Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:59:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Inside Out 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Inside Out  (Read 9964 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 02, 2015, 08:08:53 AM

Usefully cynical fun-sucking.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #36 on: July 02, 2015, 08:20:18 AM

Murdering the feelings of fun.

"Me am play gods"
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #37 on: July 02, 2015, 05:35:12 PM

I really don't like Pixar movies in general - they're so formulaic and none of them have really spoken to me, until this one. As someone who has struggled off and on with going through really fucking sad times but refuses to self diagnose as depressed, this movie cut deep.

Oversharing, of course! :) It's just easy to get caught in a cycle of feeling sad, then feeling guilty about being sad, which increases the sad, etc.. And this movie makes a sensible point that feeling sad is okay as long as it's tempered with the good times, too.

It's been awhile that a movie has affected me so strongly. I can't say it's a good movie, but I'll say it was my favorite Pixar movie.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 03, 2015, 01:50:27 PM

This movie was incredibly smart and funny. Absolutely fantastic.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 03, 2015, 07:24:10 PM

Just got back from seeing this.  I enjoyed it, felt it was well done, but am not in major love with it (and wondering why based on everyone else's feelings).  Could have waited for home video release but the rug rats wanted to see it...
WayAbvPar

Reply #40 on: July 03, 2015, 08:10:53 PM

Agreed.  It was also incredibly moving emotionally, especially dealing with Riley's memories as a young kid. I had tears in my eyes for most of the 2nd half of the movie.  I am looking forward to seeing it again to pick up all the little nuances that Pixar hides in there. Also, Lewis Black should have a role as Anger in every movie made  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 05, 2015, 08:41:38 PM

Walked out of it at the end, couldn't really think of anything positive to say about it compared to other Pixar movies. It was pretty damn average and felt forced throughout.

7yo daughter wasn't that fussed about it either - she said it wasn't as good as Up.

Herman's Head did it better

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 07, 2015, 10:16:29 AM

Haven't seen it a second time yet, but it was dangerously close to being in the upper level of Pixar movies for me. My fiancee already thinks it may be her favorite. Could just be a case of recent-itis of course.

beer geek.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #43 on: July 07, 2015, 10:20:17 AM

This forum never ceases to deliver with sharply contrasting views of the same movie.   awesome, for real

Haven't seen it yet.  Everybody I've talked to that has says its robot Jesus.  Guess I'll give it a go when I get back to Moscow.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #44 on: July 16, 2016, 11:52:30 PM

Agreed.  It was also incredibly moving emotionally, especially dealing with Riley's memories as a young kid. I had tears in my eyes for most of the 2nd half of the movie.  I am looking forward to seeing it again to pick up all the little nuances that Pixar hides in there. Also, Lewis Black should have a role as Anger in every movie made  awesome, for real

Just caught up with this and Way again proves we are brothers from another mother.  My 12 year old got choked up about Bing-Bong as well proving he is a solid soul.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #45 on: July 21, 2016, 11:26:10 AM

Thumbs up!

I still need to go back and watch it again. I will have to ask Mr. TiVo to find it for me.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Inside Out  
Jump to: