Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:08:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Legends of Tomorrow 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Legends of Tomorrow  (Read 44436 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: February 17, 2016, 08:20:01 PM

I am still enjoying it enough to watch.. I bet it gets better in the back half of the season though.  I think it's just the growing pains of a new show.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: February 18, 2016, 11:58:21 AM

Arrow first season really sucked until Malcolm Merlin showed up and saved the show.

I didn't watch the Flash until the mid season cross over special (or when the reverse flash storyline kicked in). I don't have motivations to go back and watch it. I can't stand season 1 Iris (well I still can't stand her but she makes good enough muffle background noises) and Cisco and Caitlin were painful to watch when I jumped in... I can only imagine how grating they must have been from the get go.

Legends is a dumb show but I don't know maybe at this point CW broke me and I wanna watch this more than drop it. I gave walking dead 3 seasons not to fall on its face before I dropped it  awesome, for real

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #107 on: February 18, 2016, 05:55:45 PM

I like it. It's silly but fun and I love the prison break guys

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: February 18, 2016, 08:20:08 PM

I am still enjoying it enough to watch.. I bet it gets better in the back half of the season though.  I think it's just the growing pains of a new show.

I am giving it a full season. They have so many characters right up front that it is taking them a bit of time to gel I did like this last episode a good bit more than the previous ones still has a way to go to get to arrow let alone flash levels.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: February 19, 2016, 02:58:24 AM

I have to say that for some reason the way they handle time travel and trying to kill Savage just feels broken to me. In the latest episode they have Savage at gunpoint and the hawk girl in the same room etc but still they make no effort to put an end to him. Add to that a mushroom cloud (even if small) killing a significant number of people to really drive the point that "timelines"  and changing the past is not a concern for the show's plot...  Ohhhhh, I see.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: February 19, 2016, 07:08:11 AM

I have to say that for some reason the way they handle time travel and trying to kill Savage just feels broken to me. In the latest episode they have Savage at gunpoint and the hawk girl in the same room etc but still they make no effort to put an end to him. Add to that a mushroom cloud (even if small) killing a significant number of people to really drive the point that "timelines"  and changing the past is not a concern for the show's plot...  Ohhhhh, I see.

You missed savage blowing up when they activated the bombs in the room? He had no need to shoot him when he was already going to blow him up. I would likely have still done so just because savage is a dick but its not like they did not "kill" him in as much as he can be killed for any period of time.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #111 on: February 19, 2016, 07:55:27 AM

Well it changed something because they ended up in some dystopian future at the end.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: February 19, 2016, 09:20:49 AM

You missed savage blowing up when they activated the bombs in the room? He had no need to shoot him when he was already going to blow him up. I would likely have still done so just because savage is a dick but its not like they did not "kill" him in as much as he can be killed for any period of time.

I mean wasn't the whole point of the series that they want to kill Savage for good and to do that they need hawk girl to get the last blow. If it's just about "stopping" Savage at various points then why not just nuke (or use something slightly less destructive) every point in time (and space) where they think Savage might turn up (since "small" collateral damage clearly isn't a concern).
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: February 19, 2016, 09:51:24 AM

Step 1: Shoot Savage to incapacitate him.
Step 2: Take him into space and shoot him towards the sun.
Step 3: Taco Bell.

Time travel is a ridiculously hard story element to handle well.  Paradoxes are all over the place and nearly impossible to avoid.  This is one reason I'd nuke this series at the end of the season and do something else.  Teen Titans might be available.  Perhaps Power Company? 

Or just do something new and Justice League-esque: A few key individuals form a super team (present day) and quietly reach out to emerging heroes to get them to join up.  They then pull in members to team up against major threats as they emerge.  Maybe 4 characters that are in essentially every episode and then a rotating bunch of guest stars as whatever characters DC lets them have.... Maybe the 4 keys could be something like Rip Hunter, Constantine, Manhunter and Vibe - covering the time, magic, space and dimensional threats that would require a team up.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: February 20, 2016, 07:04:23 AM

The MacGuffin just doesn't make sense. It could have been at least a sort of "there are clues about how to undo Savage's immortality scattered across time", basically a hunt-the-Horcruxes plot, or something else that would explain why they go where they go. Right now it's just flailing around incoherently.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #115 on: February 22, 2016, 07:46:12 AM

The MacGuffin just doesn't make sense. It could have been at least a sort of "there are clues about how to undo Savage's immortality scattered across time", basically a hunt-the-Horcruxes plot, or something else that would explain why they go where they go. Right now it's just flailing around incoherently.

Yep, I have no idea what they are doing plot wise. I still like it. But I agree they could have done better than explaining that THIS KNIFE AND THIS LADY can kill Savage at the beginning. I mean, draw it out man.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: February 26, 2016, 07:07:22 AM

Legends of Tomorrow, you failed this universe.

Time travel is very hard to pull off, but this is worse than most attempts.  The characters are wandering through personal story lines with no connection between episodes (now we're friends,  now we hate each other, or we're crushing on someone...)   The audience is 10 steps ahead of all the characters when it comes to any time travel 'twist'.   Horribly disappointing.

And I'm not even going to start tearing into how bad of a character Rip Hunter is.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #117 on: February 27, 2016, 04:03:08 PM

I liked the last episode. More focus on alternate reality and characters which they neglected at the beginning.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #118 on: March 04, 2016, 07:03:05 AM

For those that complained we don't get enough about Rip's character, I think this last episode did a better job of featuring him and his family as his internal conflict over time/romance/duty. It was probably one of the better development episodes so far.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #119 on: March 08, 2016, 07:06:30 PM

And then they get rid of one of the most entertaining characters.  swamp poop

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: March 08, 2016, 07:13:45 PM

And then they get rid of one of the most entertaining characters.  swamp poop

Off screen in a comic book.  You know better.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #121 on: March 08, 2016, 08:23:51 PM

Still the idea that he might not be back on this show diminishes it. He had some of the best lines.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: March 08, 2016, 09:27:11 PM

Still the idea that he might not be back on this show diminishes it. He had some of the best lines.

Well the title of the episode was "Marooned."
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #123 on: March 09, 2016, 05:40:01 AM

I'm waiting for this week's episode to move things forward. They've had a good bit of character development mish-mash and now I expect them to get the ship moving again.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: March 09, 2016, 05:55:14 AM

Finally got around to the first episode.

It was junk.  Apart from Hawkgirls bod and The Prison Break Boys, I don't see the appeal of this shit at all.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: March 09, 2016, 06:06:57 AM

Yeah, the Prson Break Boys are the only redeeming thing in this, which makes the decisions in the last episode really baffling.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: March 11, 2016, 12:46:52 PM

Renewed.  I'd rather have seen a new DC show replace it, but I'll take it, I guess.  Maybe the rotating cast will help fix the problems we see.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #127 on: March 11, 2016, 01:09:13 PM

I loved the episode in the 50s. You had hot blonde with lesbian other hot nurse blonde. You had interracial couple 50s nonsense. You had jocks trying to beat up the black kid hitting on the white womenz. Plus you had Savage eating the scenery as he spawned a wave of insane meteor monsters.

The only downside is Chronos who just seems to show up to annoy me, and they need to deal with that. Yes yes, Time Masters are pissed, we get it. The next episode really needs to resolve that conflict.

Also, I'm glad it was renewed. I don't like much comic book stuff but I like this.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: March 11, 2016, 06:38:50 PM

This is maximum comic book stuff. If you like this, you like comic book stuff. I cannot conceive of a rule that says, "I like this, but I don't like comic books."

"I love beef, only I hate eating cows."
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #129 on: March 14, 2016, 03:37:44 PM

I'm pretty picky about my comic book stuff

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: March 14, 2016, 05:26:34 PM

I'm dumbfounded by anyone that doesn't think that this show is miles worse than Flash and Arrow ... even with Arrow's uneven current season. The story wanders, the time travel rules make no sense, and that acting is almost all scene chewing or bland.

This show is so much less than it should be.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #131 on: March 14, 2016, 07:56:48 PM

I couldn't get past the first episode.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: March 14, 2016, 08:46:00 PM

I'm dumbfounded by anyone that doesn't think that this show is miles worse than Flash and Arrow ... even with Arrow's uneven current season. The story wanders, the time travel rules make no sense, and that acting is almost all scene chewing or bland.

This show is so much less than it should be.

It's the closest thing we have to a true superhero team show.  Instead of a Hero and his sidekicks.  Overall I like it.  I think it's a lil rough around the edges but it's pure comic book fluff.  I think the biggest problem is the shorter season and them having to do character arcs for all the characters and still deal with the main plot.  All the time travel junk doesn't bother me cuz it's a comic book show and I don't expect them to follow any logic when it comes to that.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: March 15, 2016, 02:55:21 AM

I couldn't get past the first episode.

If by first episode you mean the pilot (which was part one and two here), then you're right.

It's really quite remarkably bad.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #134 on: March 19, 2016, 08:45:14 PM

Oh there are plenty of cringeworthy bits in every single episode, the story does make very little sense and the time travel rules are contradictory when they even bother with them. Still, I enjoy it for the characters and the actors. It's certainly worse than any of the super hero shows out there right now, of that there can be no debate. I still enjoy it in a guilty pleasure sort of way and hope that next season will be a different dynamic with a smaller, more focused, not time-travel based team.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: March 20, 2016, 01:57:00 PM

Well the producers cleared up what they meant about a different team next season.  They actually meant the characters won't be the same personality wise, they'll have grown as heroes etc.  They said there may be a new addition or 2 but the core team looks to remain the same. 

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #136 on: April 08, 2016, 07:27:17 AM

The last two episodes have been better. More of a focus on getting to Savage even though the plans are hilariously stupid. KIDNAP A GUY'S SON! IT DOES NOTHING!

It's like they don't want to admit they already spelled out how to kill Savage and the rest of this is just posturing. Also, the lost story between Hawk Girl and Atom Man is hilariously bad. It's as if the writers said, wait we need something here and our coolest character is a lesbian. Hmmm, what do we do?

A lesbian romance with Sarah would have been 10x cooler, but no. We get this.

The twist about Rory was good. Having him and Snark fight was good. The parallels and the questions of can people be redeemed was good. The bad part was the conclusion and how it all wrapped up to be pointless. Apparently next week we're going to the Wild West because reasons. So I'm going to sit back and stop worrying about the meta-plot and enjoy the week to week shenanigans, and hopefully avoid Palmer and Hawk-girls romance.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: April 08, 2016, 08:17:22 AM

How is Sarah a lesbian? the only relationship they've shown her in was with Oliver.

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: April 08, 2016, 08:29:34 AM

How is Sarah a lesbian? the only relationship they've shown her in was with Oliver.

Sarah and Nyssa were snuggle bunnies.   awesome, for real
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: April 08, 2016, 08:35:37 AM

Not even subtle snuggle bunnies! Explicit we-said-we're-lesbians-snuggle-bunnies.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Legends of Tomorrow  
Jump to: