Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:10:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting  (Read 95771 times)
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: September 25, 2015, 05:38:46 AM

He hits ASDF or right mouse.  I think he's over-estimating how precise you need to be in this game and/or really got his shorts in a bunch because he wanted to move but ended up attacking and it got him killed.  Also, if you hold shift down you fire at the mouse regardless of what is under it.

Don't let the "doing it wrong!" sway you, just another strong opinion on the internets.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #71 on: September 25, 2015, 05:42:34 AM

I've been on the internet for almost a week and I think I know what to expect.

In the monk department, everyone gets some Exploding Palm and whoever dies first is the winner.  So I'm pressing some 2 and LMB a lot.  Is this loser talk?  Please rate me.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: September 25, 2015, 05:48:05 AM

WTF, you didn't say, "noob", "doing it wrong" or "fail".  F
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: September 25, 2015, 06:09:09 AM

I've been on the internet for almost a week and I think I know what to expect.

In the monk department, everyone gets some Exploding Palm and whoever dies first is the winner.  So I'm pressing some 2 and LMB a lot.  Is this loser talk?  Please rate me.

This is exactly what I'm doing.  I forget to use the other buttons sometimes.  It's literally punch and palm.  Everything dies.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: September 25, 2015, 09:23:45 AM

Don't let the "doing it wrong!" sway you, just another strong opinion on the internets.
Hey, stop being sensible when I'm trying to start a holy war.

But yeah, I just mean that if clicking a lot bothers you there's nothing stopping you from assigning your spammier abilities to the keyboard. Then you have to assign random buffs/cooldowns to the mouse buttons (since the game won't let you remap your primary/secondary skillslots to keyboard keys), which is sort of weird but you get used to it quickly.

I actually do this in shooters sometimes too, which is where the mouse precision becomes more important.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: September 25, 2015, 12:34:03 PM

Somehow while I was extracting powers using the cube, I accidently changed my RoRG to something else. No wonder yesterday was so difficult. My build depends upon my 6th power from my set, and I am only wearing 5 pieces.  Head scratch
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: September 25, 2015, 12:50:55 PM

You lack Discipline.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #77 on: September 27, 2015, 04:22:49 AM

You guys also realize you don't need to spam click, because you can just hold down either mouse button and the game will auto spam the attack as fast as possible, right?   awesome, for real

Still pretty much have to farm one RoRG per character, but one is definitely cubed.  Right now I'm wearing one while using the Fire Immunity from the cube.  But once I complete ring sets, it is probably cube RoRG depending on build.

I'm only GR28, and it seems that a lot of later builds just wear all 6 pieces... so maybe its an early/mid-game issue.  But yeah, right now RoRG is about as "fun" as "Inventory Management"
A lot of builds have cut RoRG out now actually.  Since a lot of builds require the 6 piece bonus, it's hard to get 3 pieces of another set in to get a worthwhile 4 piece power.  So the end result is that basically, RoRG is a stand in for another armor epic power, since it frees up exactly 1 slot in these builds.  If there is some awesome hat or something you really need (and the armor cube slot is already taken), sure.  Most of the time though, slotting in some other jewelry power is considered better.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:25:09 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: September 27, 2015, 07:23:16 AM

Heh heh heh, nope, I didn't know that.  Thank you.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: September 27, 2015, 03:38:01 PM

Hey, stop being sensible when I'm trying to start a holy war.

But yeah, I just mean that if clicking a lot bothers you there's nothing stopping you from assigning your spammier abilities to the keyboard. Then you have to assign random buffs/cooldowns to the mouse buttons (since the game won't let you remap your primary/secondary skillslots to keyboard keys), which is sort of weird but you get used to it quickly.

I actually do this in shooters sometimes too, which is where the mouse precision becomes more important.

This has been bothering me.  You gave good advice for someone who has plans to do hardcore, because having an attack on the left mouse will get you killed when the mob density gets large and you need to move NOW, and you don't because you attacked instead of moved.  I just assumed that Yegolev was taking a more casual approach to this, and didn't really need hardcore advice.

So... good advice, cept for casuals.

Why do I let things like this bug me?  I don't know.  I'm broken, I guess.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: September 27, 2015, 03:58:19 PM

I went up to T6 pretty quickly but can die super fast if a jailer or arcane beam hits me.  I need more legendaries.

You need Countess Julia's Cameo.  It's beautiful.

I still have not seen one of these. I get countless of sames but not others. I wonder if they popped it up to T8 or beyond this season.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #81 on: September 27, 2015, 05:46:19 PM

Nope, I snagged one during leveling. It was like lvl 52, then I cubed it well after 70.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: September 27, 2015, 09:18:08 PM

Nope, I snagged one during leveling. It was like lvl 52, then I cubed it well after 70.

I wonder if it shows up more for some classes? I have a WD and barb this season.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: September 27, 2015, 11:43:50 PM

Pretty sure it is down to RNG just being Random.  I have one seasonal character atm, a Monk, and i think the Curio was the second legendary neck that dropped for me.  Meanwhile I think i have burned about 10000 blood shards and still  dont have either focus or restraint.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: September 28, 2015, 01:51:13 AM

Yeah, the RNG can be brutal.  For example, I have one of every one of those 'protect you from shit' necklaces except the fire.  But I DO have that ring that lets me stand in the fire and recharge resource, as long as I don't mind dying.... 

Also, the wife has now had THREE seasonal legendary potions.  I still haven't seen one on any character ever.   Heartbreak

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 28, 2015, 04:18:09 AM

It's the Cindercoat for me this season.  Normally I have dozens of them drop for me, but this season I can NOT get one.  I can't even hazard a guess how many Blood Shards I've spent on chest pieces between my WD and Wizard.

most often known as Drevik
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: September 28, 2015, 06:31:55 AM

Fuck this game ...... for getting me completely sucked in again.

I have no idea how to evaluate what to reroll on my gear.  It seems completely unobvious for me.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #87 on: September 28, 2015, 07:20:18 AM

Just play with shit until it's fun.  That's what I've been doing since I got sucked back in this weekend.  (Thanks again to Xanthippe for the power-level)

Finding a legendary weapon set recipe that gave me +100 resist and 10% attack speed was awesome. As was getting some legendaries with useful affixes like "7-sides strike hits 7 more times," so I built around those.

Is it one of the 'optimal' builds? No, that's what farming is for. However, I'm doing good and able to kill bosses now, where the "Exploding Palm uberbuild" of the month was just getting me killed since I didn't have the gear for it. Not being able to spread EP or have it do massive damage means the reliance on non-spirit-builders can really fuck a guy.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #88 on: September 28, 2015, 08:00:54 AM

Since you mentioned the EP build, I was angling that way but I seem to have created a Thorns build instead.  I'd show you but looks like I don't have the authenticator installed on my main phone.  Something about occasionally doing 1000% of your thorns damage to enemies, combined with a basically absurd* about of life leech on hit, and the legendary that makes you occasionally explode.  EP is an afterthought at the moment.

The main problem is that I have that staff that makes everyone run away from me.  I'm sure I'll find a higher-damage weapon sooner or later.  I created a 50% Cains set but I didn't have the expected loot-enema afterward.

* For someone not quite in Torment but maybe soon.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 28, 2015, 08:35:37 AM

Nothing really interesting happens until Torment I... if you look at the fine print on the difficulty levels it says on Torment I that "new Legendary items become available at 70"  Now that *could* mean 70 on all difficulties, but my experience suggests that I need to actually move to torment to get the new Set Legendaries to drop (I've yet to do the double blind test on this).  A full set of crafted 70 gear with some 70 uniques has been enough for me to at least crack open Torment.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: September 28, 2015, 09:29:08 AM

When I first hit 70, I crafted myself a Sage's Set and a Cain's Set when I could, and then ran T1 public rifts and bounties. I couldn't quite handle split bounties (which is what public bounties are) so mostly ran rifts until I could - although no one complained when I couldn't handle it or was running the bounties too slowly.

I usually hate public groups but this game really lends itself to them. And the loot drop is remarkable in comparison. I'm surprised there aren't more people leeching - it doesn't really matter much unless you get more than one in a group, and that's only happened to me maybe twice out of the tens of groups (hundreds?) I've been in.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #91 on: September 28, 2015, 10:08:25 AM

But I hate people.  Maybe I'll try it soon.

Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: September 28, 2015, 12:17:46 PM

If anyone needs to do some split bounties and sees me on, let me know. (Stinkfist in game) I'm happy to join in and much prefer not playing with random jackasses. 

Also if anyone wants to level a new character, I can help with that as well.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #93 on: September 28, 2015, 01:02:54 PM

My monk has been level 70 for all of a day and I can do Torment 1.  A large portion of this IS the legendary patterns I got when doing bounties this weekend. My gear is 3 different set pieces (monk shoulders, two weapons and a ring) and a bunch of Legendaries that dropped when I opened the loot explosions. By no means a powerful set, but like I said - make it work for what you've got, even if it's "sub-optimal."  After all +20% lightning damage vs +0% cold sure makes a bunch of different runes more attractive than the cold/ physical stuff people suggest.

Even if you hate people, get in an F13 group, Yeg. There's enough folks putzing around at higher torments than I am and bounties are quick runs. They don't bite much, either.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: September 28, 2015, 02:01:55 PM

The Gem of Ease is fucking hilarious.  Utterly fucking hilarious.

schild
Administrator

Reply #95 on: September 28, 2015, 02:34:26 PM

The Gem of Ease is fucking hilarious.  Utterly fucking hilarious.

The Gem of Ease is the perfect example of a set of game designers knowing what consumers want.

Shame you can't just start with it in Season mode. Or just start with a level 70 off the bat. The road to 70 is purely an exercise at this point.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: September 28, 2015, 02:51:33 PM

Yeah, that's the problem with it, really;  by the time you've GOT a level 25 one, you don't really NEED a level 25 one.

But it's still fucking hilarious.  Stuck it in that 2 hander that makes things explode for your life on kill damage.  It has 12k life on kill on it.

When the Crusader went into Torment 1 at level 1, everything on the screen exploded.  And kept exploding.  For 45 more levels.

Fucking.  Hilarious.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: September 28, 2015, 04:19:39 PM

I thought we can only put gems like that in jewelry.

EDIT:  Oh I see, most legendary gems say "Can be inserted into jewelry with sockets", Gem of Ease says "Can be inserted into a weapon with sockets".  I'll have to level it up, then.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:28:18 PM by ajax34i »
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: September 28, 2015, 07:31:02 PM

Just play with shit until it's fun.  That's what I've been doing since I got sucked back in this weekend.  (Thanks again to Xanthippe for the power-level)

Well I"m having fun and my gear allows me to do torment 3 pretty well, just trying to figure out how you advance past that.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: September 29, 2015, 01:25:56 AM

I'm going to reiterate how odd I find it that this game became good.  I also find it hilarious how badly wrong they got it, as evidenced by the constant change in decisions.  I was thinking of this as I realised that people are building item sets in order to make the skills Not Suck and give them Choices They Do Not Normally Have.

But props to them for making it fun anyway.  If only we could have either unlimited chars or chars that meant something beyond items.  Or infinite stash space.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: September 29, 2015, 04:31:43 AM

More character slots would be nice, I've deleted several level 70s.  I would stab a bitch for another stash tab though.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #101 on: September 29, 2015, 04:46:42 AM

With no custom appearances and all Paragon points being shared across the account, what's the point of more character slots? I've got to ask because I literally don't see the advantage. Nostalgia? Making equipment swaps easier?

Stash space you can never, ever have enough of. I have a feeling that adding more would become a RMT thing, though.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: September 29, 2015, 05:11:09 AM

In honesty, trying to avoid equipment swaps.....

More Chars = more stash space anyway, so why not wish for it ?

I did make the point (and have done previously quite a bit) that there's no point in multiple characters beyond 'keeping' a build and items in one place.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: September 29, 2015, 05:23:16 AM

Well, if we had more stash space I wouldn't care about the character slots as much.  I have a few characters I'm keeping in Standard because they are holding equipment because my stash is full.  I have a few Hardcore characters as well.  Then you have your Seasonal characters.  My Seasonal stash is full as well so I've started making multiple characters of the same class just to hold all the equipment to run multiples builds.  For example I'm about to make a second WD so I can have one that runs HT + Sage for DB farming and another that runs a pet build.  It minimizes the pain of completely swapping builds and also clears up some stash space.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: September 29, 2015, 05:25:19 AM

I'm dreading this season ending, to be honest.  I'm going to get so much fucking mail with items in it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting  
Jump to: