Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2018, 07:39:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Stellaris - Paradox goes to space 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stellaris - Paradox goes to space  (Read 16298 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

http://tinyurl.com/d89qk7g

Reply #175 on: January 28, 2018, 12:41:29 AM

I actually like the sector concept.  The point is building an empire means having an an increasingly inefficient bureaucracy that has a harder time managing resources, and also creates more localized identities that can lead to separatism.  I actually wish they'd expand it a bit more.  The big problem I feel with CK2 and EU4 is that ones you build a big empire, the game gets easy.  They need to make them so that, while it gets easier in certain aspects (generating men, money, and hard power), the game gets harder as managing such a thing is really difficult and your empire tries its damnedest to break apart at all times.  Even if flawed, the sector concept is the first time I've seen them actually consider this in their games.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: January 28, 2018, 09:52:42 AM

If sectors were more like an ambitious dynastic rival in CK2 that could be interesting--if you had to keep an eye on them that way. Just doesn't seem like that's the way it is for now--I just create a sector to handle growth and ignore it, mostly. Sometimes I shuffle stuff around so I can hand-manage newer systems or colonies to get them to grow quickly or optimally.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

http://tinyurl.com/d89qk7g

Reply #177 on: January 28, 2018, 10:20:11 AM

Yeah, I guess I should say I like the concept, but they need to flesh it out more.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: February 16, 2018, 02:07:17 AM

2.0 'Cherryh' patch notes are out (unusually a week before the actual patch hits). A lot of changes and the dlc that's coming is the first one for Stellaris that I'll be buying at release instead of waiting for a few patches.

edit:obligatory "What They Actually Mean" reddit post
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:30:32 AM by satael »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: Today at 04:28:54 AM

My first impressions of the big update are that they've made expansion much more intuitive, and the balance between star bases and colonies more sensible.

But there are a bunch of bugs especially wrt wars. Admirals keep going awol, war exhaustion keeps being built up by the ai winning imaginary battles.

Don't know if intentional, but it really seems like a 4x game set in EVE online now.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: Today at 03:18:34 PM

I was wondering what was happening with the admirals.

Though it seems to me also that leaders now survive their ships being blown up, which is interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Stellaris - Paradox goes to space  
Jump to: