Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2017, 02:35:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Battletech - The New Single Player game from those who made the new Shadowrun 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battletech - The New Single Player game from those who made the new Shadowrun  (Read 5471 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: May 12, 2017, 03:59:42 AM

That's looking real nice.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #71 on: May 12, 2017, 11:08:58 AM

Loving the way that looks.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #72 on: June 02, 2017, 03:08:08 PM

Pledgers got access to beta yesterday. I played with it for about an hour so far (only single player skirmish at the moment) and I must say it is really good! A lot of stuff is missing or rough as expected for an early beta but the core seems very solid.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 05, 2017, 06:45:39 AM

So, Baradul (Molten Metal, who some may know from his excellent MWO content) has been playing about with this.  It looks rather spiffy at the moment :

https://youtu.be/b83vG8LV_pg

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #74 on: June 05, 2017, 07:54:47 AM

This looks fantastic. I hope there's a solid 1-player version as I'm totally over multiplayer games once again.

I can't get past the panties - Alluvian
I really like the cocks. - Lantyssa
People rarely believe just how good I am at sucking. - Lantyssa
I love the swinging dongs - Signe
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #75 on: June 05, 2017, 10:10:25 AM

That looks shit hot.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: June 05, 2017, 02:14:51 PM

This looks fantastic. I hope there's a solid 1-player version as I'm totally over multiplayer games once again.

I started playing Friday night and got 15? matches in?  There is still some distance to go for the AI on basic tactics such as don't outrun your support and don't turn your back on the fire team in order to chase that light Mech.  I played it full screen, windowed, and streamed to the living room via Big Picture / Steamlink.   By and large all the pieces of the game work, it runs heavy on memory but doesn't leak, handles sleep and hibernation mid-match, handles alt-tab, etc.  There are control issues to work out, but the program is in better shape than many releases. 

Stability/knockdown feels out of balance, as do many of the pilot abilities.  Right now gunnery and piloting are irrelevant next to Sensor Lock, Precision Strike, and the Evasive Move ability - we'll see if things get better or worse from here out.  The maps, while pretty, do too much in too small a space.  The Camera is also too close, most combat takes place right at minimum range for LRMs so there isn't a lot of pre-skirmish maneuver and can't be a lot of larger scale scouting and indirect fire support (when they expand past 4v4, if they don't also adjust the live maps and camera height).  Map-pan is slow when you move the mouse to the window edge, but WASD is fine - along with QE for rotation.  Keyboard navigation is often faster and more reliable than the mouse.  It took 1-2 hours to get comfortable with the controls, that's 2-4 matches depending on how distracted you get.  Typical focus session is 30 minutes for 15 rounds of combat from launch to victory screen.  They have the pieces in place to do a post-encounter salvage appraisal so high hopes for an eventual fleshed out single player experience.

So, it is easy to play the shit out of this now and I'm looking forward to the full release. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Battletech - The New Single Player game from those who made the new Shadowrun  
Jump to: