Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:16:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: It begins, Steam Winter sale 2015 on now 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It begins, Steam Winter sale 2015 on now  (Read 53661 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

on: December 22, 2015, 10:32:14 AM

It's that time of year again, where we complain about the deals and lament the fact that we already have most of the games on sale.

Edit: And of course Steam is not functioning properly.  It really must be sale time again.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:28:32 AM by Trippy »
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 11:14:59 AM

So are they still doing the 'no more dailies' thing?
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 11:16:49 AM

Coming soon from Ubi, Steam Simulator 1015!

Stave off the barbarian hordes!
Form a civilization!
Discover Electricity!
Invent the Computer!
Sell computer games on physical media!
Invent the Internet!
Wait for the telecoms to install broadband!
Devise a digital distro system!

Put on your Money Hat!

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 11:43:02 AM

I was disappointed to see that Horse Lords DLC for CK2 wasn't on sale but within 30 minutes of noticing it Paradox newsletter informed me that they are having a sale (which thankfully had it for -50%)  awesome, for real
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 12:08:22 PM

Wait, as in, its a mistake and they'll be updating it?  Or Paradox is doing their own special sale on the side while leaving the steam version at full?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 12:11:56 PM

Well this is disappointing. 

The few things I was looking to buy are either not on sale at all (Helldivers) or not on sale at an impulse price (DLC for Dishonored only 50% off).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 12:34:34 PM

I'm in the same boat. Football Manager 2016 isn't even 25% off? ... the fuck?

Capitalists always want to fuck up my Christmas.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 12:39:48 PM

Thread begins to look like an addiction meeting.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 12:47:20 PM

Steam got us hooked on those sweet, sweet daily deals and flash sales, and now daddy needs his medicine.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 01:11:36 PM

It's too much of a pain in the ass to look through everything that's on sale. When all that mattered were the Flash Sales and Daily Deals it was easier; then you just kinda glanced at it on the last day to see if you missed anything.

Of course, that could be my massive backlog and reduced gaming time talking.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 01:16:37 PM

With so many sales on all sorts of gaming sites its no wonder that the only games left for me to buy with a 50% discount are all early access games. I'm not poor enough to wait 12-24 months for games to reach a 75% discount anymore and there are no sweet games that just dropped down to 50% discount.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 01:28:18 PM

Thoughts on Vermintide outside of the couple posts in the actual thread?  Anyone play it for more than a couple matches?  Debating if I'd get $25 out of it, it sort of reminds me of Dawn of War Last Stand mode which I really loved.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 01:33:28 PM

Is that the coop one? Couldn't get into a match, ppl would see my noob rank and instantly leave lobby.

Cities Skylines is 60% off to 11.99. See a number of ppl in the GOTY thread gave it votes.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 01:47:21 PM

Witcher 3 half off is tempting.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 02:16:04 PM

Since people might be struggling for things to look at here's my super early top-8 pool for things I might be buying:
-Leviathan: Last Day of the Decade
-Legends of Eisenwald
-Lisa
-Naruto 3 Full Burst
-Alan Wake (never gotten around to buying or playing this one, might be time?)
-Kaiju a gogo
-SW Empire At War
-LOTR War in the North

I haven't doubled checked if the steam 75% offs are legit good prices on these. I also haven't double checked that they are games worth playing since I haven't played almost any of them. But the thread was depressing me a little.

Here's some no brainers at 75% off if you haven't played them that I have zero doubt recommending at these prices.

-Wolf Among Us. This is crazy worth it at $7, by far my favorite of the TellTale games. So good.

-Banner Saga. Again this is 100% worth the $5. Yes its short. But is wonderful and the gameplay is not bad and the story/setting is fantastic. I love text based choice making that matters btw. If you hate that shit and always want the perfect good end ignore this and Wolf Among Us.

-X-Com. I really really really shouldn't have to tell anyone this at this point. But if you don't think you'll hate X-Com but you haven't bought it. Buy it already.

-EYE Divine Cybermancy. I'm going to plug this because its always worth supporting legitmately crazy jank that is actually fun and a mindfuck. Also 2 fifty. What's to lose?

-TW: Shogun 2 and all its DLC and whatnot are on sale. Its great. I am sorta a weeb. But I'm pretty sure its legit great fun.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 02:24:27 PM

Thoughts on Vermintide outside of the couple posts in the actual thread?  Anyone play it for more than a couple matches?  Debating if I'd get $25 out of it, it sort of reminds me of Dawn of War Last Stand mode which I really loved.

Our dota stack played the extensively for 1 day and we all enjoyed it, but then noone ever logged in again. In my opinion not worth $25.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 02:27:55 PM

I bought Grim Dawn since apparently it will be content complete by the end of the month.  Pretty good ARPG so far but I'm not sure if there is a crafting system.  I haven't seen anything like a forge or something telling me I can craft.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 02:36:44 PM

I just turned my PC on, determined to buy Witcher 3 and I find it's on the Winter sale for $30.  So cool!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 02:51:24 PM

I didn't buy anything, but updated my wishlist to see if I still feel like it when I get back after the holidays.

Witcher 3 @ $30
Legend of Heroes @ $10
Divinity: Original Sin @ $27
Endless Space @ $6

All seem like decent fun to me.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 02:56:41 PM

I can safely tell you it's not time now and probably never will be. It's a game with great production values, a slightly interesting story and depressingly mediocre gameplay.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 03:05:13 PM

I didn't buy anything, but updated my wishlist to see if I still feel like it when I get back after the holidays.

Witcher 3 @ $30
Legend of Heroes @ $10
Divinity: Original Sin @ $27
Endless Space @ $6

All seem like decent fun to me.

I didn't care much for Endless Space but for $6 it's worth a look.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 03:05:38 PM

I bought Grim Dawn since apparently it will be content complete by the end of the month.  Pretty good ARPG so far but I'm not sure if there is a crafting system.  I haven't seen anything like a forge or something telling me I can craft.
Had no idea it would be content complete this year. Grim dawn together with darkest dungeon are the early access titles I have considered the most.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 04:22:13 PM

I can safely tell you it's not time now and probably never will be. It's a game with great production values, a slightly interesting story and depressingly mediocre gameplay.

I really enjoyed Alan Wake.

*shrug*
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 07:51:35 PM

Just bought like $130 in games that I don't actually need right this second, because...#steamsales  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 08:04:25 PM

Finally got around to buying Papers, Please. $4 seems a pretty good price.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 11:00:55 PM

I really enjoyed Alan Wake.

*shrug*

I too, liked Alan Wake.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 01:21:47 AM

I liked the atmosphere and story in Alan Wake, but the absolutely abysmal combat and controls made me quit about halfway through.  It's a game I somewhat regret purchasing, despite warnings, and I say this despite having beaten Deadly Premonitions which in theory has even worse combat, albeit less of it.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 01:43:15 AM

The combat and gameplay of Alan Wake is just fine.  The issue is that after about half way through, nothing new happens and its just the same sort of fights over and over again, so it gets stale before the finish.  I certainly felt the game was worth a play through though.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 05:58:42 AM

Yeah, It would be if I weren't still only about 50% of the way through FO4, PoE and Divinity. Fucking A I never get to finish a game these days.

Oh well, means I'll get it 50% off from $20 sometime in the future.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 06:28:28 AM

Yup, that's exactly how I feel.  I wish I had time to play all this shit.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #30 on: December 23, 2015, 06:38:42 AM

Yup.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 23, 2015, 07:03:55 AM

I was drunk and bought it.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 23, 2015, 07:23:06 AM

It's hilarious that you had to put the caveat of being drunk in there. Don't be ashamed! It's ok to love your games!  why so serious?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 23, 2015, 07:37:05 AM

I wouldn't have bought it sober because I know I have zero time for it.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #34 on: December 23, 2015, 07:40:43 AM

Telltale's Game of Thrones (complete series) is discounted at 66%, € 9.51   awesome, for real

Life is Strange complete is more expensive; discounted at 33%, €13.39  Heartbreak

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: It begins, Steam Winter sale 2015 on now  
Jump to: