Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:04:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2016 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2016  (Read 138690 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #385 on: December 05, 2016, 08:31:14 AM

Atlanta's giant transformer butthole stadium deserves to be half-empty for decades. Based on Braves' playoff attendance, it will be.  why so serious? Of course Atlanta will win that shitty division but probably just barely.

So the Cowboys have clinched the playoffs, mainly because the Giants shit the bed against an inconsistent Steelers team. Bad Eli was the one who showed up all day, which combined with McAdoo's shitty offense, made for a really boring game. I also watched the Saints shit the bed against the Lions by playing the "How many holding penalties can we have in one game" game.

And I bench Russell Wilson because he was terrible last week and sure enough - the Haws put 40 on the shitty Panthers.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #386 on: December 05, 2016, 09:57:32 AM

Bad Eli threw one of the best YOLO interceptions early in that game that I've ever seen. Across the body moving right falling over to the middle of the field off one foot. It was glorious.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: December 05, 2016, 12:16:38 PM

Anyone looked at the injured rosters? Holy Jesus. This has been a really fucking tough year for everybody.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #388 on: December 05, 2016, 08:22:20 PM

One of the fun things about the old lady getting into football is explaining things like Bad Eli. She said they didn't look like an 8-3 team, soo...

She was also royally pissed they cut away from the Pats curbstomping the Rams.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: December 06, 2016, 06:36:00 AM

One of the fun things about the old lady getting into football is explaining things like Bad Eli. She said they didn't look like an 8-3 team, soo...

She was also royally pissed they cut away from the Pats curbstomping the Rams.

Why? Does she have a particular hatred for the Rams? Or a crush on Brady (winningest QB of all time! woot woot, let your hate flow!) That game was bloody boring , the win percentage predictor was hilarious, basically 97% to 99% win for the Pats the WHOLE game.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: December 06, 2016, 11:10:42 AM

She's a Pats fan.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #391 on: December 06, 2016, 11:32:37 AM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #392 on: December 09, 2016, 07:20:46 AM

That was a fun game last night.

Bit confused though, did that Carr - Cooper bomb hit a bird or something? The ball seemed to deflect as it was coming down off it's arc.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: December 11, 2016, 08:48:34 PM

Cowboys are pretenders.

Fuck the Cowboys.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: December 11, 2016, 08:52:30 PM

It's been said already but man the NFC is garbage this year.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #395 on: December 12, 2016, 06:46:59 AM

Cowboys are pretenders.

Fuck the Cowboys.

Nah. Bad game but hardly pretenders. There's always division losses every year, even in great winning seasons. 1992 we lost to Washington and Philly. 1993 we lost to a 4 win Washington team. 1995 we lost to Washington TWICE and Philly.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: December 12, 2016, 06:49:08 AM

So's the AFC. Even the Pats are pretenders with that defence.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #397 on: December 12, 2016, 06:56:44 AM

It's a perfect Super Bowl for a 6 seed to wander in there lost and confused.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: December 12, 2016, 07:01:59 AM

It's a perfect Super Bowl for a 6 seed to wander in there lost and confused.

It'll be Pittsburgh vs the Giants and I'll kill myself.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #399 on: December 12, 2016, 08:17:15 AM

Seattle will pull this one out of their magical butts. Probably against Pittsburgh.

Shoot me now.

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: December 12, 2016, 08:25:55 AM

Cowboys are pretenders.

Fuck the Cowboys.

Given it was against the Giants? Nah.. The Giants are the enigma of the league... like their quarterback.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: December 12, 2016, 09:55:15 AM

That game confused the heck out of my fiancee, it was fun to watch her watch it.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: December 12, 2016, 10:07:12 AM

The giants have to be the biggest example of "plays to the level of their competition" in the history of sports.  It isn't out of the realm of possibility that they could have lost to the Browns and beaten the Cowboys.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #403 on: December 12, 2016, 10:08:21 AM

Very true. Being a giants fan is very hard.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #404 on: December 12, 2016, 10:12:20 AM

The Giants are SO fucking awful on offense. Their HC/OC should be fired but won't be because... I don't really know why actually but I can't see why they were hired in the first place. Their defense has definitely become legit though. I really hope they don't stumblefuck their way through the playoffs and into the Super Bowl because fuck me. If Eli wins a 3rd Super Bowl, you know the reanimated corpse of Peyton's arm will come back to try to win a third.

WayAbvPar

Reply #405 on: December 12, 2016, 10:39:14 AM

Apparently Earl Thomas has some sort of magic powers to make the Seahawks good, since they looked like complete shit in every phase of the game yesterday. I made the mistake of attending a viewing party and not drinking. Left just after Seattle scored but before INT and TD #5. What a clusterfuck.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: December 12, 2016, 12:24:18 PM

I didn't get to watch. After I saw the highlights reel, I was glad. Fucking awful.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #407 on: December 12, 2016, 12:25:40 PM

My local affiliate decided the Saints game was more important because Saints. To which I just say, FUCK THE SAINTS. They are goddamn awful.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: December 12, 2016, 01:13:02 PM

The Giants are SO fucking awful on offense. Their HC/OC should be fired but won't be because... I don't really know why actually but I can't see why they were hired in the first place. Their defense has definitely become legit though. I really hope they don't stumblefuck their way through the playoffs and into the Super Bowl because fuck me. If Eli wins a 3rd Super Bowl, you know the reanimated corpse of Peyton's arm will come back to try to win a third.

Their current HC was the OC when they were putting up 30 points a game a couple years ago, that's why he was hired in the first place.  Their offense has been garbage this year, however. There is no doubt about that. This is just the kind of team that could make a run though, which is fucking hilarious given how bad they can be.

Takeaway from that game was that the rookie defensive end that started for in JPP's spot seems legit.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #409 on: December 12, 2016, 01:18:11 PM

And the hilarious part is the Cowboys wanted no part of that game, and the Giants just kept handing them chances. Over and over again. Like I could count 3 times in the fourth quarter where I said, nah it's over, but it wasn't and the Cowboys got the ball back late.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #410 on: December 12, 2016, 02:04:10 PM

Yeah, I know McAdoo was the OC under Coughlin - he was also Green Bay's QB coach/OC before getting hired by the Giants. I realize his pedigree. His offense is fucking terribad though. I truly believe the route concepts he's using as well as the blocking schemes are still infecting Green Bay's offense to this day and is part of the reason it sucks too.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: December 12, 2016, 05:34:30 PM

Their current HC was the OC when they were putting up 30 points a game a couple years ago, that's why he was hired in the first place.  Their offense has been garbage this year, however. There is no doubt about that. This is just the kind of team that could make a run though, which is fucking hilarious given how bad they can be.

Takeaway from that game was that the rookie defensive end that started for in JPP's spot seems legit.

Or HC was the OC of a top 10 offense for 2 years.

Our oline is shit which is an issue.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: December 12, 2016, 05:35:35 PM

Yeah, I know McAdoo was the OC under Coughlin - he was also Green Bay's QB coach/OC before getting hired by the Giants. I realize his pedigree. His offense is fucking terribad though. I truly believe the route concepts he's using as well as the blocking schemes are still infecting Green Bay's offense to this day and is part of the reason it sucks too.

He was a TE and then QB coach. Never the OC.

Also we have no legit TE or FB.
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: December 12, 2016, 06:35:23 PM

Fisher gets an extension.... fired few games later.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #414 on: December 13, 2016, 06:05:09 AM

So's the AFC. Even the Pats are pretenders with that defence.

I take that back. It the Pats barn fire of special teams that will do them it.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: December 15, 2016, 10:43:28 PM

Holllleeeeeee fuck those Seahawks uniforms tonight.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #416 on: December 16, 2016, 05:36:20 AM

Holllleeeeeee fuck those Seahawks uniforms tonight.

They could have worn leather helmets and still beaten the sorry ass Rams

That's possibly the worst team with 4 wins I've seen in my life.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #417 on: December 16, 2016, 07:48:57 AM

I only caught a few minutes but yeah, those Seahawks unis are just fuckawful. And I say this as someone who likes the bright yellow and green kit of Norwich City. That neon shit can get to stepping, though.

The Rams are a worse team than the Seattle unis are bad unis (and those white and blue helmets also terrible). How they could turn Todd Gurley into a nothing running back is astounding.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: December 16, 2016, 09:19:39 AM

We wanted them to put green screen footage over the uniforms last night  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

And my feeling that this is officially the worst year for officiating continues with 3 blown ball spots costing Seattle their 3 challenges due to shitty refs. And if they hadn't blown those challenges, it could've been the Rams up 7-3 by the end of the half.

Rams Browns loser bowl, like we did for blood bowl loser teams. Or maybe a 3-way with San Fran?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: December 16, 2016, 09:21:00 AM

the Pats barn fire of special teams
I hope there is a 24/7 guard on Belichick to keep him from killing someone.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2016  
Jump to: