Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:08:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW]  (Read 67141 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: February 07, 2017, 05:21:17 PM

No desire to have this denned, so let's all de-escalate. Authentic voices are good. Authentic reactions to authentic voices are good. :)
schild
Administrator

Reply #141 on: February 07, 2017, 08:02:21 PM

Looks like they've over 320k copies so far, which is pretty impressive, and as a result Funcom has recouped all development costs.

http://www.funcom.com/investors/update_on_conan_exiles1

Good, I want stupid games to succeed.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #142 on: February 07, 2017, 08:18:58 PM

Me, too!  (alternative fact)

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #143 on: February 07, 2017, 11:16:52 PM

All of this posting and still no new dick and tits.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #144 on: February 08, 2017, 06:55:38 AM

Zones are a bit funny. Side of the river I'm on, its nothing but turtles and little imp dudes that go down to a few punches. Swim across the river and its like walking in to the middle of the San Diego Zoo.

Haven't been youtubing anything and its been amusing. Explored a cave in the newbie lands, crippling my health and stamina with corruption - to find a poem. A poem that doesn't do anything.

Found a spider on the other side of the river (forgot to bring my Setite potions with me). Turns out spiders in Conan swim. Sorta. Anyways, killed one  and finally got ichor to make a single candle for my house.
They burn forever! And give off less light than a typical birthday cake candle!

I can see some potential in the game, and the glitches are far less imposing than they were in ARK at this stage. Will be interesting to see where it goes in a few months.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #145 on: February 08, 2017, 07:43:02 AM

I'm still trying to find iron ore.  I've only collected enough singletons to make 1/4 of the bars needed for the blacksmith's thingamajig.

I've been attempting to build little 1x1 forts to hide in as I go into the mountain.  I've started to get the hyena dance down.  With all points into strength it takes 4 shots to gank one, so if 2-3 show up I'll be hurting and need to hide in a fort.  Still have to completely avoid the exile fires as they'll just ruin my world. 

Almost got to iron land once (I think) when a rhino decided it needed to kill me.  I danced with him around some rocks and was attempting to figure out how to beat him with my rock sword when some hyenas decided to come play as well.

Also looking at my recipes I'm gonna need bark.  I've never even seen bark!  I was hoping it came from the carpenter's table, but no.  It's probably in iron lands too.

It's a frustrating game with slow advancement, but it's of a type where you still see progress, so you keep trying to overcome the challenges.  I think if they can keep the content coming on a regular basis, I'll probably still be playing it, but never on pvp servers.  I still don't see a point in pvp when offline raiding can just eliminate all of your progress.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #146 on: February 08, 2017, 08:24:14 AM

Use the mining pick on trees to get bark.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: February 08, 2017, 08:48:33 AM

Awesome!  Thanks!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: February 08, 2017, 02:07:54 PM

Yes the pick on trees is the answer. You still have to harvest a lot of trees but that's what you do. I am gonna try to describe for you an easy iron solution. It is really not that hard if you have leveled the starting mat as best you can. Press m to pull up the map. look at the southern third and the eastern third of the map. Do you see a horizontal oval? Go there and when given the choice of go up or go down go up. Climb. The rocks you are looking for are Bluish/grayish and there are really strange beasts here which will drop some brimstone which you will need for steel. The spider cave and a level 3 thrall candidates cave are in this area. Both caves have brimstone deposits. So hopefully you have a dancer slave to heal the corruption before you go there.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:18:08 PM by hal1 »
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #149 on: February 09, 2017, 09:46:03 AM

It's a frustrating game with slow advancement, but it's of a type where you still see progress, so you keep trying to overcome the challenges.  I think if they can keep the content coming on a regular basis, I'll probably still be playing it, but never on pvp servers.  I still don't see a point in pvp when offline raiding can just eliminate all of your progress.
Offline raiding can be more or less eliminated (for the time being) if you can build these two items: A) Sandstone foundation and B) stairs.

Just build your way up some mountainside to some plateau standing all by its lonely self, and then destroy one piece of stairs behind you. Until trebuchets are introduced, and/or portable ladders or whatnot, they can't get to your base at all if built like this.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: February 09, 2017, 10:55:37 AM

They can't rebuild the broken stairs section?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #151 on: February 09, 2017, 01:27:08 PM

Once you've built in an area no one else can.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: February 09, 2017, 01:49:36 PM

Is there anything to stop people from building a bit of stuff all over the map just to 'reserve' future space or just to grief people? Especially if things you've built and removed still block someone from building where it used to be.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #153 on: February 09, 2017, 01:54:22 PM

According to Reddit, that's standard tactics right now.

Also, building near a spawn disables the spawn, so the secondary tactic is dropping a single foundation beside your enemy's best iron nodes.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: February 09, 2017, 02:00:46 PM

That's one way to answer the riddle of steel I guess.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: February 09, 2017, 02:19:58 PM

Funcrom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good players or exploiters. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that I dropped a stone stair near my enemies. That's what's important! Cheap exploits please you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me at least two more builds before you patch this out and introduce other exploits in the process! And if you do not listen, then that's pretty standard for Funcrom!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: February 09, 2017, 08:11:11 PM

But I mean, that's why any sane person has three options with this kind of thing.

1. Solo
2. f13 server
3. Pubs and exploit the shit out of everything for the lulz

I'll stick to 1 and 2, but I see 3 as valid and probably fun. Anyone expecting serious gameplay on a pub gets what they deserve. Never forget UO Atlantic.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: February 09, 2017, 08:25:16 PM

Got it today, it's fun but it does need a lot of work...

I pulled up the map, but didn't appear on it?  Died a couple of times before I ever even ran far enough to show up on it and figure out where I was.  Then more trying to get through packs of enemies to water.

Enemies are way too tough for low-level characters to handle, and xp bogged down around level 7 when a memory leak killed the game.   i restarted back into my local game, to find my character was gone.

Tweaked the xp for run #2 to double, it's going better but that might actually be too fast.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: February 09, 2017, 09:50:23 PM

I bumped up xp slightly on my local game to account for not having other players to share the building or combat. Forget if I did 1.5 or 2x, and only to a couple xp sources (combat and crafting maybe).

Haven't run into any crash bugs *knock knock*
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: February 09, 2017, 09:56:44 PM

I apparently didn't look at the options.  This would probably explain the a level a day I've been grinding.  I hit 14 today, building the great wall of sandstone. 

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: February 10, 2017, 06:44:55 AM

I apparently didn't look at the options.  This would probably explain the a level a day I've been grinding.  I hit 14 today, building the great wall of sandstone. 
I'm all for trying things 'as intended', but even the devs have said they put those in there for people to use. I feel for solo I've hit a decent balance of feeling like I'm not coasting or cheating it. When I needed iron to progress, I was tough enough and had enough skills to go find it and bring it home safely (though it was dicey the first time I hit the oasis).
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #161 on: February 10, 2017, 08:05:25 AM

Yeah, at 1.2 or 1.4 whatever I set, leveling still feels too slow. Was all excited that I hit ten to take Thrall Taking, only to discover I didn't know how to make Leather or Steel. I think the game needs a skill point tweak for playing solo.

I might just use the console to get enough resources for a Truncheon and Wheel of Pain, so I can at least explore those mechanics while I continue grinding. Cause right now the only XP I get is from building, and two hours of that straight barely nets a level.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:07:27 AM by Bunk »

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: February 10, 2017, 08:22:28 AM

I'm all for trying things 'as intended', but even the devs have said they put those in there for people to use. I feel for solo I've hit a decent balance of feeling like I'm not coasting or cheating it. When I needed iron to progress, I was tough enough and had enough skills to go find it and bring it home safely (though it was dicey the first time I hit the oasis).

Oh it was by no means intentional, I just didn't look closely at the options apparently.  f I can change it when I get home I will, but I may just start a new world if necessary.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: February 10, 2017, 08:28:34 AM

Since it's a server setting (even for solo), as long as you change it before launching the server session you should be fine.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #164 on: February 10, 2017, 06:24:58 PM

Are we f13 severing or are we waiting?
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: February 10, 2017, 07:49:19 PM

Bunk, It sounds like your on the right track. You need a leather makers bench or something like that. But you are gonna need bark. Use  a pick on trees to get bark. If you you use an axe you will get lumber and branches, if you use a pick you will get lumber and bark. Now steel your gonna need brimstone. If you followed my earlier posts I will try to state it again. Pull up the map by pressing m. Look at the southern, eastern quadrant and when you get there climb. You are looking for blueish/grayish rocks. In this area are some really odd critters but they will drop brimstone. There are 2 caves in this area. Both have brimstone deposits. There bright yellow you can not miss them. Now both of these caves are crowded. Lots of mobs. Every time a mob hits you in a cave you get corruption (lowers your hit points). The cure for corruption? Hang out with a dancer. So get your wheel of pain and make some gruel while your at it (plant fiber and seeds). When you have a slave dancer have at the area.
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: February 10, 2017, 08:15:01 PM

Lets talk about the points you put into your character. Str doses nothing. Agi does so little it can be ignored. If stamina is a problem for you then grit could be useful. But really stamina is not a problem. So vitality and survival are the only useful attributes.   
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #167 on: February 10, 2017, 08:38:15 PM

Strength points actually do something (1 point = 1% melee dmg bonus), but it's less effective (in PvP at least) to stack strength for extra damage than it is to stack vitality for extra health, it seems. I base this on the following Google Docs spreadsheet, compiled by some people on reddit, which contains DPS comparisons, armor info, recipes etc:

Conan Exiles Mechanics and Information Datasheet (Google Docs)

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
schild
Administrator

Reply #168 on: February 24, 2017, 08:14:56 PM

Ok. I have internet. Should I buy this?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #169 on: February 24, 2017, 08:55:00 PM

The streaming community has mostly given up on it. I don't know the specific reasons for that but to me that implies the game is still too unfinished to sustain people's interest for an extended period of time.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #170 on: February 25, 2017, 05:13:32 AM

3. f13 buys it, becomes the hot new thing, drops it in a week

Spoken like a true f13 veteran.

Made it 10 days, but no comments here in 14.  Save thine cash, Schild.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
schild
Administrator

Reply #171 on: February 25, 2017, 08:27:40 AM

This saddens me.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #172 on: February 25, 2017, 08:41:45 AM

It's very very unfinished and filled with bugs, but I still have a modicum of hope for it.  By the time it's ready to mess with, the price might be a bit happier, too.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #173 on: February 25, 2017, 10:22:39 AM

Early Access just means that f13 doesn't even have to wait for the game's release to give up on it.  why so serious?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #174 on: February 25, 2017, 07:03:47 PM

Early Access just means that f13 doesn't even have to wait for the game's release to give up on it.  why so serious?

What you say is too true for a smiley face!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW]  
Jump to: