Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:17:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Star Wars: Battlefront 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: Battlefront 3  (Read 23054 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #105 on: October 12, 2015, 03:30:25 AM

FPS needs a hook for me. It's why CoD bores me yet BF attracts me (vehicles). Even Destiny has a hook (the MMORPGFPS) as well as Borderlands (in co-op) for the RPGFPS. Battlefront should scratch the Battlefield itch, but the vehivles and levelling are badly implemented, so it's more like CoD for me.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: October 12, 2015, 04:48:55 AM

Got in this morning. Multiplayer is fun I thought. I hope they have a single player campaign like Battlefront 2 though. Definitely scratches the Star Wars itch.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #107 on: October 12, 2015, 06:18:43 AM

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #108 on: October 12, 2015, 11:03:57 AM

That was a huge problem through this demo cycle. Too many kids playing the troops and not the objectives. I got the OS power up 2 times as a rebel and spent it on the AT-ATs each time. Other people, not so much...they'd carpet 2-3 troops running around the uplink stations. Made me sad, more so because no coms were working for PS4.

There really just is not enough here to justify spending coin on it, and I am talking about the whole package - all the maps that are coming. Just too thin on gameplay for me that more maps and silly objectives just do not make up for.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #109 on: October 12, 2015, 11:13:21 AM

Yeah, objective gameplay is great on teams and sucks in public. See it enough in WoT and other games where there's an objective and kids just want to deathmatch. "Oh, that light tank trio suddenly capped us because we were all ignoring base. Shit."

Got in this morning. Multiplayer is fun I thought. I hope they have a single player campaign like Battlefront 2 though. Definitely scratches the Star Wars itch.

No single-player campaign. If you check the SP bit you can do survival waves, private matches or the tutorial. That's it for the SP game, this is all about the MP.

I agree it's not worth the $60. If it were $40 I'd be ok with it but not at this price point.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #110 on: October 13, 2015, 09:16:10 AM

Also, wtf is up with the guys able to get 44+ kills and only 3 deaths. I'm ready to believe the aimbot claims since there's only ever one or two guys that can do that while the rest of the teams are down at the 15-20 kill range with far more deaths.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhx33faJ1Q&feature=youtu.be

Seriously, fuck everybody that came up with or uses that.
More, how is that even fun?
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: October 13, 2015, 09:36:43 AM

Yeah, objective gameplay is great on teams and sucks in public. See it enough in WoT and other games where there's an objective and kids just want to deathmatch. "Oh, that light tank trio suddenly capped us because we were all ignoring base. Shit."

No single-player campaign. If you check the SP bit you can do survival waves, private matches or the tutorial. That's it for the SP game, this is all about the MP.

I agree it's not worth the $60. If it were $40 I'd be ok with it but not at this price point.

Yeah the more I played this the closer I'm coming to agreement with this. It looks and sounds gorgeous, the action is fun but it's the equivalent of a popcorn movie. Nothing really to keep me coming back.

Not sure how to break it to my son that galactic conquest mode is not in this game. Legitimately he might cry. (SW BF 2 was the first computer game he ever played)

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #112 on: October 19, 2015, 07:55:48 PM

Also, wtf is up with the guys able to get 44+ kills and only 3 deaths. I'm ready to believe the aimbot claims since there's only ever one or two guys that can do that while the rest of the teams are down at the 15-20 kill range with far more deaths.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhx33faJ1Q&feature=youtu.be

Seriously, fuck everybody that came up with or uses that.
More, how is that even fun?

It's not. But these are the same people that need to win at any cost, so it was never about the fun for them anyway.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: October 19, 2015, 08:50:34 PM

It's not. But these are the same people that need to win at any cost, so it was never about the fun for them anyway.

As someone who tends to like to takes games "seriously" and try to win, I honestly don't think this is it.  I think they get a kick out of ruining the other guy's game.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #114 on: October 19, 2015, 09:26:14 PM

I take them, "seriously" and try to win too, but I'm not going to resort to cheating to do it. And while shitting on someone else's game is probably part of it, it's not the whole thing. They get a little ego boost from being able to break the rules.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #115 on: November 19, 2015, 12:48:11 AM

This is out, and a lot of fun. I still think it doesn't have much longevity unless you are a teenager or younger, and it is incredibly annoying to know so clearly that we pay 60€ for half of the game, as the rest will be released for another 40€ over the next 6 months as "DLC". But it is a tight, very polished and beautifully looking arcadey shooter. Bonus happiness for the speederbike section on Endor which is the 3D tribute to the old Return of the Jedi isometric arcade game as there are a few signature fallen trees that are there for very appreciated nostalgia reasons.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: November 19, 2015, 02:47:46 AM

Not sure how I feel about dropping $110 for this (base game + DLC/season pass BS). It looks great, but EA nickle and dime tactics are still in full effect here.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: November 19, 2015, 02:51:37 AM

Especially not 110$ for a game that, if my calculations are correct, you won't be playing anymore in a couple of weeks. Maybe if you have kids...

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: November 19, 2015, 02:53:01 AM

why so serious?

I spin up TF2 again every once in a while. Fills my FPS itch for a bit.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: November 19, 2015, 08:11:51 AM

If there was a single player campaign in this that looked and sounded this "Star Wars" I'd have been all over it. The catch the look and feel of the Star Wars universe really well. The sound alone is incredible.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #120 on: November 19, 2015, 08:55:08 PM

Same. The multiplayer only leaves me cold, even if I do get to do the Battle of Jakku early.

schild
Administrator

Reply #121 on: November 24, 2015, 07:22:33 AM

I do not give a single rat's ass about Battlefront, but holy fuck: http://imgur.com/a/ib8nW
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: November 24, 2015, 07:24:17 AM

It's too bad you can't play graphics.
schild
Administrator

Reply #123 on: November 24, 2015, 07:33:27 AM

Sure you can, I bet lots of people here bought Giants: Citizen Kabuto at launch and "played" it.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: November 24, 2015, 07:34:46 AM

Dude that game had amazing gameplay and if you weren't talking shit to someone on Roger Wilco while you were throwing them across the map with kabuto you were Doing It Wrong.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #125 on: November 24, 2015, 08:25:05 AM

I do not give a single rat's ass about Battlefront, but holy fuck: http://imgur.com/a/ib8nW

Whoa, that's pretty incredible.  I wonder if it's slideshow gaming at that point though.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #126 on: November 24, 2015, 08:43:14 AM

Whoa, that's pretty incredible.  I wonder if it's slideshow gaming at that point though.

Yeah seriously. That is what I would consider next gen graphics. Wonder how many video cards had to melt to bring us this information.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
schild
Administrator

Reply #127 on: November 24, 2015, 08:55:37 AM

Says on the page he had a 30-40 FPS drop with it turned on, so I'm suspecting something 980 or above to get it playable.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: November 24, 2015, 09:17:25 AM

I want to see a video.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #129 on: November 24, 2015, 02:47:08 PM

It's the same guy who did the GTAV Hyperreal mod. No video posted for Star Wars yet, but here's a GTA vid from the Reddit thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=kHujc-XgtF4

It looks great when standing still or in screenshots but breaks-down in motion.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: December 10, 2015, 01:04:02 PM

I don't know if it's the same mod, but here's a video of a highly realistic mod in movement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: December 10, 2015, 01:07:16 PM

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #132 on: December 10, 2015, 01:33:59 PM

Ya, but then someone finally released the 4K video mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA

Good lord.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #133 on: December 10, 2015, 01:57:19 PM

A fucking week after I bought the game to appease one of my housemates.  He seems to love it, though.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: December 10, 2015, 02:14:59 PM

It's cute. Just, no longevity whatsoever. Meaning, it's enjoyable one or two nights. With friends. Good friends.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #135 on: December 10, 2015, 07:02:06 PM

Should have been another Jedi Knight or single player game with this as MP mode. SW fans buy lots of garbage but DO generally expect some sort of experience that lets them feel heroic, not just bro shooter v. 12.2. 

lesion

Reply #136 on: December 11, 2015, 11:11:08 AM

Dude that game had amazing gameplay and if you weren't talking shit to someone on Roger Wilco while you were throwing them across the map with kabuto you were Doing It Wrong.
FYI this very game is free to grab for a couple days on GOG.com, scroll down about 3/4 on the main page. Multiplayer base wars are the shit.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #137 on: December 11, 2015, 02:48:55 PM

Should have been another Jedi Knight or single player game with this as MP mode. SW fans buy lots of garbage but DO generally expect some sort of experience that lets them feel heroic, not just bro shooter v. 12.2. 

Exactly. I would have bought it. But if you tell me it's mostly multiplayer and no real story or SP campaign? Forget it. I'm not paying you to be lazy.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #138 on: December 11, 2015, 05:12:59 PM

I will say this, the battle of Jakku is Awesome. Watching a star destroyer slowly crash into the desert surface while a battle rages both above and all around you is amazing. Is it worth the price of the game? Hell no, but it's awesome.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: December 12, 2015, 11:02:35 AM

I dunno. Maybe just because of the coming movie or my lifestyle doesn't support the deeper games this season, but I'm enjoying the shit out of it. They totally nailed the Star Wars feel, more because of the SFX and backdrops than anything else. I wish more things were destructible, and that I was better at flying, but otherwise I've already gotten more than my money's worth even if I never pick it up again after Ep 7.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Star Wars: Battlefront 3  
Jump to: