Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:39:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Space Cop 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Space Cop  (Read 5468 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: July 18, 2015, 03:40:20 PM

Space Cop Trailer #1

I am legitimately more excited about this than anything Marvel or DC are doing.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 03:42:37 PM

As a pretty big fan of RedLetterMedia, I've been looking forward to this for a while.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 04:44:25 PM

There wasn't a single even slightly amusing second in that whole trailer, why exactly are you guys looking forward to this?

I am the .00000001428%
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 05:43:36 PM

There wasn't a single even slightly amusing second in that whole trailer, why exactly are you guys looking forward to this?

Because I don't hate fun.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 05:45:04 PM

This looks like an attempt to make something so bad it's good, except it's even worse than that and just plain bad.

Also great evidence for the theory that being a good critic doesn't mean you'll be a good creator. I like RLM well enough but this is just terrible looking on every level.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 05:51:04 PM

Also, I enjoyed Feeding Frenzy quite a bit, despite the star (Ron Lipski) having the charisma of a boiled turnip.  Rich and Mike starring in this one themselves guarantees it'll be better.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 07:26:54 PM

All in on this.   Heart
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 07:46:27 PM

This looks like an attempt to make something so bad it's good, except it's even worse than that and just plain bad.
+1
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 09:49:55 PM

This reminds me of the pizza roll parts of the Pinkett reviews - and I really didn't think those were all that funny.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 11:04:33 PM

I'm sure they had fun filming it....

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 01:54:47 AM

Looks like a one-note joke without the joke.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 06:27:01 AM

+1

+1

This would be bad to watch even as a YouTube video.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 07:36:21 AM

Sign me up for team headscratch, this doesn't look at all good

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 10:49:11 AM

Red Letter Media have been losing their edge for a while now and Space Cop seems to follow that trend (though I still enjoy their Best/Wheel of the Worst shows alot).
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 11:45:31 AM

The goofy "host segments" during Half in the Bag (and BotW to some extent) where they add completely unnecessary depth to their bizarre little fictional universe never fail to delight me.  I'm hoping we'll see a little bit of crossover in the movie, the way that Feeding Frenzy had (fake) Plinkett as one of the main characters.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 11:05:20 AM

At some point you just have to wake up and realize it's just. not. fucking. funny. no matter how ironic or whatever the fuck it's trying to be.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 01:00:07 PM

I have a feeling the Kick starter trailer for Kung Fury will have provided me with more laughs than this entire movie will.  That looked terrible.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 07:58:59 AM

I just got my copy of this in the mail yesterday. I haven't watched it yet and I probably will not get a chance until next week. I'll report back after I've seen it.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 02:49:50 PM

Ordered my blu-ray a few days ago when I heard they were back in stock.   Popcorn

schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 06:58:57 PM

this looks like total garbage
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 11:41:15 AM

Can't be many good jokes if a guy turning around and walking into a door is one they're going to put in the trailer.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 11:49:41 AM

Watched it last night.  Not my favorite thing RLM has done, but it was definitely more entertaining than I Am Legend.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 02:24:22 PM by Samwise »

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 10:00:01 AM

It was a little overly self-referential, I think. It was clearly made for RLM fans and I don't see much appeal to other audiences. I mean, granted, that's probably who is going to watch it, but for my wife, for example, I had to explain things a little too often (why is this stunt double so obviously not actually the same person playing Space Cop?)

Still, enjoyed it well enough, and I'll watch it again with commentary at some point.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 11:42:00 AM

I enjoyed it much more with the commentary.  Not because it was super amazing stuff, more that I appreciated the work and care they put into it better.  I agree wholeheartedly that it is mainly for RLM fans.  Most of the smiles and laughs it got out of me were from noticing all the references.

All the deliberately bad/cheap/awkward stuff aside, I was impressed at the production values.  This wasn't a good movie, or a good bad movie, but it was well made for what it was.  If it helped them fund more episodes of Best of the Worst, then I am happy with my purchase.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 09:44:02 PM

Putting this here since it seems to fit more than the actual thread for the movie:

http://redlettermedia.com/the-plinkett-awakens/

The Plinkett Awakens Trailer

I actually think Mike's Emperor impression is pretty amazing.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Space Cop  
Jump to: