 2017, 06:17:15 AM

I'll wait for the 2nd expansion pack.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: March 24, 2017, 06:41:06 AM

I didn't buy it, but I watch quill18 on YouTube play games. That satisfies my itch.

AI is definitely terribad.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Civilization VI  
Jump to: