Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:12:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Legends of Tomorrow 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Legends of Tomorrow  (Read 44437 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: April 08, 2016, 10:29:14 AM

Oh, forgot her.  Well that still makes her bi not lesbian.

I am the .00000001428%
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: April 08, 2016, 10:36:38 AM

Sarah and Nyssa, the nurse from the 50's, and possibly with her little assistant chick from Arrow when Sarah was living in the tower. She also tried to make the nurse not feel ashamed of being attracted to women. Sarah is also said to be fantasizing/dreaming of the nurse in this last episode.

It seems more like her fling with Oliver was before she realized she was a lesbian, or even just to be a bitch to her sister for whatever reason sisters are bitches to each other.

As for the episode, I like that the plan failed (even if it was a shitty plan to begin with). I think that's one reason why I keep watching this but dropped Supergirl - because at least this show makes some effort at a bit more difficult story line even if they don't do very well.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #142 on: April 08, 2016, 10:37:42 AM

Oh, forgot her.  Well that still makes her bi not lesbian.

Also specifically in one of the early episodes she gets hit on in the 70s bar and tells the guy, you're not my type, but your lady there is. Or something to that effect. I'm shocked you missed this.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: April 08, 2016, 11:18:46 AM

It seems more like her fling with Oliver was before she realized she was a lesbian, or even just to be a bitch to her sister for whatever reason sisters are bitches to each other.

Well they also got together again in the island and after she came back.

I am the .00000001428%
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: April 08, 2016, 02:37:17 PM

Well they also got together again in the island and after she came back.

Forgot about that. So straight for Oliver and lesbian the rest of the time.  why so serious?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: April 08, 2016, 07:12:34 PM

So basically Nyssa turned Sara gay.  She must be great in bed.   awesome, for real
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: April 08, 2016, 08:01:19 PM

Or Oliver is the prototypical "guy so sexy he turns lesbians on" sort of thing.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: April 08, 2016, 10:38:15 PM

Or Oliver is the prototypical "guy so sexy he turns lesbians on" sort of thing.
Or Oliver is so bad...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: April 09, 2016, 12:32:18 AM

I think sarah is bi.

Has the hots for women who are emotionally and physically weaker than her, so she is basically the "male" of the relationship.
Has the hots for men who are stronger emotionally and physically weaker than her, so she gets to be the "chick".

Its really not that complicated and pretty consistent with her character. When she meets Nessa she is at her weakest point physically and emotionally. Nyssa nurtures her, protects her, trains her and convinces her she is a born assassin. However when she leaves she doesn't seek that type of relationship with a girl ever again, preferring to be that for someone else.  Until she reunites with Oliver who teaches her its ok to drop her guard down, to be with her family, to actually interact with humans.

But yeah she only likes Oliver because he is emotionally stronger than she is. If you had to measure every guy you been with against Oliver fucking Queen you'd probably be a lesbian too.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: May 19, 2016, 08:06:28 PM

Finale was tonight.  I thought the last few episodes were decent and I like how they ended and teased next season.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: May 19, 2016, 09:25:53 PM

There time travel rules make absolutely no sense. It was frustrating and annoying to have changes in the past simultaneously alter the future and not alter the future in the same episode.  this may be the worst implementation of time travel in science fiction I've ever seen. It is just ridiculous. I can hardly believe that this comes from the same team that does the other DC shows.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #151 on: May 19, 2016, 09:30:59 PM

Finale was tonight.  I thought the last few episodes were decent and I like how they ended and teased next season.

It's Mike from Suits!

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #152 on: May 19, 2016, 11:08:57 PM

I checked out about halfway through the season (the Time Pirates episodes). Is it worth trying to catch up?

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: May 20, 2016, 06:54:35 AM

They tied together all of the DC shows. That is the only reason why I'm sticking with this show so far. I really hope that they make some big improvements on it for next season. If this were an isolated show that didn't interweave with Aarow, Flash, and Supergirl, I would not be watching it right now. I would have given up on it after two or three episodes. There are a whole bunch of characters on the team, but they haven't really made me care about any of them. Even white Canary is coming over flat. I enjoyed her far more when she was on Arrow.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: May 20, 2016, 01:00:10 PM

Legends of tomorrow improved a good bit in the second half of the season. The last episode was pretty good. They made up for not killing savage any of the times they easily had the chance to by killing him three times at once!
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: May 20, 2016, 10:44:44 PM

That whole "we can't kill him" thing never worked. Blow him full of holes, then launch him at the sun, bury him, imprison him, etc...

There was lazy writing all over the place throughout this entire season. The people riding for the show didn't realize if when you write for science fiction, you need to respect the science as much as you respect the fiction. You are science fiction doesn't need to follow all the rules of real science, but it does have to make internally consistent sense. This show failed to do that.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #156 on: May 29, 2016, 10:44:46 PM

Overall, I enjoyed the season, but only because SUPERHEROES. I do really like some of the characters in it. But holy shit, yes, the writing was INCREDIBLY lazy. Just fuckstupid lazy. Their time travel rules weren't even consistent from episode to episode (or within episodes). The Time Masters made no sense. I like Arthur Darvil, but I have no idea why he stood stoop shouldered in every goddamn scene. It was like he had permanent curvature of the spine.

But it all was made up for with HOURMAN!!!!!

Hope they shave down the cast next season. I'd say they should get rid of the villains but Snart and Rory had all the good lines.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: May 30, 2016, 09:51:46 AM

I'd still prefer that they cancel the show and replace it with another team so. Some of the cast could transition over to the new show but for the most part this concept just doesn't work.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #158 on: May 30, 2016, 10:41:23 AM

The team concept works - it's the goddamn time travel bullshit that's really horking up the show. as well as the necessity for full season arcs with one villain. The best episodes they had this season were the ones that let us see other parts of the DC Universe - the old West where we got to see Jonah Hex and the future Star City where we got to see Connor and Old Ollie.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: May 30, 2016, 10:41:40 AM

I'd still prefer that they cancel the show and replace it with another team so. Some of the cast could transition over to the new show but for the most part this concept just doesn't work.

Considering the ratings I would say the concept works well enough.  It's really all about flashy super powered stuff and you don't need to scrap the whole thing just tighten up the writing.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: July 23, 2016, 07:18:06 PM

Legends Season 2 teaser.

Legion of Doom is the main foe.  Looks like Darkh, Merlin, Reverse Flash, and Capt. Cold.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: July 23, 2016, 07:23:15 PM

Fucking stupid. They need to quit the framing device and do a scrubover entirely.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #162 on: July 23, 2016, 10:13:48 PM

I'm not ready to scrap the whole thing, but I want to see what they do with the Justice Society. But fuck Dark as a villain. I like the actor, like him hamming it up, but I got more than enough of him in Arrow.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: July 24, 2016, 05:04:48 AM

Legion of Doom really requires more than the three or four villains they've established to date. That's not a "legion", it's a Bridge Quartet of Menace.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: October 12, 2017, 10:08:17 AM

Dear God, so bad... let it die.  The completionist in me can't not watch it, but I hate what they've done with the characters, the story, the time travel rules, etc...  I'd rather see them release these characters back to the shows from which they came or make an entirely new show that doesn't feature time travel and is controlled by others.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: October 12, 2017, 12:26:52 PM

Season 1 I can make an argument for watching, but I couldn't for the life of me continuing watching after. I mean flash season 3 was barely worth the bother beyond the last few episodes leading up to the final and even that was disappointing.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: October 12, 2017, 02:00:33 PM

I actually think Season 2 is ok. It's at least kind of fun. Season 1 is pure shit.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #167 on: October 12, 2017, 02:09:50 PM

It's all pure shit.  why so serious? I still enjoyed both seasons, mostly because I like the characters and the actors playing them. The series really needs a much better set of writers.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: October 12, 2017, 02:50:47 PM

It really does. I think Berlanti & Co. have to be credited for setting a potentially fun superheroic universe in motion, but they are really struggling to figure out how to keep the ball rolling along. The really bad Season 3 for Flash has clearly killed a lot of interest in the show, judging from the low ratings for the opener.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Legends of Tomorrow  
Jump to: