Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2015 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 College Football  (Read 34367 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: September 06, 2015, 05:01:13 AM

New season, new thread. Let there be blood.

LSU got off to a great start, that being God telling the Tigers to stop toying with cupcakes and play real teams.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25292460/lsu-game-vs-mcneese-state-canceled-will-not-be-rescheduled-

11 games left on the gauntlet including:
Miss St.
Auburn
S.Carolina
Florida
Bama
Arkansas
Ole Miss
TxA&M

What a day... what a lovely day!  ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 07:30:16 PM

Georgia's QB problem seemed to get solved very quickly in our cupcake game.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 08:37:56 PM

Very surprised Urban started Cardale.  His stat line was just ordinary enough to keep the QB competition alive if we have games like PSU or Indiana last year.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 08:11:23 AM

The Braxton Miller spin move is going on the 2015 Best Plays of the Season reel.

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 08:26:28 AM

Very surprised Urban started Cardale.  His stat line was just ordinary enough to keep the QB competition alive if we have games like PSU or Indiana last year.

JT Barrett should have started. If they wanted to run that option stuff to loosen up the Bear front why in the hell would you not use your better running QB? All he does when he comes in is rip off a 40 yard run and then throw a 26 yard touchdown pass. If Barrett starts I really think OSU hangs 60 on them.

Not entirely happy with that game. There was too much freelancing on defense and VT exploited it, and if their QB doesn't get hurt this was a much closer game. I know Bosa was out but that defense needs to improve.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 09:01:06 AM

Until someone beats them, this year is going to be nothing but tOSU stories. They are fun to watch I guess.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 09:52:26 AM

Until someone beats them, this year is going to be nothing but tOSU stories. They are fun to watch I guess.

Nobody will beat them. Their schedule is hot garbage of unranked Big10 teams until they get to Michigan State, and no guarantees either Michigan or Michigan State are ranked by then given what I've seen.

I'll take my yearly shot at the Big 10 early for getting bounced in games against BYU, TCU, Utah, Temple, Alabama, Marshall, with an honorable mention for Indiana pulling one out of the fire against stronghold Southern Illinois.

I've said it before, Ohio State is a world beater program playing in an absolute shithole of a conference. They will be favored by double digits every single game left. They are the only thing giving it any national title credibility ever since Michigan went into the shitter.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 09:53:58 AM by Paelos »

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 11:46:31 AM

Nobody will beat them. Their schedule is hot garbage of unranked Big10 teams until they get to Michigan State, and no guarantees either Michigan or Michigan State are ranked by then given what I've seen.

I'll take my yearly shot at the Big 10 early for getting bounced in games against BYU, TCU, Utah, Temple, Alabama, Marshall, with an honorable mention for Indiana pulling one out of the fire against stronghold Southern Illinois.

I've said it before, Ohio State is a world beater program playing in an absolute shithole of a conference. They will be favored by double digits every single game left. They are the only thing giving it any national title credibility ever since Michigan went into the shitter.

The rest of the Big 10 except for Michigan and Michigan State is content to take the TV money and go through the motions of fielding a team, and that's why Gary Andersen left Wisconsin. It's the college football equivalent of La Liga.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 12:06:24 PM

Yeah that's probably true.

Oh and there's 10 SEC teams in the AP top 25 today. That's ridiculous. There's no way ten teams should be ranked. Then I thought around college football and went.

Big 10 - Ohio State and Mich St.
ACC - Clemson, FSU, and GA Tech
Big 12 - OU, Baylor, and TCU
Pac 12 - USC, Oregon, UCLA

That's basically the 12 teams right now that I think look like they have a title shot at the playoff in the other conferences. So yeah, I guess we've come to a weird time when most conferences are becoming extremely top-heavy.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 06:21:33 PM

JT Barrett should have started. If they wanted to run that option stuff to loosen up the Bear front why in the hell would you not use your better running QB? All he does when he comes in is rip off a 40 yard run and then throw a 26 yard touchdown pass. If Barrett starts I really think OSU hangs 60 on them.

Not entirely happy with that game. There was too much freelancing on defense and VT exploited it, and if their QB doesn't get hurt this was a much closer game. I know Bosa was out but that defense needs to improve.

I also came away vaguely dissatisfied.  I was firmly on Team Cardale all offseason, but that was premised on someone replacing Devin Smith in the burner role.  I was not unhappy with the receivers yesterday, but nobody really tried to separate 50 yards downfield.  Defenses will not care about Cardale's arm if nobody can catch it.  And in the absence of that factor (and the advantages it gives Elliott) Barrett is the superior runner and short/intermediate passer.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 10:57:50 AM

Week one of CFB at least has the kickoffs. Have you seen the Week 2 schedule? It's so terrible.

There's maybe 5 interesting/close games to me not counting my UGA/Vandy game which only I'll care about.

Notre Dame @ Virginia
OU @ Tennessee
Kentucky @ South Carolina
Oregon @ Michigan State
LSU @ Mississippi State

Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 12:36:53 PM

Got a sinking feeling that this is the Mad Hatter's swan song season. No way he gets out of this with less than 4 losses... and it probably starts this weekend.

I have a serious issue with my favorite teams not having a QB. It is becoming a condition I think...

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 01:30:32 PM

I'd have put LSU and MSU on the CBS game instead of Vandy and UGA. I have no idea why in the world my game got that slot. It's going to be ridiculous. Vandy will get buttstomped.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 04:01:19 PM

Bleh, OSU-Hawaii was the most atrocious 38-0 win you'll ever see.  Defense gets an A- (Hawaii's offense looked like it would be pretty helpless even if we didn't bother them), offense gets a D and special teams get an F.  Please sponsor  some dorm kicking competitions and make the winner the starter. 

The biggest gripe I have about this game is that Urban didn't structure it in a way that gives us any QB clarity.  You want to take Cardale out after two sucky quarters?  Fine, but keep J.T. in the rest of the game and REALLY find out who can rally the offense.  Giving J.T. one or two series, and then having Cardale (and again J.T. at the end) hand off the entire second half tells you nothing.   

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 06:23:38 AM

The good news is OSU has 2 more games to figure it out before they even get to conference stuff.

Oh and lulz TN and AK, two of the most overrated programs from pre-season talk ever. Get a real QB you orange assholes.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 06:25:28 AM by Paelos »

Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 02:44:23 PM

The good news is OSU has 2 more games to figure it out before they even get to conference stuff.

Oh and lulz TN and AK, two of the most overrated programs from pre-season talk ever. Get a real QB you orange assholes.

Watch it...

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 03:50:02 PM

Heh sorry but I have a Tennessee fan in my circle who will not shut up about Dobbs. I'm like...

He's done nothing yet. He said he wouldn't trade him for Maty Mauk. I'm like, you mean the QB with a 130 rating, 2 East titles and beaten you twice? I don't understand Vols thinking they've made it. They are getting better but good lord, dial back the insanity.

Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 04:14:39 PM

I can't even comprehend how LSU has been above .500 each year without a QB. Hopefully Fournette stays healthy.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 03:09:43 PM

Heh sorry but I have a Tennessee fan in my circle who will not shut up about Dobbs. I'm like...

He's done nothing yet. He said he wouldn't trade him for Maty Mauk. I'm like, you mean the QB with a 130 rating, 2 East titles and beaten you twice? I don't understand Vols thinking they've made it. They are getting better but good lord, dial back the insanity.

I'm not thinking the Vols have made it.  Didn't think that before the OK game.  I think we'll have a good season, but I'm not running out buying Vols SEC East Champion t-shirts just yet.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 05:20:53 PM

I rewatched the Game. The Vols defense is pretty awesome, holding OU to 3 points for 50 minutes. Losing Meggitt was a shot though.

The offense had it 17-0 with 12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, and never sniffed again. I was just shocked. The field position was great too. Scoring anything wins that game. It was like watching the Florida game from last year.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 12:56:56 PM

Good games this weekend hopefully.

UGA v. SC
Ole Miss v. Bama
LSU v. Auburn
GT v. Notre Dame
BYU v. UCLA

Oh and USC v. Stanford could be interesting if Stanford doesn't trip over their own dicks.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:58:35 PM by Paelos »

Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 06:42:05 AM

UGA v. SC
Ole Miss v. Bama
LSU v. Auburn
GT v. Notre Dame
BYU v. UCLA

Oh and USC v. Stanford could be interesting if Stanford doesn't trip over their own dicks.

UGA v. SC and Ole Miss v. Bama will be laughers...or at least should be. The LSU game makes me a little uneasy.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 19, 2015, 01:26:08 PM

Ohio State is losing 10-3 in the 2nd quarter, courtesy of 3 turnovers, including 2 interceptions by the same damn guy.
NIU was feeling generous and gave one of those back, or it'd probably be 17-3.

Meyer has been talking up the Huskies all week, but I don't think he was expecting his own players to fuck up this much.
Go Bucks  awesome, for real

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 19, 2015, 07:37:19 PM

Cardale Jones is overthinking everything. I was afraid of this when he threw a TD pass against Va Tech and you could see Meyer got in his face for throwing it.

I think they're really missing Tom Herman right now. His playcalling was a little suspect last year but I think Warriner is in over his head.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #24 on: September 19, 2015, 08:11:07 PM

Georgia beat the piss out of SC. Which is good. Very good.
LSU beat the piss out of Auburn. Which is also good. Very good.
Ole Miss is beating Bama at the half, which is hilarious because Bama has buttered the ball.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 19, 2015, 08:11:55 PM

Cardale Jones is overthinking everything. I was afraid of this when he threw a TD pass against Va Tech and you could see Meyer got in his face for throwing it.

I think they're really missing Tom Herman right now. His playcalling was a little suspect last year but I think Warriner is in over his head.

That may be. But, Warriner didn't turn the ball over 5 times.

I'll take the W in any case  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #26 on: September 19, 2015, 10:27:59 PM

Suck it, Nick Saban.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 10:33:54 PM

Ole Miss has a real offense. I honestly didn't expect this.

WayAbvPar

Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 10:44:46 PM

Suck it, Nick Saban.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

This. Forever and ever, amen.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 10:50:36 PM

Suck it, Nick Saban.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Arizona had a fun game against a glorified community college. Our 2nd string QB just ripped off two consecutive 70+ yard TDs.  awesome, for real

And the 3rd stringer just ran in a 43 yarder.  Yeesh.  Stop guys. Our defense did look pretty bad for the first 20 minutes of the game.  Then they remembered we're playing a team from Flagstaff.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:54:43 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 03:10:07 AM

Ole Miss has a real offense. I honestly didn't expect this.

Oh wow!  What a lovely day!
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 20, 2015, 03:47:03 AM

UGA v. SC
Ole Miss v. Bama
LSU v. Auburn
GT v. Notre Dame
BYU v. UCLA

UGA v. SC and Ole Miss v. Bama will be laughers...or at least should be. The LSU game makes me a little uneasy.

I fully stand corrected.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 09:03:43 PM

Holy shit, Utah.

Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 05:38:58 AM

Holy shit, Utah.

Yeah they looked like the real deal. Where is that lawyer at? It's looking like his team's year.  awesome, for real

That said, Oregon is done without Mariota.

Oh and it looks like Michigan is breaking back into the top 25 on Harbaugh's name alone because they certainly don't look great, but did win I guess.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 07:28:39 AM

UCLA is the real deal this year, I think they make the playoff.  Texas and Tennessee need to sacrifice some baby goats to whatever dark force TCU contracted with.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2015 College Football  
Jump to: