Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:21:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warships 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Warships  (Read 241580 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: November 13, 2015, 01:52:08 PM

And a wild Chinese knock off appears.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/390670/
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #491 on: November 14, 2015, 05:22:15 AM

you may choose 6 types of warships used in the World War II to fight the 16vs16 battles.
Never change, stereotypes.   awesome, for real

Edit:
Oh god, in their promo cinematic video on steam, they have the USS Iowa power sliding into the side of the Yamato, and shooting it point blank execution style.  Real ultimate navel combat!

I'm downloading this right now for comedy.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 05:35:15 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: November 14, 2015, 09:31:11 AM

you may choose 6 types of warships used in the World War II to fight the 16vs16 battles.
Never change, stereotypes.   awesome, for real

Edit:
Oh god, in their promo cinematic video on steam, they have the USS Iowa power sliding into the side of the Yamato, and shooting it point blank execution style.  Real ultimate navel combat!

I'm downloading this right now for comedy.

Don't bother.  I did the same thing yesterday and I can confirm it's garbage.  It even had a few system messages in very bad broken Engrish.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #493 on: November 17, 2015, 03:32:59 PM

And a wild Chinese knock off appears.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/390670/
But they added submarines! swamp poop
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: November 17, 2015, 05:12:31 PM

There are no subs in the game.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: November 17, 2015, 05:22:18 PM

There are no subs in the game.

Ah...yeah there is.

"Game Features:
Essence of team play: Tactics first

6 warship types and over 100 famous warships with distinctive features.
    Steel Ocean presents the 6 most representative warships of the modern and contemporary naval system, namely, destroyer, light cruiser, heavy cruiser, battleship, carrier, and particularly the “deep sea killer” – submarine, appearing for the first time."

Not talking about World of Warships here.  It's the cheap Chinese version that just launched on Steam, Steel Ocean.
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: November 17, 2015, 07:53:22 PM

k cause I patacheed up and loaded wows and theres no sub. And the devs have said there will be no subs. I'm an ex sub sailor and I love sub sims. But wows is a surface combat game.
WayAbvPar

Reply #497 on: November 18, 2015, 10:11:03 AM

k cause I patacheed up and loaded wows and theres no sub. And the devs have said there will be no subs. I'm an ex sub sailor and I love sub sims. But wows is a surface combat game.

If you can't be bothered to use capitalization and punctuation, why should anyone bother reading what you write? Please make a better effort to make your posts semi legible.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: November 18, 2015, 04:42:46 PM

So the answer is don't post only lurk. And I've been doing that for near 20 years. You get your wish. Grats and stuff.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #499 on: November 21, 2015, 02:07:16 PM

Don't give then the satisfaction, they think way too highly of themselves.

The ranked battle system is fucking traumatic. The chances of winning two games in a row to move up a rank are very slim.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: January 05, 2016, 05:11:32 AM

Love the Missions and Challenges system. I think it's mostly what already is in WoT, but it just works better for me in this game.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:06:44 AM by Bungee »

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: January 05, 2016, 09:07:22 AM

I like having a goal, although some of the missions kind of skew the game play.  For instance watching a carrier ignore a BB that was capping to completely focus on a cruiser that was no threat to anyone. All because the anime skin Kongo unlock starts with destroying x number of cruisers.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: January 06, 2016, 02:57:22 AM

Yeah they are fun. Just got my premium Kamikaze from running in the Asia server competition. It was a bit of a grind but fun. More importantly, I love its camouflage look, it's fantastic. I'm trying to get into the current comp for the Arpeggio ships - at least the Myoko.

Gratuitous shot of the Kamikaze attached

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: May 20, 2016, 11:08:53 AM

So, still playing this quite a bit and I've finally managed to get my first tier 10 ship, the Soviet cruiser Moskva.  It's been pretty much as I expected it to be, which is hilariously OP in many situations but having nearly the turning radius of a battleship.  I actually had my best game ever damage wise today, 162K+, with over 80k+ being fire damage.  You really need the tier 5 captain skill that reduces visibility plus the concealment upgrade...plus camo...to really make this ship work because it has a stock visibility of 18km, which is worse than some battleships.  Also, getting the demolition expert skill, which increases the chance to cause a fire by 3%, is a must because it brings you up to a 20% chance to cause a fire.  I wouldn't recommend Soviet cruisers if you're a new player but they are fun to play, in a glass cannon that can do a shit load of damage but turns really, really slow kind of way.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #504 on: May 24, 2016, 09:46:45 AM

I'm still playing about 1-4 battles a day on this. Its rare to get good fights, win or lose. Sooo many bad players that don't understand basic fleet positioning, even at the high levels. Like a 3 or 4 cap point map where 2 of your battleships end up hunkered up in a corner clutching their handbags while the enemy caps it all.

This is a game I can take in small doses but know that if I play for too long I'm going to get mad as hell.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: May 24, 2016, 04:50:30 PM

I'm still playing about 1-4 battles a day on this. Its rare to get good fights, win or lose. Sooo many bad players that don't understand basic fleet positioning, even at the high levels. Like a 3 or 4 cap point map where 2 of your battleships end up hunkered up in a corner clutching their handbags while the enemy caps it all.

This is a game I can take in small doses but know that if I play for too long I'm going to get mad as hell.

So, just like World of Tanks? awesome, for real
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: May 25, 2016, 04:16:55 AM

99 ships in port - I have a fucking sickness I swear. T9 Iowa and Fletcher are as high as I've gone.

Having said that, I've had some disgusting losing streaks and between that and (some of) the horrible grinds for the ARP ships, I need a break :)

My biggest hate is pushing either as a BB or DD only to find the rest of my team playing long range games. It's not a meta, it's stupidity

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #507 on: May 25, 2016, 08:43:58 AM

Sometimes when the whole fleet acts in some relative degree of cohesion, has a conversation as to what needs to be done, and people compliment each other on good shots/torps, it makes it almost worth the nausea of the bad shitfest fights. Almost.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: June 03, 2016, 01:15:33 PM

I've finally reached "my goal" for this game by acquiring the Yamato.  I've only played 7 games in it so far but I'm averaging over 93k damage.  It's guns are as deadly as you might imagine (I deleted a Montana that was over half HP at point blank range), gotten a few destroyer kills with the secondaries and I've gotten the AA up to 93 so it eats planes alive.  It probably turns slower than any BB I've played so far but even that's workable.  So far, the two tier 10 ships I have (Moskva being the other) have been very fun and I haven't yet felt the frustration of tier 10 play.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #509 on: August 19, 2016, 01:14:26 PM

So, still playing this.  It's pretty much my main game atm.  As an update, there is now a full German battleship line in game (patched in this week, OMG Bismarck how I love thee Heart) and a Royal Navy light cruiser line coming soon.  I believe they plan to separate all the cruiser lines for each nation into light and heavy eventually.  Light cruisers have guns with a caliber under 200mm while heavy cruisers with guns over 200mm.  

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/rule-britannia/
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: August 21, 2016, 11:02:21 AM

Royal Navy might make me start playing again. I loved the gameplay of the Warspite and stiff upper lip and dibdibdib.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: August 21, 2016, 07:41:39 PM

Royal Navy might make me start playing again. I loved the gameplay of the Warspite and stiff upper lip and dibdibdib.

They buffed the Warspite a bit, improving it's armor and survivability.  Range and turret rotation speed is still it's biggest weaknesses.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #512 on: August 24, 2016, 06:01:07 PM

I'm still playing this too as my main game. God knows why.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: August 24, 2016, 06:54:00 PM

Played a few games on this last night. Tried out the early German cruisers and liked them. However I lost all but one of my games, and all for the same reason, I'm waaaay too aggressive. I would always wind up being among the first in the thick of the fight which means I would be among the first to detonate. Kinda frustrating.

Anyway I would have thought they would have upgraded the interface by now, but aside from a very basic search engine its still pretty much the bare bones it had in beta.

So fun to play around with but not very sticky.

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: August 25, 2016, 01:47:55 PM

I think I'm up to 111 ships in my harbour on my SEA account, everything up to T7 minimum except for German battleships and US Carriers (T6) and Japanese Carriers (T5). US is at T9 BB and DD and the  rest of my US & IJN ar T8.

I ground through all 6 ARP ships and the new SEA quests for them. I think it's plenty sticky!

BTW, I love the simple UI - it does the job nicely especially now that smoke circles and damage meters are in-game.

My only dislike is team mates in PUGs and being stuck in the ARP port.

I tend to be aggressive too, which is bad on SEA as the meta there is ranged games - but if I get support then we tend to wreck the other side... if!

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: August 28, 2016, 02:50:53 PM

Playing the Bismarck with a full secondary build is  awesome, for real Heart.  Being able to pummel other ships with secondaries at 10.6 km racks up the damage pretty quickly, usually between 30-40k damage with fires and direct shots in addition to whatever you do you your main guns.  I've probably gotten 20 or so Close Quarters Expert achievements on the Bismarck in the 36 games I've played in it and I'm averaging over 70k damage a game.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #516 on: August 29, 2016, 06:46:13 AM

In a moment of weakness I purchased the Scharnhorst. Its great, cept for the dispersion and weak-ish HE shells. I mean, I beaned a Benson 6 times with an HE shell and only whiddled him down to half. I don't mean 6 volleys, but 6 hits with HE. So, basically, cruisers still have the main role of hunting DDs. Scharnhorsts are CA killers, but not DD hunters. Just in case you were considering it.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: August 29, 2016, 07:01:24 PM

In a moment of weakness I purchased the Scharnhorst. Its great, cept for the dispersion and weak-ish HE shells. I mean, I beaned a Benson 6 times with an HE shell and only whiddled him down to half. I don't mean 6 volleys, but 6 hits with HE. So, basically, cruisers still have the main role of hunting DDs. Scharnhorsts are CA killers, but not DD hunters. Just in case you were considering it.

On that note, I wouldn't bother getting the Dunkerque.  It seems significantly weaker than any of the other tier 6 BBs, inc. the other premium ships.  On the other hand, the Bayern is fantastic and a much better ship than it's French counterpart.  I've only played a limited number of game with each but disparity is striking.

http://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1000381928-Ginaz/!/pvp/overview/
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #518 on: September 01, 2016, 02:54:41 PM

Don't get me wrong, the Scharnhorst is an amazing ship and I wouldn't take it back.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #519 on: September 19, 2016, 07:01:51 PM

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/09/19/wows-qa-19th-september-2016/

WoWS Q&A – 19th September 2016
2016-09-19 ~ Sebastianul   

Thanks to Babykim, EU

Summary of an interview with Daniil Volkov on Wargaming.FM

1. We plan releasing another branch this year, in addition to the new Japanese destroyers and the British cruisers.

2. In 2017 we plan to release four new branches, and the German carrier Graf Zeppelin.

3. The depot is coming relatively soon.

4. We are seriously looking into the submarines, as they are in popular demand. They will probably not come in 2017, but likely at a later date. One alternative considered is having submarines as bots.

5. The new Japanese destroyers and the British cruisers are scheduled for 0.5.12, if they finish testing in time.

6. We do not like firing from invisibility. Destroyers firing from smoke are fine, but not battleships. We are working to change the gameplay.

7. We are satisfied with the current complexity of gameplay, and would rather make a bit more complex than simpler.

8. We are working on gameplay on high tiers towards less dominance of the battleships and more room for the cruisers.

9. We are not satisfied with the carrier gameplay, and are working on a better interface for them.

10. The lags in port will soon be addressed.

11. This year will see another major rework of the captain skill tree, and an early version of clan functionality.

12. Daily missions will soon be replaced by containers shown at Gamescom 2016.

13. We focus equally on all regions. The Russian market is most difficult, because the immensely popular WoT drains many players form ships to tanks.

14. Our most mature playerbase is in NA (average age 40 years), the youngest in Asia (25-27 years).

Update: The Russian battleships definitely not coming in 2016.

Submarines. And they don't like firing from invisibility.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: September 20, 2016, 10:35:12 AM

By "equally" they mean "fuck SEA" :(

Premium shop is the worst of all the regions and considering it has the youngest population according to their stats, it has the worst meta of "fire from range".

I wish I could transfer my SEA account to the US.

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: October 12, 2016, 04:44:24 AM

Containers will apparently be in the next upcoming patch. Sounds like a nice idea and quite similar to what Hearthstone etc. do. You can buy up to 3 containers per 24h depending on how much XP you accumulated (considering all possible modifiers such as premium account of course) in that 24h time frame and then have some drop chances for flags, credits, doubloons and even ships.

On an unrelated note I can't believe how much I suck with the Zao. I just can't seem to make that ship work for me. Either I'm too aggressive and die instantly or I'm too far back and can't do shit. I never had problems with playing any IJN cruisers or any cruisers at that and am doing quite well with the Pensacola but the Zao just eludes me.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #522 on: October 12, 2016, 08:59:28 AM

I just got into the Ibuki not too long ago and I'm having either feast or famine matches with it. I either get unlucky and get citadelled on an evasive turn or I survive the fight all the while doing evasive techniques.

One key factor for me having better matches with the Ibuki (and I imagine the Zao is the same) is to have max camo. That means 5th captain camo skill, the expensive camo modification, and of course the actual lowered visibility camo. This gave me a 'quiet' rage of 9.5 km, essentially allowing me to make round about blitz attacks to then flee with silent guns as soon as someone decides I'm a pest.

I've had the worst match to date, 3xcitadel from a lucky Yamato, and the best, with over 4 kills, 180k damage (team still lost can you believe it).

The torps are something special too. They are quite potent compared to other CA torps, and I suspect that they rival most regular DD torps as well.

Miguel
Terracotta Army

कुशल

Reply #523 on: October 12, 2016, 10:01:17 AM

This game has been nothing but frustration.  I played enough to buy a tier 4 battleship (Wyoming).  Most battles find me being taken apart shell by shell at 12km+ distances before I can even get in to firing range.

The last two games:  me and another battleship close on a single tier 5:  I close to within 11km and fire while turning to broadside.  The target decides to fight the other BB first, so I turn and unload a full broadside 6 times.  Most shells go wide, and each salvo nets 1k to 3k damage.  I managed to whittle him down about half with 36 shells.  He finishes off the first BB, then turns, and fires 5 individual shells about 1 second apart from 8km.  Each shell hits me for 8K, so in about 5 seconds I got from a full 44K health to 1500 health.  I fire another full broadside for 800 damage, then he fires a single shell and sinks me.

Second game, spend 10 minutes to get into the action, and before firing the first shot, an airplane deposits 5 torpedoes 100 feet to my starboard, and down I go.

I'll keep trying.  swamp poop

“We have competent people thinking about this stuff. We’re not just making shit up.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #524 on: October 12, 2016, 02:59:21 PM

The thing with broadside shots is that they generally have to go -right- at the waterline to get those juicy citadel hits. This is why when doing a side-by-side fight with another battleship, you do not want to turn away from the fight if at all possible. Turning away raises your broadside out of the water, exposing your soft flank and the enemy, if he's aware of the opportunity, will citadel the living crap out of you. Sounds like that's what happened in the match you describe.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warships  
Jump to: