Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:25:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2016 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2016  (Read 138670 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #420 on: December 16, 2016, 12:06:59 PM

RAMS v BROWNS is a tough call. I think the Browns would win.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #421 on: December 16, 2016, 12:10:51 PM

RAMS v BROWNS is a tough call. I think the Browns would win.

Rams have the better D.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: December 23, 2016, 04:27:07 AM

LOL Giants... I mean really.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: December 23, 2016, 05:57:24 AM

Hard to win a game where you spot the other team 14 points. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #424 on: December 23, 2016, 07:37:14 AM

I didn't watch more than the first quarter. After seeing 2 Eli Faces, I figured it was a foregone conclusion.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #425 on: December 23, 2016, 09:24:02 PM

We lasted for a while just because of Eli Face.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: December 25, 2016, 06:46:18 AM

Christmas Eve was a bad day for the right fibula of starting QBs apparently.  why so serious?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #427 on: December 25, 2016, 11:12:51 AM

Jesus, man. The playoffs are going to be a lot less interesting without David Carr or Marcus Mariotta in them. Instead we apparently get fucking Matt McGloin and Tom Savage/Brock Lobster. It's like the universe just wants the NFL Playoffs to suck.

WayAbvPar

Reply #428 on: December 25, 2016, 12:41:10 PM

Christmas Eve was a bad day for the right fibula of starting QBs apparently.  why so serious?

Pretty sure Lockett did his too. Sigh.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: December 25, 2016, 03:32:25 PM

Not fibula(that is th one in the upper leg iirc) but yea.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: December 25, 2016, 03:32:56 PM

Fibula is lower leg.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: December 26, 2016, 04:07:23 PM

I was bummed by Carr's injury in particular. Was really hoping to see the Raiders make a run for it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #432 on: December 27, 2016, 10:35:06 AM

Not fibula(that is th one in the upper leg iirc) but yea.

I think Lockett broke both. Carroll also mentioned something about the risk of infection because the skin was broken  ACK! No wonder Doug Baldwin was in tears.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: January 01, 2017, 01:52:47 PM

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #434 on: January 01, 2017, 03:11:44 PM

Oh Bills... can't blame that one on Rex Ryan.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: January 03, 2017, 12:06:41 PM

Reggie Bush

ACK!

Goddamned Bills. My buddy wonders why I'm not a Bills fan. I can't back a team so utterly incompetent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: January 03, 2017, 12:14:08 PM

So what happened there, because it rolled into the end-zone it was a live ball?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: January 03, 2017, 12:20:28 PM

So what happened there, because it rolled into the end-zone it was a live ball?

Ball is live on a kick-off and can be fielded by either team.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: January 03, 2017, 12:23:00 PM

What would have happened if a Bills player had jumped on the ball in their own endzone then? Safety?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: January 03, 2017, 12:42:17 PM

Handled properly, simple touchback. Handled like an inebriated platypus jonesing for meth, well, that clusterfuck.

Edit to add, that's if the ball makes it in while in flight. Rolling like that, dude should have grabbed it up, or ideally, some dipfuck catches it. That whole play was incompetence incarnate.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 12:44:42 PM by TheWalrus »

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: January 03, 2017, 07:35:38 PM

What would have happened if a Bills player had jumped on the ball in their own endzone then? Safety?

Touchback.

On a kickoff/punt the point of first touch is the point where the ball "enters play". So if the ball bounces in bounds and then goes out of bounds its still a kick "out of bounds"*. The ball rolling into the end zone is the exact same as if the ball was kicked into the end zone. From there, standard punt/kickoff rules apply.

Safeties only occur when either you're attempting to run the ball out of the end zone or you had possession at the start of the play. So if he picked it up and got tackled its a touchback. If he attempted to pick it up and fumbled it out the back of the end zone its a touchback. It would only be if he picked it up and attempted to run out of the end zone then got tackled that it would be a safety. Which while also stupid and would definitely have made deadspin would have been miles less stupid than what was actually done.

*As exemplified by a few recent occurances where a kickoff was kicked very close to the sidelines close to the goal line after which a smart player puts their feet out of bounds and reaches out to touch the ball. Ball is now possessed and the point at which its possessed is out of bounds(because the player is). The ball was never possessed in bounds and so its a kick out of bounds(which places the ball on the 40 instead of 25 iirc)
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: January 04, 2017, 02:26:15 PM

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:44:32 PM by Severian »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #442 on: January 11, 2017, 12:35:23 PM

Denver hires Miami defensive coordinator as head coach.

I'm just... what about the Dolphins this year made you think their defense was good? Hint: it wasn't good. 29th in total defense and 18th in scoring defense. Oh and Wade Phillips' (Denver's current DC and defensive genius coach) contract has expired, so the DC may not return and Joseph may call his own defensive plays.

OK THEN.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: January 11, 2017, 07:52:20 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #444 on: January 12, 2017, 07:07:32 AM

Rams got shitty ratings and spectators in LA (because they sucked ass - also because the LA market isn't great for football). Every NFL team that has moved to Los Angeles has moved away after ratings and attendance declines. I know! Let's put not one but TWO shitty teams in the same market! That's bound to work this time!

HINT: It didn't work last time and that was when at least one of the teams was good.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #445 on: January 12, 2017, 07:58:20 AM

With the stadium stuff pushing out working class fans, the teams moving to chase bigger TV markets, the rookie pay scale meaning vets get replaced with untested draft picks, and the international bullshit, the NFL is trying really hard to slay the golden goose.

This year's ratings decline was not an accident. I've said before that once the 30-something crop of QBs retires, the 20-something group is woefully unprepared to carry the mantle of the NFL. And the ratings didn't take a hit over the election, it was because you have a ridiculous gap in the league now between haves and have-nots.

18 starting QBs were drafted after 2010. Of those 18 teams, 3 of them in the AFC had QBs after 2010, 2 in the NFC. Of those 5, 3 remain. There could be zero by the time the NFC/AFC championship rolls around, but max I think 2 will be left. Russel Wilson and Dak Prescott.

WayAbvPar

Reply #446 on: January 12, 2017, 02:49:53 PM

Rams were bad, but the stadium is also a hellhole. Sitting in 90+ degree weather without shade or water (they ran out of bottled water in the first week or two during a game) would fucking suck, and I would never pay to watch a shitty team AND cook in the sun when I could watch at home in air conditioning. If the team gets watchable, more people will come. They will have to build a fan base. When the young kids now are adults and have grown up with a home town football team, they may be better off. Building a modern stadium will definitely expedite things.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: January 12, 2017, 03:20:01 PM

For example, see Seahawks.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: January 12, 2017, 03:28:07 PM

Honestly, I'm not sure why anyone would bother going to see an NFL game in person. I could spend a Sunday afternoon surrounded by loud, obnoxious people, spending a mint on garbage food, all while stting with a shitty view of the action OR I could sit at home, make whatever lunch/snacks I want before the game for a fraction of the price and at higher quality, great view, great replays, no line for the bathroom, can switch to another game if the one I'm watching sucks.

I mean it just isn't close.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: January 12, 2017, 04:13:12 PM

The only team that could possibly do well in LA is the Raiders, because gangs like the pirate merch. But they still won't do as well as they do in Oakland.

Maybe with the Rams blue, a red team could move there for a nice color war.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: January 12, 2017, 04:24:27 PM

But the Raiders are going to Vegas.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: January 15, 2017, 12:17:47 AM

The only team that could possibly do well in LA is the Raiders, because gangs like the pirate merch. But they still won't do as well as they do in Oakland.

Maybe with the Rams blue, a red team could move there for a nice color war.

New England Patriots....

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: January 15, 2017, 07:39:43 AM

New England Patriots....
You shut your dirty whore mouth right now!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #453 on: January 15, 2017, 05:01:22 PM

Suck it Dallas.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #454 on: January 17, 2017, 08:44:25 AM

Suck it Dallas.

Win or lose, the hate never changes  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

That being said, I just shake my head at our coaches. I wish we had a real staff that actually knew how to sub because we got burned twice on illegal sub penalties, and got Aaron extended drives, plus a dumbass offsides free play TD. The whole first half was a fucking nightmare that was too much. We're not built to play comeback football.

We need a better defense, bar none. Until we have that, I don't trust any offense that doesn't have an elite QB against another elite QB.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2016  
Jump to: