Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:52:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warships 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Warships  (Read 241599 times)
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #455 on: September 21, 2015, 09:48:25 PM

I see WG is as skilled at balancing boats as they are at tanks. The more I see from them, the more I am amazed that WoT is such a playable, interesting game.

It's not. It just came first and got the community and fan loyalty that comes with that. In all other aspects they're 3rd in a field of 3 tank games. And one of those is in closed beta.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: September 22, 2015, 06:04:47 AM

Some polish guy have just created aimbot completely independent from game files. Without external anticheat WG is fucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3frQsXBvoQ4
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #457 on: September 22, 2015, 07:30:44 AM

I though external anti-cheat was standard these days.

"Me am play gods"
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #458 on: September 22, 2015, 07:35:55 AM

Only for Asian online games/MMOs.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #459 on: September 22, 2015, 08:25:37 AM

Some polish guy have just created aimbot completely independent from game files. Without external anticheat WG is fucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3frQsXBvoQ4

THey already had pretty much this exact same mod before and said it was legal since it only assisted in aiming and didn't aim or fire for you.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: September 22, 2015, 08:52:48 AM

Didn't people scream a lot at that statement and the changed the code to make it 'impossible'?

Hic sunt dracones.
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: September 22, 2015, 12:16:14 PM

Didn't people scream a lot at that statement and the changed the code to make it 'impossible'?

They did - encrypting the resources and transmission which stoped old aimbot. For this one they can do shit - anyway looks like they can do shit.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: October 03, 2015, 12:56:05 PM

I saw a few of the new German cruisers being tested in game last night, the T7 Yorck and the T5 Konigsberg.  Whoever WG had playing them was pretty bad, which is par for the course for the "skill" of WG staff playing their own games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C39c_-Ytwz4
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: October 03, 2015, 01:23:55 PM

Warspite is back on the EU servers at least. For 5 days.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: October 03, 2015, 06:55:13 PM

I managed to get the Fuso and Myoko this weekend and I'm pretty pleased with both of them.  Each one feels like an upgrade from the previous tier which is great because both the Kongo and Aoba are good ships.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: October 03, 2015, 10:49:51 PM

I managed to get the Fuso and Myoko this weekend and I'm pretty pleased with both of them.  Each one feels like an upgrade from the previous tier which is great because both the Kongo and Aoba are good ships.

I'm grinding through Colorado upgrades - it's so different to playing New Mexico but I'm not yet convinced it's as bad as people make out. It seems to take a lot of damage and dish it out up close. It's still a step backward from the Mex though. On my SEA account I'm angling towards Fuso now.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: October 06, 2015, 05:19:32 PM

I have been just playing a few games each weekend with the bonus X2. I had only lost 1 of first 25 games in PvE. This weekend on Sunday I lost 7 of 11 games played in PvE. Was in top 3 in damage dealt in every loss. One of the losses I had more damage than rest of team combined. It was a really sad day and from what I could tell was different players in every game.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #467 on: October 08, 2015, 08:35:20 AM

What is this PVE of which you speak?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: October 08, 2015, 08:59:59 AM

What is this PVE of which you speak?

Co-op mode. Team of players vs bots with exactly the same ships as the players.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #469 on: October 08, 2015, 09:28:20 AM

And you feel like total, utter shit when you lose. Weekends during beta were, for me, exactly what Pendan describes.  I couldn't fathom it, because the bots are just so terrible. I'm convinced people were just logging in and running at the other team via. a lame bot or script. Xp while asleep > no xp while asleep, after all.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: October 08, 2015, 09:57:48 AM

I can see using PVE to maybe experiment with a new ship but the XP and credits are so low that a loss in PVP is more lucrative. 
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #471 on: October 08, 2015, 11:17:49 AM

Right, but who's more likely to report botters.

My thoughts, at least.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: October 08, 2015, 12:30:37 PM

Right, but who's more likely to report botters.

My thoughts, at least.

Makes sense, especially if people are doing it to level up and sell accounts.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #473 on: October 08, 2015, 01:05:34 PM

Well if you are not all that great, you get more XP per hour playing against bots than other players. Bot game is done at most in 10 minutes, playing PvP + not very good + being on with vrey good players = very few shots on target, little to no kills, little to no xp and not enough coin to cover repairs.

or else sleepwalk thru a bot match for 1/3 xp of a good player in a PvP match that could last twice as long with you being dead for 2/3s of it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: October 08, 2015, 02:42:18 PM

I think beyond learning the basic functions of shooting, launching torpedoes and managing air groups you are better off playing PVP no matter how fast you die.  Here's the basic stats from someone I know who has never used premium time, has a beta Arkansas but no other premium ships, has played the Japanese BB, CA and DD lines to tier 3 plus tier 3 in the US DD line.  He complains frequently that he is killed before he can do any serious damage in PVP.  Based on his average xp he'd still be doing better XP wise to play pvp, even if he was only getting in 3 pvp games per hour vs 6 PVE.

PVP 51% WR avg xp 491 avg damage 18k avg tier 3.1
PVE 94% WR avg xp 239 avg damage 30k avg tier 3.6

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: October 08, 2015, 03:27:03 PM

There is another non obvious function for pve though. If you have had 3 or 4 utter shit games and you are starting to feel like raging, you can drop into your favorite ship pr ships and go into a few stress free, fun games against bots to clear your head and chillax.

Hic sunt dracones.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: October 08, 2015, 11:38:49 PM

Or maybe botting&losing your way through PVE won't affect your stats (like PVP would)?  why so serious?
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: October 09, 2015, 08:51:21 AM

Or maybe botting&losing your way through PVE won't affect your stats (like PVP would)?  why so serious?

True, but you would think that any account with a lower win rate in pve than pvp would be an automatic bot flag.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: October 09, 2015, 09:58:33 AM

There is another non obvious function for pve though. If you have had 3 or 4 utter shit games and you are starting to feel like raging, you can drop into your favorite ship pr ships and go into a few stress free, fun games against bots to clear your head and chillax.

I'm surprised this game even has a PvE mode.  This is the most relaxed and low key PvP game I've ever played.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: October 09, 2015, 10:09:26 AM

You can see peoples PVE stats and ranked battle stats.

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: October 09, 2015, 05:41:34 PM

I'm surprised this game even has a PvE mode.  This is the most relaxed and low key PvP game I've ever played.

It's one of the bigger selling points for me and why I can't get into WoT. This way if I want a bit of fun or to refine my skill with a ship (eg getting a feel for trajectory/leading aim etc) without wrecking someone else's game. I also get a reward (albeit significantly smaller than PvP) or doing so. Yes you can lose if your team goes full retard, but it's rare. Also, a 1.5x win in PvE can equal a regular loss in PvP. So I can grind through my elite ships (my SEA account has every ship to T5) and then jump into some PvP if I feel like it. If WG brought this to WoT I'd be more interested in playing it.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #481 on: October 09, 2015, 05:43:11 PM

I think beyond learning the basic functions of shooting, launching torpedoes and managing air groups you are better off playing PVP no matter how fast you die.
That's the case in my experience. I actually made a mistake of playing something like 50+ pve games first, before having a peek at the PvP part, and the xp is way, way faster in PvP even if you and/or your team completely fails. I suppose it does make it somewhat easier to figure out how much you'd want to lead the targets when shooting them, and when to shoot them etc, but other than that it's probably best left ignored.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: October 13, 2015, 10:55:58 AM

WoT was rather relaxed in the beginning as well.  That was before win rate and stats became the gods the hardcore worship. 

Enjoy it while it lasts.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: October 14, 2015, 05:07:40 AM

Warspite package up for sale on the Asia server - grabbed it straight away. No sign of it on US though :(

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: October 19, 2015, 11:33:01 PM

New German cruisers and Soviet destroyers are now in game.  I'm really starting to like the T5 German cruiser Konisberg.  In 8 games I'm averaging over 46k damage, with a high of almost 64k, and have sunk 9 ships.  On the other hand, I'm really not digging the Soviet DD line.  3 Km torps?  Under 10 Km gun range?  Garbage so far.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #485 on: October 20, 2015, 09:04:47 AM

On the other hand, I'm really not digging the Soviet DD line.  3 Km torps?  Under 10 Km gun range?  Garbage so far.
They have 10km gun range in tiers where you rarely see other ships break 8-9. Upper tiers they're very much like the American destroyers in this regard, and as such hardly garbage. Configured for range/concealment you can basically rain fire on people the entire match as you please, never even seen.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:08:26 AM by tmp »
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: October 25, 2015, 03:12:59 PM

My mileage has varried. AFK/leeching, no screening, groups that come in and talk to no one what for everyone to do their job and die, then move in.

I like the game a lot. I imagine this will shake out as people go into OOG guilds.

It's been a nice break from STO.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: November 02, 2015, 12:34:52 PM

Alienware is giving away a bonus code and 2 invite codes here http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/world-of-warships-bonus-code-invite-code-key-giveaway

The invite codes award 7 days of premium, 1000 dabloons and 500k credits but are usable only on new accounts.  Instructions for using the codes are in link.

First come first served on the two I snagged.

TWWRY-HE6F6-WWDWR-DHTH7

TWWR3-AC5K8-49DKC-NEVFS
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 12:37:58 PM by Tmon »
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: November 02, 2015, 05:11:58 PM

I gotta say I like this game. I totaly blow goats at it but I like the way it was developed. And I'm not a fps kinda guy but the pacing here is great.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: November 04, 2015, 08:42:32 AM

Patch 0.5.1 goes live tomorrow Nov 5th.  Announcement and patch notes here http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-051/
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warships  
Jump to: