Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:06:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  (Read 125450 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #280 on: April 05, 2017, 06:34:37 PM

I'd love to know how you hit equip 11 on so many chars when I barely have any at 10.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: April 05, 2017, 10:20:12 PM

Case in point, yesterday I had a PvP match against a 46k droid/jawa team.  The RNG really screwed me in the beginning and eventually I was left with only Dooku against 4 of theirs, and they all had mostly full health, minus shields in some cases.  Their Jawa Engineer then revived IG 88, so technically Dooku against 5 for a short bit.  And then he motherfucking chopped them all down, all by himself.

Level 5 fusion reactors are a cock block for me as well, but when you are focusing on getting to level 11 for some characters, there is even a worse grind for other items.  Suddenly, you find yourself with more fusion reactors piling up as you temporary ignore the characters who need them.  I just looked and I have 167 of them right now!  I will eventually have an issue with them again once I figure out who gets this batch.

I only actually have three at Level 11 (Qui Gon is the third).  But that said, I have probably been playing this longer/more than most or all of you. 

Cheddar, curious about the levels of the team you are using there that keeps you in the top 50.  That group would never fly on my server, not even top 100. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #282 on: April 06, 2017, 04:26:46 AM

Case in point, yesterday I had a PvP match against a 46k droid/jawa team.  The RNG really screwed me in the beginning and eventually I was left with only Dooku against 4 of theirs, and they all had mostly full health, minus shields in some cases.  Their Jawa Engineer then revived IG 88, so technically Dooku against 5 for a short bit.  And then he motherfucking chopped them all down, all by himself.

Level 5 fusion reactors are a cock block for me as well, but when you are focusing on getting to level 11 for some characters, there is even a worse grind for other items.  Suddenly, you find yourself with more fusion reactors piling up as you temporary ignore the characters who need them.  I just looked and I have 167 of them right now!  I will eventually have an issue with them again once I figure out who gets this batch.

I only actually have three at Level 11 (Qui Gon is the third).  But that said, I have probably been playing this longer/more than most or all of you. 

Cheddar, curious about the levels of the team you are using there that keeps you in the top 50.  That group would never fly on my server, not even top 100. 

68.  May change come zeta.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: April 06, 2017, 05:38:12 AM

No, I meant the gear level and power and stuff like that.  Not sure what you mean by 68?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: April 06, 2017, 05:46:01 AM

Oh, and for reference...beyond those three at Level 11, I have 16 others that are at Level 10.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #285 on: April 06, 2017, 07:16:37 AM

No, I meant the gear level and power and stuff like that.  Not sure what you mean by 68?

Overall level 8, tier 9 gear.  Currently running mostly health mods, in process of getting tier 5 health mods on them all (so damn expensive!)

99% of my resources going into this team, but am also building up a rebel squad.  Almost got wedge unlocked.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: April 06, 2017, 09:10:45 PM

I find that it is easy to farm MOST of the tier 5 mods via the mod challenges, but I think it is designed such that two of the slots are generally rare drops.  What I am doing now is that I have more money than I know what to do with, so I keep an eye on the mod store.  It wouldn't normally be a good deal, but you can occasionally drop 4 million on a rare tier 5 mod with, for example, a huge speed mod attached.

Best thing about leveling a Rebel team IMO is that you can unlock Palpatine at 7 stars! And, well, they kinda own PvP I suppose.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: April 11, 2017, 12:05:36 PM

The Rancor is kicking my ass. I can't figure out what I'm doin wrong, but I'm gettin whopped. Either that, or some other folk suddenly geared the shit out of their guys.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #288 on: April 11, 2017, 04:12:45 PM

The Rancor is kicking my ass. I can't figure out what I'm doin wrong, but I'm gettin whopped. Either that, or some other folk suddenly geared the shit out of their guys.

From what I gather running away at the optimal time is the trick.

Too meta for me.  I just auto to death.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: April 11, 2017, 10:23:53 PM

We talking Tier 7 Rancor?  Problem is he gets a huge tenacity bonus at Tier 7, so it makes using Turn Meter manipulation even harder.  I believe* the answer is to gear up your team with as much potency as you can.  I think the usual teams with Teebo and all the others still work to a degree.  I suspect people are also now using Zeta Vader to great effect.

*I am speculating a little here, because our guild runs through Tier 7 in like 15 minutes these days, so I don't even bother gearing up for it.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: April 11, 2017, 11:18:48 PM

Must be fuckin nice! Ours can't do the 7. The 6, I was doin pretty good at, comin in 3,4 and once a 2. Now, even with effort, I'm bouncin down to 4,5 and I don't feel like I'm hitting things right. Dunno. Probably a perception problem more than anything.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: April 12, 2017, 10:17:51 AM

With what team as lead?

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: April 12, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Phasma, QG, Emp, Rey, and Lum

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: April 12, 2017, 12:23:45 PM

Hmm, well...you'd be doing better if you had some better Turn Meter manipulation...removal I mean, and only secondarily boosting your own.

That is why Teebo is the shit, especially before Tier 7.  Get him in the lead, and then supplement with QGJ and Phasma.  Then Fives or anyone else with a reliable Speed Down.  In the last spot pick a damage dealer.  Rey is good here, or even Maul if it is against the Gammos.  Sometimes I put in Cad Bane, because he does good damage and his stun removes TM. 

You get the idea I think, but Teebo is the key, the little shit.  Boost potency if you are having trouble getting the TMs to hit.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: May 11, 2017, 11:37:52 PM

I have Teebo, wiggs, any random dude who can slow, ewok scout as one rancor team, then Zader plus any fast empire and sith for a second. They both do 7 figure scores every time. Turn meter manipulation is five times more effective in rancor than in arena because the rancor only has one turn meter.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #295 on: May 12, 2017, 09:25:23 AM

What's zader? Zeta'd vader? Damn you and your ability to run T7 Tarkin challenges.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: May 12, 2017, 09:34:09 PM

Still debating whether to put my first Zeta on Vader or Maul.   Thought?  Seems Vader is better for raiding, while Maul is better for arena.  Leaning towards Vader.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #297 on: May 13, 2017, 06:17:52 AM

Vader.  That permanent debuff is amazing. A friend showed me it in action and it was ridiculous. 

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: May 13, 2017, 11:53:33 AM

That's my thinking.  I avoid those teams in the arena.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #299 on: May 13, 2017, 05:46:01 PM

Yeah. It also applies to other characters DoT not just Vaders. Said friend did over a million on rancor just letting it auto fight.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: May 23, 2017, 05:21:21 AM

I'd take probably take Maul zeta for arena if you have both fully starred/geared - and probably Dooku and Sideous next. But they are both good. Pick whichever character you think is coolest.

Also this assumes you have a full sith team and don't need to fill it out with empire.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: May 23, 2017, 10:16:14 PM

I did end up doing Vader first, and my first impression was underwhelming.  After a bit of experimenting, it probably helps me do a little bit better overall in raids, but I am still trying to find the right combinations to get the best results.  Not quite the game changer I was hoping, but oh well.  In PvP, I still think Nihilus lead works better...it certainly seems to with the Sith team I use.  Even so, it is fun to have different options.

Now I just gotta figure out what to do with the next Zeta!  I don't think I will go with Dooku, because with Nihilus lead the protection recovery doesn't work.  Might still do Maul just for some PvP fun.  Or go Qui Gon just to have a Jedi team.  I am even considering Savage, because that shit looks a bit crazy when I see it, and hey, it would be nice it that asshole was actually worth something for once.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: May 24, 2017, 01:02:25 AM

Yeah, Savage is always disappointing until some other guy has him and he wrecks your day.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: May 28, 2017, 11:33:01 PM

Fuck ewoks.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: May 29, 2017, 10:12:16 PM

Fuck ewoks.

This.

Got my Maul Zeta yesterday, and promptly sliced my way through all 5 arena battles for the day.  I think this might keep me at sub 100 levels, where my Nihilus lead kept me hovering around or just over.  Also just 7 starred my Sith Trooper, which should help.  Don't see many using him, which is a bit of a head scratcher.  Not sure yet if a Maul team needs him that much, but he works well in a number of situations.  I will have to experiment to see the best combinations...I basically have all Sith to mix and match, minus the Assassin.

Nihilus is still the shit in Galactic War, btw. 

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: May 29, 2017, 11:34:06 PM

Came up against the ol Rex lead, with Chirrut, Baze, Jyn, and R2. Just quit. There is 0 fucking point. What a broken team that is. I ran through all my decent roster and was unable to take down one fucking guy. That. Is. Bullshit.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: May 29, 2017, 11:35:39 PM

With the kicker being, by the time I were to get that team to 7, proper geared, the next fuck me in the ass hard with no lube squad would be out. That's cool in the arena, but putting that shit in the GW is just infuriating. Somewhere is a dev that needs his balls scratched with my foot.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #307 on: May 30, 2017, 01:19:47 PM

Fuck ewoks.

This.

Got my Maul Zeta yesterday, and promptly sliced my way through all 5 arena battles for the day.  I think this might keep me at sub 100 levels, where my Nihilus lead kept me hovering around or just over.  Also just 7 starred my Sith Trooper, which should help.  Don't see many using him, which is a bit of a head scratcher.  Not sure yet if a Maul team needs him that much, but he works well in a number of situations.  I will have to experiment to see the best combinations...I basically have all Sith to mix and match, minus the Assassin.

7* the Sith Trooper requires either throwing money at the game and getting lucky with data cards or being able to get through the Cantina to level 8B. Considering the bitch that is battle 8A, not many folks are going to have 8B unlocked and those who do probably have meta-of-the-month teams to Zeta.  

Plus there's tons of other characters to hit 7* with long before that. Also, since he's not a named char people are likely to ignore him. Much like I did my TIE pilots until I realized, "Shit, I need these guys to do ship stuff."

My Nihilus works ok in the Gal war and awesome in PVP. IDK what you're running into to call him shit. Does he get to use his "Kill them now" ability every fight? No, but the ones he does (typically the last 3 purple crates) it was really needed to wipe an annoying character off the map after a taunt was down.
Came up against the ol Rex lead, with Chirrut, Baze, Jyn, and R2. Just quit. There is 0 fucking point. What a broken team that is. I ran through all my decent roster and was unable to take down one fucking guy. That. Is. Bullshit.

That's a new one, I haven't seen it at all. Sounds ugly.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: May 30, 2017, 01:28:52 PM

Give it time. You'll see it. It's fucking terrible. Endless heals, taunts, and debuff clearing and resistance. Unkillable.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #309 on: May 30, 2017, 02:32:12 PM

Yeah I was just browsing their abilities. You didn't mention Jyn's rez in that mess, or the assist-trains that can be generated.

What utter shite. No wonder the newer events are so rough for people who aren't metagaming their asses off.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #310 on: May 30, 2017, 04:41:37 PM

There's a surprisingly amount of broken chars in this game which make unbeatable teams.  I'm still pissed I need to level Wiggs to approach fleet Zetas (got those ships).  Feels like there is a tiny amount of (always new!) characters that break the game.  Amazing they all come from paying. 
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: May 30, 2017, 10:20:12 PM

Fuck ewoks.

This.

Got my Maul Zeta yesterday, and promptly sliced my way through all 5 arena battles for the day.  I think this might keep me at sub 100 levels, where my Nihilus lead kept me hovering around or just over.  Also just 7 starred my Sith Trooper, which should help.  Don't see many using him, which is a bit of a head scratcher.  Not sure yet if a Maul team needs him that much, but he works well in a number of situations.  I will have to experiment to see the best combinations...I basically have all Sith to mix and match, minus the Assassin.

7* the Sith Trooper requires either throwing money at the game and getting lucky with data cards or being able to get through the Cantina to level 8B. Considering the bitch that is battle 8A, not many folks are going to have 8B unlocked and those who do probably have meta-of-the-month teams to Zeta.  

Plus there's tons of other characters to hit 7* with long before that. Also, since he's not a named char people are likely to ignore him. Much like I did my TIE pilots until I realized, "Shit, I need these guys to do ship stuff."

My Nihilus works ok in the Gal war and awesome in PVP. IDK what you're running into to call him shit. Does he get to use his "Kill them now" ability every fight? No, but the ones he does (typically the last 3 purple crates) it was really needed to wipe an annoying character off the map after a taunt was down.

I got Sith Trooper primarily through 8B and supplemented in the Shard Shop.  I never have put any money into this game, and I doubt I ever will.  I can see I one-starred 8A, can't recall how hard it was in reality.

Anyway, I said Nihilus is THE shit.  Not regular shit.  He makes a team of juggernauts in Galactic War, and I clear it every day without much problem.  Often I clear it without losing anyone along the way.  Even a 3 Star Nihilus is awesome for GW if you have Sith to go along with him....he turns it into Easy Mode.  He is also pretty great as a lead in Arena, though on my shard that gets you to about 100 on average.  Zeta Maul will probably keep me below 100.

Now I got to start thinking about Zeta number 3.  It'll be either Dooku, Savage or Nihilus for even greater lulz on my Zaul team.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: May 31, 2017, 03:28:30 AM

Nihilius is absolutely better than anything in GW.

His sith geam usually clear node 1-11, node 12 I often have to soften up with a rebel alpha strike crew, so long as my rebels knock out 1 enemy the sith will then break them.

I don't see him as being as effective in arena. I run wiggs, lando, r2, scarif, and will probably stick on that until maul is 7 stars and decent gear.

Vader is very much for raids. Too slow for anything else. With speed mods on an empire team led by zader you can solo the raid.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: May 31, 2017, 12:32:47 PM

Oh, sure, Nihilus is the poo. No argument. Saying that the team I referenced above is silly ridiculous. I don't have B2, or the TIE fighter pilot, which are apparently necessary to be able to take out that team. Thus losing my whole roster without killing a single foe.

Galactic war can be hard, that's fine. I'm just saying it shouldn't be impossible.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: June 02, 2017, 04:38:46 AM

Does anyone have a guild with space that runs t6 or t7 raids  regularly?

My randomly joined guild seems incapable of starting raids without a week of delay between each run. Starting to be an issue for collecting salvage.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  
Jump to: