Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:48:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting  (Read 95665 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: September 29, 2015, 10:55:03 AM

I'd buy another Tab for $15 right quick.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #106 on: September 29, 2015, 11:01:49 AM

ditto

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #107 on: September 29, 2015, 02:17:07 PM

For $15 I'd want like 5 more, but yes.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: September 29, 2015, 03:10:27 PM

I can only assume they are either going to announce an f2p like system of some sort or an expansion at Blizzcon.  There's no way they can keep giving us so many free updates without the higher ups realizing that all these people are spending hundreds of hours and not paying anything in a year and a half....
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: September 29, 2015, 03:45:04 PM

I'm with Ironwood, I'd like to be able to have a char for each class set.  But I'd also like to have more stash space because there are plenty of orange items that would work/help for different sets.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #110 on: September 30, 2015, 06:46:52 AM

I've noticed that I don't seem to have an alternate weapon set.  Or it's very hard to see.  Since I still haven't found any key icons on my map, it could be me.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: September 30, 2015, 06:54:52 AM

You mean like in old Diablo where you could put two weapon sets in and swap them with a key ?

Yeah, you don't get that.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #112 on: September 30, 2015, 08:02:07 AM

Like in DII:LoD as well as Path of Exile. Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: September 30, 2015, 08:09:24 AM

Yeah, you don't get that.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: October 02, 2015, 06:50:13 PM

I'm remembering why I quit last time.

I can't seem to get out of Torment 2-3.  I don't die but I can't seem to get enough damage to progress.  The fact that I just went 4 rifts with barely any blood shards and zero legendaries isn't helping either.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: October 02, 2015, 07:27:00 PM

I'm remembering why I quit last time.

I can't seem to get out of Torment 2-3.  I don't die but I can't seem to get enough damage to progress.  The fact that I just went 4 rifts with barely any blood shards and zero legendaries isn't helping either.

Are you in the F13 Clan?  If so message me through there or accept my friend request (Drevik#1955).  I can carry you through some rifts/grifts to get some upgrades and over the T2-3 hump.

most often known as Drevik
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: October 03, 2015, 10:13:36 AM

Appreciate it.  I"m not in the F13 clan (in some 2-3 person clan with a real life buddy for no real reason). 
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: October 03, 2015, 10:55:34 AM

There's an F13 clan ?

Fucking Euro Servers.   Heartbreak

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: October 03, 2015, 11:04:37 AM

It's ok, I'm on the North America server (even though I've lived in Europe for the last 3 years), and I just found out there was an F13 clan at the same time as you.   awesome, for real

Guess I should maybe like, join or something.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: October 03, 2015, 11:21:46 AM

Holy fuck, 16 treasure goblins at once.

Arg.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #120 on: October 03, 2015, 12:29:27 PM

I originally set it so everyone in the F13 clan has the ability to invite. If you're friends with us on Battlenet and you see us in Diablo just ask to join.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: October 03, 2015, 06:02:52 PM

There's an F13 clan ?

Fucking Euro Servers.   Heartbreak

Can you play on US servers?

I'm on a lot - Xanthippe or Xanthippe#1829 (I don't know which one is the one to use) and can invite. Should I just promote everyone?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 06:59:27 PM by Xanthippe »
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #122 on: October 03, 2015, 10:39:47 PM

Would there be any reason why Greater Rift Keys all of the sudden stopped dropping for me?

-Rasix
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: October 03, 2015, 10:46:47 PM

I just had one drop at T2 for my crusader and they seem to always drop at T7. I went 4 from 4 runs on my monk a few hours ago.

On a side note, with a maxed red gem in my helm and hellfire jewellery and a level 70 weapon that was accessable at level 30, it just took me over 5 hours to hit 70 from scratch. At level 30 I was raking in XP at Torment 2.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: October 04, 2015, 06:21:28 AM

Would there be any reason why Greater Rift Keys all of the sudden stopped dropping for me?

If you have a stack of them in your stash, check the count before and after you run the normal rift.  I didn't pay attention but I think new keys may be deposited straight into your stash checked, that's false, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 06:56:46 AM by ajax34i »
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: October 04, 2015, 06:41:13 AM

If you have a stack of them in your stash, check the count before and after you run the normal rift.  I didn't pay attention but I think new keys may be deposited straight into your stash.

T6 and above they are a guaranteed drop. From T1 through T5 they have an increasing chance to drop.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #126 on: October 04, 2015, 11:14:50 AM

Thanks for the input.  My seasonal monk is still pretty new. I was just on T1 and got 3 of them out of my first 3 rifts.  Then like none in the next 4.  Then I got one after I bitched here.  awesome, for real

Been a struggle to get relevant drops, so the power curve for me is going up pretty slow.  Just got that 2 set bonus that applies your exploding palm every 3 resource builder hits.  That's absolutely hilarious when combined with the lightning fist that arcs. 

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #127 on: October 04, 2015, 11:24:26 AM

There's an F13 clan ?

Fucking Euro Servers.   Heartbreak

Can you play on US servers?

I'm on a lot - Xanthippe or Xanthippe#1829 (I don't know which one is the one to use) and can invite. Should I just promote everyone?

If you don't then I will when I get online. No reason to not and I was promoting everyone when we started at launch.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: October 04, 2015, 03:47:36 PM

Thanks for the input.  My seasonal monk is still pretty new. I was just on T1 and got 3 of them out of my first 3 rifts.  Then like none in the next 4.  Then I got one after I bitched here.  awesome, for real

Been a struggle to get relevant drops, so the power curve for me is going up pretty slow.  Just got that 2 set bonus that applies your exploding palm every 3 resource builder hits.  That's absolutely hilarious when combined with the lightning fist that arcs. 

As I said above (and this goes for anyone)...I'm always willing to carry people through rifts/grifts for loot.  I have 3 toons that can carry a whole group through T8 with no issue.  I get increased drops for every person in the group so it helps more than it hurts.  Friend me (Drevik#1955) or ask for an invite to the F13 clan (if not already in it) and you can just jump into my game at any time.  If you have a Wiz or Witch Doctor I'll even run that toon and give you my drops as well if it's a good useable drop I don't need (only a few ancient pieces I need at this point).

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #129 on: October 04, 2015, 04:14:20 PM

Clan is at Max officers allowed. I've edited the clan settings so even members can invite. I thought I had it that way to begin with.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: October 05, 2015, 02:14:47 AM

So, a Ramalamalamalamadingdong item dropped for me.  I can now socket a nice weapon.

I can't find clarity on what the hell I should be using this on.  Clearly, it's so rare that I'd like to not fuck up.

What's the 'ideal' for one of these beasts ?

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: October 05, 2015, 03:29:40 AM

So, a Ramalamalamalamadingdong item dropped for me.  I can now socket a nice weapon.

I can't find clarity on what the hell I should be using this on.  Clearly, it's so rare that I'd like to not fuck up.

What's the 'ideal' for one of these beasts ?

Ancient Legendary is all I ever socket with the exception of "just" legendary Flying Dragon for my monk. Ideally I want the Ancient bonus with a socket added.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: October 05, 2015, 03:57:35 AM

Yup, Good Call, but what are the 'must haves' on a weapon these days ?  It used to be primary stat, attack speed and crit, but there's also +damage these days which can be a huge 10% boost.

What do you chaps look for in a weapon ?

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: October 05, 2015, 05:23:27 AM

Yup, Good Call, but what are the 'must haves' on a weapon these days ?  It used to be primary stat, attack speed and crit, but there's also +damage these days which can be a huge 10% boost.

What do you chaps look for in a weapon ?

It depends on your toon/build.  The basics are Ancient, a high damage range roll (if you hold Ctrl over the weapon it shows you the max rolls for every stat), +Primary Stat, +%Dmg, (stat based on build for example +Attack Speed).  If it has all those things than you can consider going for it.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #134 on: October 05, 2015, 05:59:48 AM

I have somewhat decided that I can't worry much about weapon selection for now, which is why my lv70s are all using 2h weapons instead of something more class-appropriate.  Doing the math over if I can get a dagger+mojo which outdamages the Butcher's axe isn't something I salivate at the thought of.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: October 05, 2015, 06:11:48 AM

IMO:  2h weapon if you mostly use cooldown skills, and each hand if you have spammable skills and weapons with legendary powers that you want to have.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #136 on: October 05, 2015, 07:21:06 AM

For good or ill, my pantsless lady is using Haunt and Piranha Pond, plus the grabby hands.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #137 on: October 05, 2015, 09:21:46 AM

I'm finding my monk has to do a shitload of running around not dying while waiting for 7sided to come off CD now that I have gundos bracers and ulinayas full set. It's obnoxious but goddamn do things just explode on that cd timer. I'm hoping I can get some survivability gear to drop or at least the Diabo with the 7sided cd reducer.   

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: October 05, 2015, 11:01:14 AM

Key part of that build is having The Flow of Eternity power in your Kanai's weapon slot.  Also, make sure you're using the Sustained Attack rune with 7 Sided Strike, obviously.

For survivability, Binding of the Lost will cover the entire gap between 7 sided strikes with huge damage reduction (if you have Eternity that is).

A good way to get the eternity is to use the cube to upgrade Rare Diabo's.  There aren't that many Legendary Diabo's out there, so odds tend to be pretty good.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:04:42 AM by Teleku »

-Stephen Colbert
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #139 on: October 05, 2015, 11:16:48 AM

I'm finding my monk has to do a shitload of running around not dying while waiting for 7sided to come off CD now that I have gundos bracers and ulinayas full set. It's obnoxious but goddamn do things just explode on that cd timer. I'm hoping I can get some survivability gear to drop or at least the Diabo with the 7sided cd reducer.   

That's my Wizard Archon build in a nutshell. CD up, blow shit up. CD off, throw arcane at everyone to slow them while I run away.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting  
Jump to: