Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:55:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warships 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Warships  (Read 241605 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: September 05, 2015, 06:53:15 PM

Yeah, I've encountered an increasing number of "No Cap, kill all" idiots.

I imagine that your average XP and damage go up as you start playing higher tier stuff as there is more HP out there to blast off. That has certainly been my experience as I move up to tier 5.

Hic sunt dracones.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: September 07, 2015, 12:47:05 AM

After 505 battles, I'm averaging 1355xp and 25004 damage per game.  I think the game is too young to determine whats "good" at this point but I'd like to know how I'm doing relative to the general player base.

Wat, I got 29.7k average damage and only 1115 average xp. How else do you get XP in this game?

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: September 07, 2015, 01:21:50 AM

After 505 battles, I'm averaging 1355xp and 25004 damage per game.  I think the game is too young to determine whats "good" at this point but I'd like to know how I'm doing relative to the general player base.

Wat, I got 29.7k average damage and only 1115 average xp. How else do you get XP in this game?

Xp depends greatly on the tier. For example I have 1531xp/28874dmg average on Mutsuki (tier 6) and 893xp/32538dmg average on Isokaze (tier 4).
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: September 07, 2015, 04:32:20 AM

Or, to put it another way, I'm doing horribly with the Atago (t8) but still have a 1008xp average and 24,011 damage average.

You can find your per ship averages by going to your account page and pressing the "Players" tab.

Hic sunt dracones.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #424 on: September 08, 2015, 10:46:25 AM

I was under impression that the xp number was useless because it included xp bonuses.

I given up trying to play anything but the Murmansk. So now I am racking up credits and xp that I have no use for. I was trying to level US BB, but BB MM is so punitive it was such a chore.

"Me am play gods"
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: September 08, 2015, 09:16:47 PM

I think its base XP

One nice thing is that you have probably racked up free XP using the Murmansk so you could probably buy gold to skip over the first 2 painful tiers of the BB lines. Both BB lines are painful for the first couple of tiers so you could now get to Tier 5 if you wanted. Once you are at tier 5 you can hold your own in any matchup. The Kongo might be more forgiving though due to its long range and high speed, but both lines are decent.

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: September 10, 2015, 07:36:11 AM

So yeah, about the Tirpitz being available on my US account... oh wait, that's my Asia account :(

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: September 10, 2015, 07:55:11 AM

I was watching a US streamer last night and the US people are officially in Waiting for Godot "THE DAY APPOINTED IS AT HAND" mode about the Tirpitz. They have convinced themselves it will happen when the game goes officially live next week. They also think the Tirpitz will be a standard thing in the Store when it comes out. They were utterly shocked when I told them the Tirpitz is gone from the EU store. The Tirpitz is the Messiah.

On another front I had the best game of my life on the Murmansk last night. 4 Destroyers and a cruiser dead, 400k Silver, 1400 XP base, 5 citadels.... AND I STILL LOST! Seriously what the fuck do I have to do, drag them to a win kicking and screaming??

Hic sunt dracones.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #428 on: September 10, 2015, 08:41:20 AM

Anyway I got a New York and I wasn't happy mainly because it sticks you in tier 8 games. Might as alt tab out and watch Twitch cause there is nothing I can do to help.

"Me am play gods"
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: September 10, 2015, 12:57:01 PM

Uh, that's not true. Its not WOT, tiers honestly don't matter as much. And Battleships are designed to have horrid matchmaking but their guns are big enough to smash high tier stuff, especially cruisers.

I mean if you are afraid of battleship matchmaking don't play battleships. But the New York is viable in high tier matches. Its slow but it hits hard and the New Mexico hits like a truck.

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: September 10, 2015, 01:45:07 PM

I absolutely love New Mexico - it's the right tier, right damage and if you have a good group of cruisers with you then you can obliterate ships.

I didn't know they were pulling Tirpitz - I have 4 days to decide if I lash out on one.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: September 10, 2015, 02:00:15 PM

Ok, I dont have it myself but I've been watching streams the last few days as I've not been very well, and here's the pro and con of the Tirpitz.

Pro; Its Premium. Its fast. It has very fast gun rotation, and its fire rate is 25 seconds per volley. It has very hard armour and its hard to citadel, basically you can only citadel it if it is turning and the ship is leaning over.

Con; To pay off for the rapid fire, the guns are very weak for its tier. It's accuracy is horrible. The AA is crap. Its somewhat long so you are getting hit a fair bit. Basically, its not that dangerous.

I honestly don't know about how it maneuvers.

Personally, the more I watched it the less I wanted it and I'm not getting it if it turns up again. My money is still waiting on the Warspite.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: September 11, 2015, 12:20:09 AM

Ok, I dont have it myself but I've been watching streams the last few days as I've not been very well, and here's the pro and con of the Tirpitz.

Pro; Its Premium. Its fast. It has very fast gun rotation, and its fire rate is 25 seconds per volley. It has very hard armour and its hard to citadel, basically you can only citadel it if it is turning and the ship is leaning over.

Con; To pay off for the rapid fire, the guns are very weak for its tier. It's accuracy is horrible. The AA is crap. Its somewhat long so you are getting hit a fair bit. Basically, its not that dangerous.

I honestly don't know about how it maneuvers.

Personally, the more I watched it the less I wanted it and I'm not getting it if it turns up again. My money is still waiting on the Warspite.

Jingles seems to think it's pretty good.  Video review below.  Skip to about 11:00 for the relevant bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfggxKkcdd4

Oh, and I made it to tier 8 with the IJN DD.  The extra torp launcher and gun turret are really nice.  It already feels like and upgrade over the Hatsuharu even in the stock configuration.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 05:30:37 PM by Ginaz »
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: September 11, 2015, 12:32:29 AM

I was watching a US streamer last night and the US people are officially in Waiting for Godot "THE DAY APPOINTED IS AT HAND" mode about the Tirpitz. They have convinced themselves it will happen when the game goes officially live next week. They also think the Tirpitz will be a standard thing in the Store when it comes out. They were utterly shocked when I told them the Tirpitz is gone from the EU store. The Tirpitz is the Messiah.

On another front I had the best game of my life on the Murmansk last night. 4 Destroyers and a cruiser dead, 400k Silver, 1400 XP base, 5 citadels.... AND I STILL LOST! Seriously what the fuck do I have to do, drag them to a win kicking and screaming??

Confirmed Tirpitz will be available for sale on 17 Sept. for the NA server.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/47684-official-launch-date-september-17/
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: September 11, 2015, 03:35:17 AM

Jingles seems to think it's pretty good.  Video review below.  Skip to about 11:00 for the relevant bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfggxKkcdd4

Cool, thanks. I hadn't seen Jingles' video.

Looking over my ship stats I find that the one I seem to do best in by far seems to be the Kongo. I am not having a good time in the Furutaka at all. The best game I had in it I said sod this and used it like a destroyer, charging in and spamming torps, the exact opposite of how its supposed to be used. Which just goes to show you how awful I am in it. vOv

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: September 12, 2015, 01:54:02 PM

Anyway I got a New York and I wasn't happy mainly because it sticks you in tier 8 games. Might as alt tab out and watch Twitch cause there is nothing I can do to help.

Just to prove my point. I was just in a tier 8 game in the New York. I did 42000 damage. Sank a tier 5 cruiser and a tier 8 destroyer, came 4th out of the team in overall XP. (And naturally lost the game but whatever)

A New York can definitely help the team. (Once it actually manages to get in range. Bloody speed...)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:32:02 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #436 on: September 12, 2015, 07:40:43 PM

A New York can definitely help the team. (Once it actually manages to get in range. Bloody speed...)
Go back to South Carolina if you think New York takes time to get in range Ohhhhh, I see.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: September 15, 2015, 01:44:17 AM

Go back to South Carolina if you think New York takes time to get in range Ohhhhh, I see.

Kawachi says hi...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:39:51 AM by Bungee »

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: September 15, 2015, 05:24:35 AM

The Kawachi is faster than the South Carolina by 2 knots.  why so serious?

I'm getting pretty good results with the IJN Carriers. I'm doing fairly with the Kongo as well but cant seem to land good hits with it and my dispersion luck is terrible. I really, really suck with the Furutaka.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:28:27 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: September 15, 2015, 07:55:25 AM

Ok WG has indirectly announced that patch 5.0 will come with the official release on Thursday.

There will be a new Matchmaking spread with it. You can get the Graphic at this link.

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/30473-050-mm-changes/

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:33:19 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #440 on: September 15, 2015, 08:35:06 AM

Sweet, they're fixing BBs MM.

"Me am play gods"
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: September 15, 2015, 04:23:23 PM

The Kawachi is faster than the South Carolina by 2 knots.  why so serious?
To be fair it also has 1 km or so shorter gun range, so you need to paddle longer to get your guns on anything awesome, for real
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: September 16, 2015, 12:49:30 AM

Tirpitz = fun, I'm probably going to buy one for my NA account

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: September 17, 2015, 04:16:10 AM

So, WOWs has launched. to celebrate its a triple XP day! More importantly, they have put up a special offer for 10 days only!!
https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/?item=1458
Captain's Primer
Special

Offer expires in 10 d.
€9.77

This package contains:

x4 Port slot;
    7 Days of Premium.

For all the captains that are just coming on board, this package is the best way to get you up to full speed and catch up with the rest of the fleet. One week of Premium account to get your feet wet and 4 extra Port slots to expand your fleet. Welcome aboard!

Its pretty underwhelming. BUT THERE'S MORE!!

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/30733-do-not-buy-the-special-offer/

Greetings,

in the german area of the forum we have the following thread and I would like to point this out in the english section aswell, because the "offer" ΄with the 4 harbor slotts is not realy an offer:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/30694-premiumshop-angebot-ab-1792015-liegeplaetze-premiumzeit/

The calculation by Eisenkarl is:

1.200 Doublons (4x harbor slotts)

+ 1.250 (7 days of Premium)

= 2.450 Doublons, at EUR 9,77 this will result in 250,77 Doublons/EUR.

So... 250,77 Doublons per Euro does sound "ok", right? Well, lets compare it to the regular 2500 Doublon package wich costs basicaly the same:

2.500 Doublons / 9,95€ => 251,26 Doublons/EUR

Or in other words, do not buy this "offer", since you will get better value for your money by using the standard package for basicaly the same ammount of money.

If you want to get 7 days of premium and 4 Harbor slotts, get the basic 2500 gold offer instead.

So, to celebrate the "launch" and to say welcome aboard, they have launched a scam offer to screw their new customers.

WARGAMING!!

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: September 17, 2015, 04:29:49 AM

Oh yeah I forgot, their big idea is to give away stuff to players.. if they watch their streamers!!

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/30605-release-activities-starting-on-1709/page__pid__549253#entry549253

As we want to celebrate the transition from beta to release, we have planned a few activities for you to participate in and have the chance to win some ships!

Starting from tomorrow, until Sunday, you will have the chance to win a Tirpitz every day, along with some smaller ships.

17/09 — Release stream, Q&A and giveaway with Quickybaby featuring karsun and MrConway

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/quickybaby

Submit your questions here: https://www.reddit.c...roducer_and_mr/

18/09 — Youtube competition hosted by our community contributor PointyHairedJedi

Where: https://www.youtube....ointyHairedJedi

When: TBD

19/09 — Release stream and giveaway with with Circonflexes featuring MrConway

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/circon

20/09 — Youtube competition hosted by our community contributor, the mighty Rear Admiral Jingles

Where: https://www.youtube....r/BohemianEagle

Smaller giveaways:

21/09 — Youtube competition hosted by our community contributor, AgingJedi

https://www.youtube.com/user/AgingJedi

19/09 — Release stream and giveaway with Deserte featuring Ph3lan

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/sts_deserte

Hopefully I will be seeing some of you along for the streams, and I wish you the best of luck with our Youtube competitions.

Action stations!

While I commend them for supporting their streamers and using the new technology, you can fuck right off. Its not only that I would rather chew off my right testicle than watch Quikybaby, telling people to watch a fucking STREAM to have a CHANCE of getting a fucking TIRPITZ after everyone who wanted one has already bought it is fucking retarded and scamtastic. And THEN you have the scamtastic special offer.

Seriously I have never seen a launch as fucking clownshoes as this. They had better pull something out of their Anus later in the day or I will wag my finger in their general direction most forcefully.

Hic sunt dracones.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: September 17, 2015, 07:12:07 AM

Seriously I have never seen a launch as fucking clownshoes as this.
Not sure if serious.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: September 17, 2015, 07:58:21 AM

Ok, it has a lot of competition.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

But the community guy then posted this

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/30605-release-activities-starting-on-1709/page__pid__550661#entry550661

Suranis1, on 17 September 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:
Brynd I am not going to blame you for the scamtastic "special" that actually costs more than buying 4 port slots and 7 days premium with Doubloons. Its not your department and you have no control over that. In fact you have my sympathies to deal with the rabid crowd of gamers today. I also commend you for actively supporting your streamers and enbracing new technology to get the word out. But you have to admit that in combination with this "watch a stream and maybe win something" and the scamtastic special offer its not going to put a good opinion forward on launch day to the general gaming community.

View Postdaki, on 17 September 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Brynd, I would like to understand what is the reason for such rather "lame" (to put it nicely) launch activities.

I am all fine with the giveaways via streamers you announced - though I can only say good luck if you believe that marketing the game through people who actually do not really enjoy the game (judging by battle count) will bring much new players.

What bothers me is the lack of other very simple to implement launch content such as slot discounts, new missions, a small gift (e.g. a few flags), other events...., especially taking into account that there are no new ships / trees...

Lack of staff cannot really explain it. To be honest this rather reminds me of managers being eager to show to their owners a "Potemkin village" of a game being formally launched, without much thought given to the community and players.

Do not get me wrong, I am not a WG basher like many on these forums, as I both enjoy the game immensely and believe that WG does a good job in general. But I did not expect such complete lack of effort, ideas, creativity, vision..., from a company that knows quite well imho what the community was looking forward and expecting.

You still have a chance to wake-up finally and try to implement something more exciting, but I am afraid that it is just wishful thinking from my side.

In the end although my own team is involved with the streamer/YouTuber stuff, and though I'd like to talk purely about that, it's obvious that some of the feedback is about stuff beyond my direct influence. However, I am still a representative of the company so I don't plan to just ignore the other points you and others are making. But the streaming stuff isn't really meant to be a big deal, we just advertised it here in case others were interested in joining in for a chance to win something. It's just a little extra thing the community team wanted to do. We already do work with these streamers regularly and provide prizes here and there. So doing something like this for the launch isn't really surprising. It's certainly not the company's only plan for marketing the game now it is released: we have traditional marketing and PR departments. I suspect though that they're likely to be targeting new players.

One point I've seen is from people who have already been beta testing the game that perhaps have a different vision about how the game would be at release. But it wouldn't be right to just release a different version without first testing it - that was what the late part of the open beta was! Playing the game early, in the testing phase - especially just before the release - is basically playing the game as it is intended to be released. So there seems a disconnect here between expectation and delivery. Now, I haven't gone back and read all the news articles and stuff we've posted to see how well we communicated what the game would be like at release, but sure maybe there was more we could have done to help people set expectations. Personally I know that when I beta test a game, especially just prior to release, the release game is going to be pretty much the game I was testing.

"Where's the cool launch stuff?" I think the main idea is that the release itself is what is cool. That's how it is for me and pretty much every other other game that I love: it's the release itself that I wait for and am excited about, I don't care about extra bonuses, I just want to play the game. "But... what about cool stuff for open beta testers who are not new to the game today and so are not necessarily feeling the coolness of the actual launch of what they've tested?" The real benefit of open beta testing was already reaped: the obvious big draw being the ability to play the game before September 17. The initial fun you may be expecting from release date is arguably that which you experienced when you first got into the OBT. "But couldn't there be at least a bit more for open beta testers now it's released?" Well, there's the x3 weekend. Whoa, it's a tough crowd... :rolleyes:

Maybe it's simply not possible to meet everyone's expectations, so it may not matter how much text I type out here for example. It would be hard not to empathise with those who are disappointed (community team members are often noted for their very strong sense of empathy) even knowing logically that beta testing is testing the game as it is intended to be at release. Perhaps this is another point we could have worked on setting expectations for in advance: "the release game is what you're testing, so don't expect it to be somewhat different on release day."

Probably more I could say, but I have to get on with other tasks.

So be happy it launched, bitches. DANCE!!

Oh the scamtastic offer was explained...

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/30733-do-not-buy-the-special-offer/page__pid__550396#entry550396

Just to calm everyone down: This package is not intended to be a super special release package.

The only reason it is marked as special is the fact that it is time limited and the premium shop displays this automatically. It is put up as a starter kit with the most purchased items for a new player.

The price difference is due to the premium shop rounding. *hide*

Well,  thats ok then  ACK!

Hic sunt dracones.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #447 on: September 17, 2015, 08:04:18 AM

Under-whelmimg is right word here. The real release happened a while ago.

"Me am play gods"
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: September 17, 2015, 04:56:27 PM

Som the NA Tirpitz package

62.08 € (69.99 USD)

The package includes:

Tirpitz;
    port Slot in World of Warships;
    1500 doubloons;
    7 days of premium;
    Zulu x 60;
    Equal Speed Charlie London x 60.

Add this legendary tier VIII German battleship to your armada! Combining speed, fantastic guns and torpedoes, the Tirpitz is a menace on the high seas! You’ll get more than just the sister ship of the Bismarck with this bundle, as it also includes Zulu and Equal Speed Charlie signal flags! When equipped, Zulu earns you an extra 20% Credits, while Equal Speed Charlie brings in 50% extra XP! Add to the fun with a week's worth of Premium and 1500 Doubloons for added earnings and XP.

We got 2500 doubloons and 30 days premium. Plus a bunch of consumables that are meh, for 7 eur more. Nope, you're American, you get to pay more for less.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: September 17, 2015, 08:52:49 PM

Also watched a few Ranked battles on stream. They are only about 10-12 minutes long so they are a good option for people who want faster games than standard randoms. Probably better for XP too.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 08:55:36 PM by Trippy »

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: September 18, 2015, 06:22:52 AM

Played this a bit last night for the first time since early beta.  It's a fun distraction and a game that I actually find pretty relaxing.  I can't see myself investing a lot of time in it, but it's a nice change of pace from more hardcore pvp games.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #451 on: September 18, 2015, 06:57:52 AM

Crazy how expensive this new ship is . And crazy that I am sure it is selling. I say crazy because by all accounts its a good battleship in a tier filled with good battleships, so you're not even getting an advantage for your $$$.

"Me am play gods"
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #452 on: September 18, 2015, 07:00:06 AM

I agree with Nebu. The only thing that keeps me away is the grind, but I understand it is there for a reason.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: September 20, 2015, 06:17:05 PM

This is apparently the win ratings of all the ship types on the eu server

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #454 on: September 21, 2015, 08:43:34 AM

I see WG is as skilled at balancing boats as they are at tanks. The more I see from them, the more I am amazed that WoT is such a playable, interesting game. Because they seem to spend 23 hours a day tap dancing on their genitalia.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warships  
Jump to: