Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:16:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Star Wars: Battlefront 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: Battlefront 3  (Read 23051 times)
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: December 14, 2015, 08:14:05 AM

It's cute. Just, no longevity whatsoever. Meaning, it's enjoyable one or two nights. With friends. Good friends.

Its a fun casual game to mess around with on weekends to kill a couple hours. not much depth but it so damn starwarsy I can enjoy it enough for what it currently is and feel I got my money out of it. I however am not doing the season pass unless I see something pretty spectacular.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: December 14, 2015, 12:44:41 PM

It's cute. Just, no longevity whatsoever. Meaning, it's enjoyable one or two nights. With friends. Good friends.

Its a fun casual game to mess around with on weekends to kill a couple hours. not much depth but it so damn starwarsy I can enjoy it enough for what it currently is and feel I got my money out of it. I however am not doing the season pass unless I see something pretty spectacular.

These basically sum it up for me.  I played it a few nights, had fun, never really hooked me.

It did really make me want a new Rogue Squadron game that looks this amazing.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: December 14, 2015, 06:05:29 PM

I will say this, the battle of Jakku is Awesome. Watching a star destroyer slowly crash into the desert surface while a battle rages both above and all around you is amazing. Is it worth the price of the game? Hell no, but it's awesome.
Finally caught this the other night. The Command Ship going down is awesome. Have died a few times just watching it smiley
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #143 on: December 14, 2015, 06:12:48 PM

These basically sum it up for me.  I played it a few nights, had fun, never really hooked me.

Like I said after the beta, it's not a bad game it's just not a $90 game, or even a $60 game.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #144 on: December 15, 2015, 10:01:35 AM

Like I said after the beta, it's not a bad game it's just not a $90 game, or even a $60 $15 game.

Fixed that for you. I think my sweet spot on this game, sans any DLC is about $10.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #145 on: December 16, 2015, 03:12:37 AM

I'll take it if they give me 12 hours free over xmas.  awesome, for real

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #146 on: December 30, 2015, 08:01:05 PM

I ended up caving and buying this against my better judgement. It was discounted down to AU$50, making it effectively $25 each for my wife and I each (I do the family sharing thing across the two PS4s we have). Makes it much easier to potentially get somewhat of our money's worth for it...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #147 on: December 31, 2015, 09:28:36 AM

Son bought it for PS4 with his Christmas money. Played the hell out of it for 4 days and hasn't touched it in two now.

I continue to wonder how the hell you play FPS games on dual sticks, because I can't aim for shit with them.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #148 on: December 31, 2015, 10:31:56 AM

I got this for my brother-in-law for Christmas.  I pondered not getting it due to poor reception/reviews, but I don't like him anyways, so I still got it.   why so serious?

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #149 on: December 31, 2015, 07:50:06 PM

Son bought it for PS4 with his Christmas money. Played the hell out of it for 4 days and hasn't touched it in two now.

I continue to wonder how the hell you play FPS games on dual sticks, because I can't aim for shit with them.

I'm guessing most prefer to just run around in vehicle / turrets.
Those sticks are really good for those.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #150 on: January 01, 2016, 10:43:12 AM

Perhaps. He doesn't care for either, just wants to be the Heroes and fuck shit up so he plays the Heroes vs. Villains mode the most.

Even then I find myself having to point out he'd be far more effective actually, y'know, aiming rather than flailing about with a lightsaber until he's shot down by a non-hero a minute and a half into play.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Star Wars: Battlefront 3  
Jump to: