Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:58:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Hackers release all Data from Ashley Madison Dating site. Verdict: Juicy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hackers release all Data from Ashley Madison Dating site. Verdict: Juicy  (Read 19735 times)
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: September 18, 2015, 10:25:20 AM

I saw it that you thought because the owners were sleazy people capable of lying for profit, we shouldn't trust the lists.  I get that isn't what you meant, now.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #71 on: October 10, 2015, 05:06:48 PM

Just to follow up on this: I currently have 14 emails in my spam folder trying to blackmail me, all claim to have my contact information from Facebook (not possible, my permissions there have been locked down since certain trolling events last year) and say they will tell everyone about my cheating ways if I don't send bitcoin to an address supposedly created specifically for me (but most of these mails have several explicit recipients, and don't give my name so presumably we're all targets).  Most are asking for 1 bitcoin, which is around $240.

Since I'm divorced and never actually signed up for Ashley Madison (I assume somebody did it to hassle me over something I did that pissed them off), I don't give a rat fuck. But I imagine that some people are actually biting, since they keep coming. This one is typical:

Unfortunately your data was leaked in the recent hacking of Ashley Madison and I know have your information. I have also used your user profile to find your Facebook page, using this I can now message all of your friends and family members.

If you would like to prevent me from sharing this dirt info with all of your friends and family members (and perhaps even your employers too?) then you need to send 1 bitcoin to the following BTC address.

Bitcoin Address:
[...]

You may be wondering why should you and what will prevent other people from doing the same, in short you now know to change your privacy settings in Facebook so no one can view your friends/family list. So go ahead and update that now (I have a copy if you dont pay) to stop any future emails like this.

You can buy bitcoin using online exchanges easily. If the bitcoin is not paid within 3 days then my system will automatically message all of your friends and family members. The bitcoin address is unique to you.

Consider how expensive a divorce lawyer is. If you are no longer in a committed relationship then think about how this will affect your social standing amongst family and friends. What will your friends and family think about you?

Sincerely,
Laura

--Signature Unclear
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #72 on: October 10, 2015, 05:48:17 PM

I'd bet money that "Laura" is a 23 year old Romanian dude.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #73 on: October 13, 2015, 01:35:21 AM

I'd bet money that "Laura" is a 23 year old Romanian dude.

Nah, just actual Russia.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Hackers release all Data from Ashley Madison Dating site. Verdict: Juicy  
Jump to: