Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:07:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EVE Online: Citadel - Release Date on 27/4/2016 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EVE Online: Citadel - Release Date on 27/4/2016  (Read 8530 times)
Meester
Terracotta Army

on: March 15, 2016, 01:36:17 PM

Including citadels and a capital rebalance including new capitals and capital modules. The new way of using fighters is good too [think Homeworld].

As per - http://updates.eveonline.com/date/2016-04-27/

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 01:45:53 PM

You mean 4/27/2016.

awesome, for real

- Viin
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 03:52:52 PM

You mean 4/27/2016.

awesome, for real

Only heathen nations use that form of writing a date.

Day, then month, then year is the natural and logical order of things.

Heathen  evil Shaking fist Mob
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 09:11:57 PM

What exactly are Citadels? Some kind of super Outpost?

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 02:04:34 AM

Super Outposts you can dock Titans in, that can be destroyed and your stuff gets transported to 1 of 8 or so low sec stations. What POS's and outposts should have been.

I havn't heard anything to say that the Imperian won't just show up and blow it up within a week, but I don't know the rules for them.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 06:02:13 AM

For citadels there are windows of their vulnerability that is set by the owner and if I remember correctly they need to successfully attacked three times in order to remove them, smaller citadels have smaller windows of vulnerability which is offset by the defences the various sizes have. So an Astrahaus has a smaller vulnerability window a week compared to a Keepstar [XL] and if successfully attacked its shields go down and it enters an invulnerability state for its armour until it comes out of vulnerability then its armour can be attacked, another invuln timrer and repeat for hull.

There is a damage limitation for citadels so that larger fleet will end up doing the same damage as a smaller fleet on a citadel to the end of destroying one. Wormhole citadels will have full loot unlike k space because wormhole folk wanted it. Multiple citadels per system are allowed and they need to be built within 500km-700km of a celestial object. Pos's and outposts are not going away just yet but will be phased out over time [I expect pos's will just be turned into minerals and any items in their modules sent to a hangar while outpsts will be converted to citadels] until citadel functions replace their existing ones.

You can see inside and outside a citadel while docked and use the various modules that you can attach to them them like doomdays, ship tractor beams and aoe missiles. Keepstars are the ones that can hold supercaps. Rigs for them will be the largest cost in building a citadel though you can have them without rigs I suppose. They can be built in high sec.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:05:08 AM by Meester »
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 11:24:21 AM

CCP is trying to replace all NPC stations with player-built stations.  In other MMOs this would be replacing all the NPC capital cities (including all the quest givers and vendors inside) with player housing and the auction-house.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 12:47:28 PM

CCP is trying to replace all NPC stations with player-built stations.  In other MMOs this would be replacing all the NPC capital cities (including all the quest givers and vendors inside) with player housing and the auction-house.

Whoa, hold your horses! I don't think CCP are quite ready to remove npc stations just yet [not that I am against it], citadels will just operate alongside them with added bonuses to make them more attractive for use and docking though Id like to see null-sec npc stations replaced by citadels as long as ease of access and npc agents are fit in there somewhere.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 01:10:44 PM

The first dev blog they released on the subject had a timeline chart that ended with the complete replacement, and then they stealth-redacted that out of it.  Maybe they changed their minds, but the facts are:

- Citadels CAN replace NPC stations; they have all the services and functionality.
- If players fill up all space (high-sec, low, null) with citadels (with market hubs, repairs, refitting, refinery, etc.), NPC stations will become obsolete.  Solar system sec rating will become obsolete, too.
- Given enough time, players will fill up all the space with these things.

So my tinfoil hat theory is that CCP plans to do it; but they can't just flip the switch, they have to let us build up and move the markets and economy to citadels.  So mum's the word, for now. 

Also, my second tinfoil hat theory is that the only way to introduce a change that will cause the player base to burn Jita is to very subtly change the game little by little until they achieve what they wanted, with everybody already being used to it.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 05:10:17 PM

Does make me wonder if all the stations were replaced with citadels, where would new players log into?

What would be the backup plan if somehow all the citadels that used to be npc stations were destroyed?
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 08:13:06 AM

Newly created characters log in in space.

All large alliances have newbie recruiting programs (Karma Fleet, PL's Horde, etc.), and they cause more retention of newbies than any high-sec corp.  Otherwise, the larger high-sec corps (Red vs. Blue, EVE University, etc.) can run freeport stations for newbies to dock at.  Smaller corps can rent; there will be rental alliances, I'm sure.  We'll adapt somehow, which is probably what CCP is counting on. 

Player corps / alliances will move from just providing training, ships, and fun, to actually recruiting people from outside the game to join their team, get all these benefits, etc.  It should be a simple matter for CCP to make a change so if you follow a corp or alliance buddy invite and create a new character, your character is created inside their citadel and already a member of their corp.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EVE Online: Citadel - Release Date on 27/4/2016  
Jump to: