Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:10:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Armored Warfare 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Armored Warfare  (Read 31727 times)
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 27, 2015, 07:13:16 AM

This game feels much more arcadey than WoT and I'm not entirely sure I like that.  I like using more modern tanks and a PvE mode, though. Especially since the PVP matches take between 3 and 5 mins to set-up when I feel like playing and the PvE took about a minute.

Once again it looks like people will prefer PvE over PvP by about a 3:1 ratio when given the option. Quelle surprise!

I don't think that's the case with World of Warships, but the rewards for playing PVE in that game are horrible compared to pvp.  As far as I can tell from what I read on the forums, PVE in AW is very lucrative which gives very little incentive to jump into the PVP queue.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 28, 2015, 10:10:30 AM

PVE is nice to have but gets boring fast. So far my favourite line is the Wheeled TDs. The Dragoon and ERC are particularly powerful, the APS on the ERC is very useful with all those missile spammers. The one in the middle (LAV-300) is difficult to play though, poor gun depression and large size.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #72 on: October 28, 2015, 10:45:05 AM

Running into the same problem here as in WoT- SO. MANY. TERRIBLE. PLAYERS. It feels like 90% of the matches are complete routs. Nothing more fun (especially as arty, which they force you to fucking grind by hiding the good commanders there) than looking up 2 minutes into a match and see that 6 of your teammates have thrown their tanks away without killing a single enemy among them. Scouts who hide in the back, MBTs who are afraid to to get shot by anything, arty who do nothing but try to CB all game long, etc.

Hell is other people.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 29, 2015, 02:51:55 PM

Yeh the player base is just as aggravating as Wot.

So seems if you bought premium time in the last month, they refunded all the gold. Something to do with the server instability I've been told. Worked out nice for me, cause I ended up buying the Emperor pack on top of two months premium. Now I just have a ton of gold.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: November 01, 2015, 06:48:56 AM

Haven't had a server disconnect since the last patch, seems much more stable now. Also fixed the ramming damage bug.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #75 on: November 01, 2015, 08:17:35 AM

I'm enjoying hopping-in and running a few PvE matches. So long as I avoid PvP I'll avoid spending money and raging at my team and my own shitty play. (And any future Stats mods that double down on both factors)

Liking it a lot, just feels a little too fast.

ed: As if to reiterate how terrible the playerbase is. I failed a PvE mission just now. Tier 4 medium mission, I was in the T-62, bottom tank. I got top tank with more spots, kills and assists than the #2 tank, a light Tier4 and was within 800 damage of the T4 MBT.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:35:28 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #76 on: November 02, 2015, 09:40:59 AM

So I've watched some PvE in this game and it looks like mini missions with enemy tank spawn points that replenish if you hang about. Is that accurate? Basically a Call of Duty model?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #77 on: November 02, 2015, 10:17:46 AM

From what I've seen they spawn based on the objectives of the map.  The one I failed on was an assault on a chemical plant, you had to capture the base which works similarly to the WoT capture circle.

The various AFV and MAs and MBTs in the first wave were set in place but had to be scouted out for you to see them. (or wait for them to see you and fire on you) There was a 'reinforcement' spawn that came from the edges of the map once we started the capture cycle. That seems to be the most standard set-up at the low-end.

I had another mission where there were a series of 3 capture circles with a timer, each with 3 waves of enemies but I've only seen one mission like that so far.

The reason we failed is the PC AFVs like to think they're MBTs and REALLY want to get kills. Since they have fast reload/ fire vs. an MBTs main gun they'll sit there and just lay into an NPC tank not realizing they're trading 25-35% of their hitpoints per kill.  So when the last wave spawns it's fairly easy for them to get cleaned-up by one or two light tanks or enemy AFVs. Particularly so when they just sit in the damn cap circle with no cover.  awesome, for real

My MBT died because I didn't have any fire support and had to 'tank' 4 different NPCs firing on me while the sole Arty player was positioned uselessly as he couldn't hit the capture circle from where he was at on the map.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Armored Warfare  
Jump to: