Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:37:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2015 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 College Football  (Read 34376 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 03:37:27 PM

Saturday - Bama vs UGA. That should be the game of the year for the SEC and possibly a preview of the SEC championship. I may just watch it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #36 on: September 28, 2015, 09:31:55 AM

Saturday - Bama vs UGA. That should be the game of the year for the SEC and possibly a preview of the SEC championship. I may just watch it.

I'll be there. And very concerned.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #37 on: October 03, 2015, 01:23:57 PM

Texas is horrible.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 03, 2015, 02:01:31 PM

Bama is making a statement now.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #39 on: October 04, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Wondered if UGA was going to do anything in their first real test.

Answer was no. As usual under this mediocre coach.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #40 on: October 04, 2015, 04:26:20 PM

You have Mack Brown, Jr., with no Vince Young.
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 04, 2015, 04:52:24 PM

At least Chubb carries on the 100y game streak. But yeah, UGA looked great for the 1st quarter, then looked like it realized how big a game it was. That rain didn't help either.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #42 on: October 04, 2015, 06:51:22 PM

Sounds like Tennessee is getting ready to seriously implode.  Rumors floating around that Butch Jones punched a player. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 05, 2015, 03:26:24 AM

Sounds like Tennessee is getting ready to seriously implode.  Rumors floating around that Butch Jones punched a player. 

Whoa.  Really hope this isn't true.  Butch Jones is an outstanding recruiter, but he is way too conservative coaching a game.  I'm putting that as mildly as I can.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #44 on: October 05, 2015, 12:04:55 PM

He, like Mark Richt and Charlie Strong, better start evaluating real estate agents.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #45 on: October 05, 2015, 01:15:48 PM

He, like Mark Richt and Charlie Strong, better start evaluating real estate agents.

We're never firing Mark Richt if he continues to get to the Dome every 2-3 years. NOT FUCKING WIN IT. Just get there. It's nauseating.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 05, 2015, 03:20:18 PM

I didn't mean to imply that I blame all of UT's woes on Butchie.  Our team is a failure at almost all positions.  Our waterboy's pretty solid however.  We had multiple chances to stop the Gators with 4th and long and failed every single one.  Not to take anything away from Florida, but that's just shit.  Pure screaming shit play.

What's crazy is we can play strong for a half; and then faint like southern belles in the second.  Just like last year.  Jones better right the ship pretty damn fast and no I don't care if we have a tough schedule ahead with Georgia etc.; we need to start winning or heads need to roll.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 05, 2015, 03:24:15 PM

We're never firing Mark Richt if he continues to get to the Dome every 2-3 years. NOT FUCKING WIN IT. Just get there. It's nauseating.

There nothing worse than a coach who does just enough to not get fired. Ref: John Cooper 1988-2000. Longest 13 years of my life.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #48 on: October 05, 2015, 05:01:29 PM

I didn't mean to imply that I blame all of UT's woes on Butchie.  Our team is a failure at almost all positions.  Our waterboy's pretty solid however.  We had multiple chances to stop the Gators with 4th and long and failed every single one.  Not to take anything away from Florida, but that's just shit.  Pure screaming shit play.

What's crazy is we can play strong for a half; and then faint like southern belles in the second.  Just like last year.  Jones better right the ship pretty damn fast and no I don't care if we have a tough schedule ahead with Georgia etc.; we need to start winning or heads need to roll.

I think your defense is fine, your QB is just trash throwing the ball. He makes any kind of first down late in that game? It's over. He puts up any kind of real scoring threat against OU in the second half? That games over. He helps them score a single TD at all in the second half against Arkansas? THAT game is over. None of those were on the defense.

You're absolutely right about the second half, and teams that put people away in the second half run the ball well and have a QB who can make 3rd downs. You can stay aggressive with that kind of play. Tennessee hasn't and I don't think they can with Dobbs. But the defense? I watched them demolish OU for 50 minutes and only 3 points. There's no reason that UT shouldn't have been up by 35-3 in that game with no chance of OU coming back. That would have completely turned the tide on this season.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #49 on: October 06, 2015, 10:00:05 PM

Until someone beats them, this year is going to be nothing but tOSU stories. They are fun to watch I guess.

Nobody will beat them. Their schedule is hot garbage of unranked Big10 teams until they get to Michigan State, and no guarantees either Michigan or Michigan State are ranked by then given what I've seen.

I'll take my yearly shot at the Big 10 early for getting bounced in games against BYU, TCU, Utah, Temple, Alabama, Marshall, with an honorable mention for Indiana pulling one out of the fire against stronghold Southern Illinois.

I've said it before, Ohio State is a world beater program playing in an absolute shithole of a conference. They will be favored by double digits every single game left. They are the only thing giving it any national title credibility ever since Michigan went into the shitter.

Guess who's back....back again.....MICHIGANS back, tell a friend.

Utah
L 17 - 24

Oregon State
W 7 - 35

UNLV
W 7 - 28

BYU
W 0 - 31

Maryland
W 28 - 0

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:05:32 PM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #50 on: October 07, 2015, 12:12:13 AM

Give it time.  You'll stink in 2-3 years again.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #51 on: October 08, 2015, 05:17:06 AM

With the exception of BYU, I'm not sure why I should be impressed by any of those wins. I am however very impressed with Utah.

Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 06:29:31 AM

With the exception of BYU, I'm not sure why I should be impressed by any of those wins. I am however very impressed with Utah.

Mainly because a year or two ago, they'd be 1-3 or 2-2 if they got lucky. Now they are actually playing mid-level college football!   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #53 on: October 10, 2015, 11:05:42 PM

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 11, 2015, 04:51:17 AM

Vols beat Dawgs?  What sorcery is this?
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 11, 2015, 06:10:29 AM

UGA played a great first quarter just like in the Bama game. Then the wheels fell off. But hey, at least they didn't lose to Texas.  why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #56 on: October 11, 2015, 11:55:07 AM

UGA played a great first quarter just like in the Bama game. Then the wheels fell off. But hey, at least they didn't lose to Texas.  why so serious?

Emotionally, losing Chubb destroyed our offense. We kept fighting back but then the defense went AWOL. Either way, we suck now. And I'm still wanting to fire our coach.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #57 on: October 11, 2015, 12:05:30 PM

Ok haters, Michigan CRUSHED Northwestern in every facet of that game. Big test coming next weekend, Michigan State. Jim's got these boys firing on all cylinders...and i dont care who they have played a 12 quarter streak of 0 points allowed is impressive. Their d looks to be for real. Run D, strong secondary, pass rush. Good luck Spartans.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #58 on: October 11, 2015, 04:08:22 PM

Ok haters, Michigan CRUSHED Northwestern in every facet of that game. Big test coming next weekend, Michigan State. Jim's got these boys firing on all cylinders...and i dont care who they have played a 12 quarter streak of 0 points allowed is impressive. Their d looks to be for real. Run D, strong secondary, pass rush. Good luck Spartans.

They beat Michigan State the world will pay attention. Until then, meh.

WayAbvPar

Reply #59 on: October 11, 2015, 09:33:24 PM

The fact that someone is excited to have beaten Northwestern still makes me chuckle. They were the butt of many a joke in the 80s and 90s. Although their hoops team was OK on occasion.

Also- wow @ Sark. He seems to have a serious problem. I mean besides being a drastically overrated coach.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #60 on: October 12, 2015, 12:49:10 PM

Florida's QB is suspended for the season for NCAA violation of PEDs.

And lulz Florida.  why so serious?

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 12, 2015, 02:54:01 PM

Going to have a hard time at work keeping my mouth  NDA my bosses are Gator alums.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #62 on: October 12, 2015, 07:02:19 PM

Supposedly Spurrier is retiring today, and they will announce an interim coach.

WTF is going on this season?

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 15, 2015, 10:11:40 AM

Florida's QB is suspended for the season for NCAA violation of PEDs.

And lulz Florida.  why so serious?

This is such BS.  He took an over the counter medication to help him get over the flu.  Bad on him for not checking with his trainers first, but there was zero intent to break any rules.  This should be a one game suspension at most.  The NCAA is so fucked up it's not even funny anymore.  But you guys knew that already.

most often known as Drevik
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #64 on: October 15, 2015, 10:12:47 AM

"over the counter flu meds"

Yes, I'm pretty sure Sammy Sosa tried that one as well.  awesome, for real

I didn't even know they checked for PEDs in college anymore.  I can't remember the last time an athlete was busted for something other than weed.

-Rasix
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 15, 2015, 10:15:29 AM

"over the counter flu meds"

Yes, I'm pretty sure Sammy Sosa tried that one as well.  awesome, for real

I didn't even know they checked for PEDs in college anymore.  I can't remember the last time an athlete was busted for something other than weed.

He had the flu before the Ole Miss game.  He almost didn't start.

most often known as Drevik
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #66 on: October 15, 2015, 11:14:36 AM

This is such BS.  He took an over the counter medication to help him get over the flu.  Bad on him for not checking with his trainers first, but there was zero intent to break any rules.  This should be a one game suspension at most.  The NCAA is so fucked up it's not even funny anymore.  But you guys knew that already.

You're not this dumb. This is the PED defense at all times. I BOUGHT SOME MEDICATION/SUPPLEMENT/CREME AND LO AND BEHOLD! Do you want to explain away the massive weight gain he had year to year as well?

There's no more reasonable doubt. He got caught, and he should own it. But cheaters never own it. It's lying all the way down.

WayAbvPar

Reply #67 on: October 17, 2015, 04:42:39 PM

ROFL at Harbaugh and Michigan. Holy shit what a gag.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 17, 2015, 04:51:23 PM

ROFL at Harbaugh and Michigan. Holy shit what a gag.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  awesome, for real
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 17, 2015, 04:57:54 PM

Oh, Michigan...there are no words.  awesome, for real They will be baying for blood when OSU comes to town now, if it was not Michigan I wish they would have won.  Eat shit, Harbaugh.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2015 College Football  
Jump to: