Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:39:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Fallout Shelter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout Shelter  (Read 15663 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: August 13, 2015, 08:39:06 AM

Making a thread now since the Android version got released today.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutshelter

Enjoy :D

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:34:55 AM

They did something to power -- mine is draining a lot faster now. I had to add more power and destroy my extra set of training rooms to get things to a manageable level. They also made raiders move through rooms more quickly so you may need to better arm the dwellers in the rooms in the far right. And they didn't fix the fucking Rush button UI so if you are rushing for an objective the fucking button still gets obscured. They did color code item rarity when you are out in the wasteland (but not in storage) which is nice.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 10:13:05 AM

Trexels is a way better game imo.  If you like Fallout Shelter, you'll love Trexels way more (unless you're just not into Trek at all).   I give Bethesda a pass because both games were devved around the same time, but had FS came out afterwards it'd be a complete failure by comparison.

Also, the documentation is atrocious and the tut useless.  Are there even any minigames here??  I'm hoping at least the training room unlocks something. Does it?  Because if not, there's really not much here worth fapping over.

The worst flaw?  There's no reason to build anything.  I could leave my shelter at 16 dwellers and the game would just keep playing at max homeostasis, it seems.  There's no impetus to do anything, which is a basic game design fail.  I say this after 1 day playing, so maybe the game ramps up the random occurrences that are beyond my control?   I will assume so.

So I guess I'll "explore" (laugh) and just give everyone guns and we're good.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 10:21:25 AM

Dammit, still can't play it on my Kindle Fire.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 02:40:22 AM

You're not missing anything.  Ghambit has it right, This is a cash grab game with nothing beyond "push button on timers to grind caps".  The only minigame is trying to inbreed for stats and that fails.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 04:05:02 AM

Playing it on my phone and, yeah, not so crazy about it.  I have a fully stocked base but my people don't generate enough power and water to keep them happy.  I have a med bay but no lab to make the rad away and I need to because all of my people are halfway dead from radiation.  But if I do that then I need more power/food/water so not sure I'll get them healthy and happy without paying and I'm not doing that.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 07:23:51 AM

Yeah your population needs to be a certain size to get over that resource management mini game. Also upgrading rooms so they generate and store more resources is better than more rooms of that same resource early on.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 11:13:17 AM

Can you speed up time or do you just have to wait for this old man to die?

- Viin
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 11:14:07 AM

No time speed up.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 04:19:43 AM

Came here to say what you all said. Also gets more and more fiddly as your population grows and mobs get tougher. Battling to select the correct worker and stim them before they die isn't espeicially fun. Probably less annoying on a tablet - but click and wait real time games obviously want to be on a device that is always in your pocket.

And load times are ridiculous.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 05:27:47 AM

I'm actualy at 200 ppl (max) with steady resources income. What is left is just to make ppl more happy (not all are doing something), max their level (which is 50 and can be done really quick during exploration), max their stats and just wait for collecting all outfits, weapons and people.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 08:42:01 AM

I'm ok with this game. I only ever play while I'm on the can why so serious? so I don't mind the waiting. Coupled with not being very "in your face" about the whole microtransactions thing, I find it alright for a mobile game. I've been on their shop page like, once, when I clicked just to explore the UI in the beginning, and other than that I haven't seen anything that tries to trick/push/prod/convince me to spend money. I approve of this approach.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 10:45:32 AM

Cash shop struck me as afterthought. Whole project feels like a marketing gimmick with the cash shop tacked on because hey why not.

Viewed as a free marketing gimmick it was good for an hour.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 11:18:02 AM

I was going to buy a few when they had the 50% off July 4th sale cause I just started playing and the few that I got through the game gave me some juicy rewards including Elder Lyons and Star Paladin Cross and I wanted more of those kinds of things but they ended the sale early. Now I have no interest in buying any cause 95% of the ones I open have 500 caps as the best card.
Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 11:29:10 AM

If you wanna check out a the swag that is to gain via boxes there is a savegame floating around on reddit with ~1000 boxes.

It makes the game pretty trivial of course but I just did it to check all the goodies that were unaccessible via normal gaming.  The game was just a silly little timewaster anyways so nothing of value was lost.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 12:26:25 PM

Are there any rewards planned for Fallout 4 for playing this?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 08:38:11 AM

Whole project feels like a marketing gimmick with the cash shop tacked on because hey why not.

Well, duh. I had and continue to have low expectations because this was clearly just a promo game, but it helps me kill some time when I want to. I like that there is little consequence for ignoring it for days.

I have never played WoW.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #17 on: March 12, 2016, 10:01:45 AM

Big update adds crafting to the game. They also fixed the issue with the game not loading as you approach or reach 200 dwellers, at least for me.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-shelter-update-1.4-crafting-barbershop-new-rooms-and-more/2015/02/29/85
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 02:03:13 PM

Big new update adds an overseer's office, from which you can send dwellers on specific wasteland quests (as opposed to wander'n'collect excursions)

Also, now available on PC !!!!! DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Jade Falcon
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 02:09:01 PM

They did a pretty good job with these little quests.I haven't tried it again on my phone but the pc version is a fun back ground time killer.They've also added random locations dwellers that are sent out to the wastelands can run into and explore.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 08:43:04 PM

Reloaded to give this a shot again. Holy heck. This is one of the better time wasters available now. Good, fun stuff.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Fallout Shelter  
Jump to: