Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:30:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - DAY SIX - Squeaky Bum Time 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season X - DAY SIX - Squeaky Bum Time  (Read 24521 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: May 08, 2015, 10:43:09 AM

PLAY BY 17th May.

By my maths only rk47 has already qualified for the playoffs, but Megrim, Ingmar, Avaia, and Jasper can guarantee progress with a win. Balut and IainC can no longer make the cut. Zetor, Ulysees, and myself must win both remaining games to have a shot.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 11:12:22 AM

Ingmar, since I'm euro we should probably try to get this played during the weekend (this or the next). Let me know which would work for you.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 11:32:20 AM

I'm pretty busy on Saturday this weekend but Sunday looks clear. Noon my time is some time in your evening (I didn't look up your exact time zone.) Is that workable?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 11:59:47 AM

I'm pretty busy on Saturday this weekend but Sunday looks clear. Noon my time is some time in your evening (I didn't look up your exact time zone.) Is that workable?

Should work for me. Just message me on steam sunday when you are ready to play.  awesome, for real
balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 01:58:34 PM

Zetor, my weekends are full this time, but I can do most weekday nights after ~8 pm Pacific Time (UTC -7).
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 07:39:32 PM

Avaia you around and today or tomorrow?
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 09:13:05 PM

Zetor, my weekends are full this time, but I can do most weekday nights after ~8 pm Pacific Time (UTC -7).
Hmm, that'd be my weekday mornings, right? It's certainly possible (I have about a 2hr window between 6am-8am at UTC+2 before going to work) -- will look for ya on Steam on Tuesday morning (your Monday night)!

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 09:27:42 AM

My nightmare season continues with a slapping from The Wooden Shelf.

I opted to receive and the Elves get a blitz out of the gate, putting a Wardancer with some support under the ball. In my turn I can't knock her down so I fireball her and her support, she dies but the apoth saves her. The Elves get the ball again and put themselves out of easy blitz range, walking in an easy TD on their second turn.

The next kick is just as bad for the Daemons. Not only is the Wardancer back but there's a pitch invasion which takes down 6 Daemons including the Bloodthirster and almost the entire front row, while only dropping two second-pick Elves. I collect the ball and move forwards but I have nowhere to put it and the Elves get some pressure on the ball carrier. They get it free and score a second a few turns later thanks to a failed GfI that prevented my defensive blitz.

The rest of the half is uneventful. I knock Elves about to no great effect, fail to do anything with the ball and we set up again for the second half. This is a bit more equitable. The elves fail a lot of dodges but this is countered by the Dameon's ability to fluff ball pickups. I get some pressure on the ball-carrier and pop the ball free. There's some nonsense but eventually I get the ball and have a run at the endzone. With three turns remaining I decide to risk the 2 GfIs so that I can try to play for a draw but, predictably the Cultist fails the one in the endzone. Elves get the ball back and then lose it again and my attempt to pop it free sends it into the hands of an unmarked Elf. At this point my three turns to equalise has turned into one turn for a consolation TD. The Elves run it down the pitch and get it deep into my half with some support. I get the ball free again and have a run-handoff-throw play for my consolation score on the last turn. Once again however I fail a clean pickup and that's the match.

No serious injuries on either side, I levelled my Bloodletter, the Elves levelled their rookie Wardancer.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 09:53:53 AM

R3dknight / rk47 what time is good for you?  This weekend would work for me most of the time, though I'm not exactly sure when it won't as I've got relatives in from out of town.

Other than that it's either odd hours Mon-Thur (before 4pm and 10pm+ PDT), difficulty Friday, or pretty much free on the weekend.

What works best for you?
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 11:15:22 AM

just add me on steam and see if i'm around this weekend.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 12:40:42 PM

Ulysses, what works for you? Today or tomorrow is likely the best for me, depending on your timezone.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 06:34:46 PM

Ulysses, what works for you? Today or tomorrow is likely the best for me, depending on your timezone.

I'm UK timezone and should be ok to play anytime Sunday night after 8pm GMT+1 if that is workable for you? Can also make most weeknights after 8pm as well.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 01:13:39 AM

just add me on steam and see if i'm around this weekend.
Errr, actually turns out I'm more booked from Mother's Day than I'd anticipated.  I'll try looking for you Sunday evening/night.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 01:34:20 PM

Dwarves once again prove that luck trumps skill on some days when it comes to bloodbowl with a 2-0 victory over Ingmar's vamps.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 04:02:34 PM

I'm UK timezone and should be ok to play anytime Sunday night after 8pm GMT+1 if that is workable for you? Can also make most weeknights after 8pm as well.

I am GMT -5, so I think Mother's Day festivities pretty much ruined any hope of playing today. I have a deadline tomorrow...and usually am not home from work until basically midnight where you are. I can't do a morning in my time zone thing this week as I have to be in court every morning this week.

I obviously suck at staying up late, so unless you don't have that problem, we might have to push to Saturday.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 04:30:41 PM

I am GMT -5, so I think Mother's Day festivities pretty much ruined any hope of playing today. I have a deadline tomorrow...and usually am not home from work until basically midnight where you are. I can't do a morning in my time zone thing this week as I have to be in court every morning this week.

I obviously suck at staying up late, so unless you don't have that problem, we might have to push to Saturday.

So Saturday 16th 8pm GMT+1 which I make 4pm your time ok? Have a 15 month old baby so late nights are not really on the agenda for me either :)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 07:31:43 PM

My kid has a birthday party that ends at 4:30 PM my time...I could do morning in the US (like 9 AM CST...which I think is 4pm your time). Would that work?

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 08:53:21 AM

My kid has a birthday party that ends at 4:30 PM my time...I could do morning in the US (like 9 AM CST...which I think is 4pm your time). Would that work?

I can try and get free to play earlier but no guarantees. Will keep an eye out for you on steam and see if you are free at the same time, will aim for your morning.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 10:50:08 AM

Avaia you around and today or tomorrow?

I guess the answer to that was "no".
mcknight
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 06:17:01 PM

Messaged Megrim privately some days ago. Haven't heard back from him yet, just registering this chain of events in public. Hope I hear from him soon.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 10:14:13 PM

Hmm, that'd be my weekday mornings, right? It's certainly possible (I have about a 2hr window between 6am-8am at UTC+2 before going to work) -- will look for ya on Steam on Tuesday morning (your Monday night)!
As a follow-up to this, unfortunately we haven't been able to meet for a game yet -- the earliest point in time where I'm conscious is after 6am CEST (9pm Pacific), which seems to be too late for a start time... I also have to leave for work by 8am, so assuming a 1.5hr game, we'd have to start between 6 and 6:30.

Balut, is this weekend also going to be fully booked for you?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:35:30 AM by Zetor »

balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 09:33:35 AM

I don't have time tonight (Thursday night), but I might be free after 9 pm Friday Pacific Time (UTC-7). Saturday is completely up in the air. Sorry, it's been a tough week to nail down a set game time.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 01:14:49 PM

Yeah, no worries. Your Friday night (my Saturday morning) sounds good!

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 15, 2015, 01:45:51 AM

CmdrSlack can you make sure you accept my friend invite so I don't miss you tomorrow if I do get the chance to play.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #24 on: May 15, 2015, 09:40:32 PM

Will check before I go to bed. Thanks for the reminder.

balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 12:15:54 AM

Star Spawn 1 - 0 Grudge Eternal

Nurgle's assorted slimy things finally eke out their first victory of the season, against Zetor's team of angry dwarves. My Star Spawn won the coin toss and received the kickoff, then methodically created a corridor down the right-center of the field, using Yog-Sothoth the Beast and 3 Nurgle Warriors to anchor a hole in the defensive coverage. Lloigor the Pestigor originally carried the ball, but after a persistent dwarven defensive push, he was knocked down and lost the ball. Luckily, his brother, Zhar the Pestigor was in range and picked up the ball, then ran out of range of the slow dwarven line. Halfway through the first half, the Star Spawn scored. The rest of the half was a game of containment, and 4 turns simply wasn't enough for Grudge Eternal to make it down the field for a TD. The scare of the first half was when the level 2 Warrior, Hastur, was killed by a dwarf, only to succeed with his Regen roll.

The second half was a much more prolonged fight, with an unfortunate kickoff resulting in GE choosing to place the ball on a blitzer near the line of scrimmage on the right side. A push by Yog-Sothoth and a couple Warriors collapsed the right side of the dwarven line, and GE was forced to swing around and push down the left sideline. A back-and-forth ensued around midfield of the left sideline, with neither side gaining a definitive advantage, until the dwarves regrouped and started making a concerted push toward the endzone. A Rotter and Pestigor were able to avoid the ever-dangerous Troll Slayers and loosely contain the dwarven ballcarrier. A Nurgle blitz by the Pestigor knocked the ball loose on turn 13 - halfway between midfield and the endzone, and it was recovered by the Star Spawn on turn 14. The Star Spawn created a tight cage with 2 Warriors, a Pestigor, and 2 Rotters, with the ballcarrier 2 spaces away from the sideline. Grudge Eternal pushed hard to recover and score, but the Star Spawn turtled up and rode out the turns until the end of the match.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 16, 2015, 01:27:35 AM

One day I'll figure out how to use Frenzy effectively. Today was not that day.  awesome, for real

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #27 on: May 16, 2015, 09:39:27 AM

An amazingly fun match wherein Punk's Not Dead squeaked out a 2-1 victory against Fangs for Victory.

Many thralls were injured in the making of the final score. A well-played game by Ulysses.

Also, I suck at using BBM, so thanks to him for the upload.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 09:51:30 AM

Fangs for Victory 1 - Punks not Dead 2

The Vamps go down to a last turn score when trying desperately to work against nuffle and salvage at least a point from the match. First half was pretty ridiculous and I burned 5 rerolls on inconsequential moves, dodges that should have worked of faile dbloodlusts and when I ran out of re-rolls I still cannot figure out how to make a vampire bite a thrall at the end of his turn which cost me another 2 or 3 turns through the course of the match.

Really good match despite me feeling I had a fair bit of bad luck and things looked promising in the first half as Cmdrslack failed his pickup and I got a few players around the ball. Unfortunately that's when things started getting tougher as I started failing rolls I thought I would make and not really forward planning which I am finding with Vamps is an often fatal flaw to let creep into your game. Cmdr had some decent block dice removing 4 of my players form the field and only losing 1 himself and scored in turn 7 to go 1 - 0 up.

Second half nuffle was a little kinder to me and I scored quickly which was the only real option with a 3 man team deficit, this proved vital because despite my best efforts to stall on my last turn of the match I failed a dodge with my only upright player which left a free pickup and run in for Cmdrslacks winner.

Well played and the match is uploaded. Off to get some single player Vampires practice I think.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 10:59:43 AM

I still cannot figure out how to make a vampire bite a thrall at the end of his turn which cost me another 2 or 3 turns through the course of the match.

Once you have finished all the actions with the player who failed the Bloodlust roll, select another player. As soon as you do, the game will show you which Thralls are bite targets and you select one of them. It's 100% not obvious.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #30 on: May 17, 2015, 09:18:01 PM

There's also the big End Action turn at the top of the screen, when you hit that it will prompt for the thrall target.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 19, 2015, 06:42:50 AM

any eta on the last day of this season?
mcknight
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 19, 2015, 07:08:05 AM

No idea, as I posted before I am yet to hear from Megrim. He hasn't posted in this thread or responded to a PM. Hopefully I hear from him soon.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 07:11:13 AM by mcknight »
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 02:55:17 PM

Not sure when I will be able to play lamaros.
mcknight
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 20, 2015, 03:47:35 PM

Why do we have play-by dates?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - DAY SIX - Squeaky Bum Time  
Jump to: