Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 09:00:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - DAY FIVE - Rolling Skulls for the Skull Throne 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season X - DAY FIVE - Rolling Skulls for the Skull Throne  (Read 25456 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: April 26, 2015, 09:15:39 AM

Play by May 7th.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 02:56:07 PM

Think my luck this season is cursed cos I am pretty sure a UK v AUS match is going to have to be played at the weekend and next weekend being a bank holiday I am off to visit the folks so unless we catch each other on steam I am going to have to cede this match as well.

Will keep an eye out for you Lameros but not too hopeful, sorry.
balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 09:29:52 PM

Avaia: I can play most weeknights, and most times this upcoming Saturday. I'm Pacific Daylight Time, so UTC-7.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 10:21:47 PM

CmdrSlack:  This week is a bit tight.   I can work free during the day, but weekday evenings are booked, as is Saturday until the late afternoon.  Weekday before 4pm could work, Saturday evening, or most anytime Sunday.  I'm on PST (UTC -7).

What times work best for you?

-Jasper
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:40:03 AM by Jasper »
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 01:39:43 AM

Hihello RK. When shall Team Anime meet the d0rfs? I'm UTC+2; weekdays I can be available during evenings (6pm-11pm... ish). Saturday is probably out due to various festivities, but my Sunday looks to be fully open.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 02:28:06 AM

Just add me on steam and see if we can settle it?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 06:30:28 AM

CmdrSlack:  This week is a bit tight.   I can work free during the day, but weekday evenings are booked, as is Saturday until the late afternoon.  Weekday before 4pm could work, Saturday evening, or most anytime Sunday.  I'm on PST (UTC -7).

-Jasper

I am on CST. Weekends are best for me so Saturday afternoon or Sunday AM is ideal.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

Match Summary Turn 1 - Thrown Rock. Dead Dwarf.  why so serious?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 10:03:54 AM

Doujin and Dragons triumph over Grudge Eternal 1-0.

The match was pretty much awesome, for real mixed with some  ACK!, in no small part due to me being terrible (and/or new) at blood bowl. The win was well-deserved, with RK47 constantly forcing my dorfs out of position, not being able to capitalize on my Guard-equipped blockers. Tackle helped, but not that much.

Highlights:
- Immediately at kickoff, a dwarf getting hit in the face with a rock. I used the apo to get him back up for later drives figuring that there won't be many other injuries later on. Oh ye of little faith...
- At the start of the first drive, a dwarf was getting injured or killed [!] every turn. This culminated in the second half with a pretty bad injury on my backup runner Naddur Ban Dok (I guess RK47 doesn't like sidequests in Betrayal at Krondor, dohohoho). Lots of casualties on the Amazon side too, though only one lasting injury I think.
- My merc blocker was probably the best-performing player on the pitch, even causing a casualty... but thankfully someone else got the 5 SPP!
- I totally messed up the play at turn 14+, could've had a chance to equalize if I didn't try to get fancy with a blitz. But now I have learned that blitzes at the edge of movement range cause GFIs. I will endure. In enduring, I will grow strong.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:17:35 AM by Zetor »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 02:30:11 PM

Nuffle gives McKnight a 1-0 win over the Daemons. In the first four turns of the game, he injured 6 of my players including the Herald and the BT. Despite it being my drive, I was hard pressed to keep the Undead from scoring in the first half. For most of it I had fewer than 3 players able to stand up. Between utterly ridiculous injury dice, Undead 1d blocks that never failed to knock down and break armour and my inability to do anything the Undead scored on turn 14. I failed every defensive blitz, every dodge to mark the unsupported ball carrier and every roll that mattered. With three turns to play, he kicks the ball right into the hands of my BT. WHo is heavily marked on the LoS and can't move far enough to get free. I go for a hail mary play and move a cultist into scoring range so that I can try for a last ditch throw but he carries on the grand tradition of failing every dodge roll and that's the game.

I have no levelups and 4 MNGs including a few -stat injuries. I didn't check too closely on exactly what they were because I was pretty cheesed at the way the game went.

I'm trying not to be bitter about it but I'm really having a hard time with this game at the moment. Our teams were fairly evenly matched, I had a lot more experience and felt that I was the better coach but, like so many other matches this season, I've basically been unable to contest the game thanks to the dice. This game was entirely one sided right from the start, there was literally nothing I could do to influence the result.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 02:52:03 PM

I think we usually play on weekends Megrim? Let me know when you're free. I can usually do a midnight my time/late afternoon your time type game as well.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
mcknight
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 03:06:56 PM

Well myself and Iain played our game just a few minutes ago and my god it was a Bloodbath, even by regular Bloodbowl standards. The game kicked off strong as the first block of the game killing Iain's Bloodletter Demon (although he managed to salvage it to badly hurt with a quick apothecary roll, allowing it back on in the next drive). The Undead weren't stopping there though, targeting a low armor Herald of Khorne and putting him out of commision as well alongside two of his Pitfighter teammates. Best Frenzy forever decided they had enough of our shenanigans and put two ghouls in the dugout alongside a Mummy and a Zombie. Thankfully for the Undead they are notoriously hard to injure leaving their players only badly hurt, while the Khorne team were not so lucky with a grand total of 6 serious injuries through the course of the game. The ball changed hands a few times in the first half but nothing came of it, while the Undead managed to get a Wight in for a score in the 2nd half to clinch the win.

28 Teams Later 1 - 0 Best Frenzy Forever

I just want to take a moment to give some massive props to Iain for being a good sport. He kept the game damn close even though the dice gods clearly wanted nothing to do with him this game. Every risk he took was punished, every block I throw seemed to get through the Armor of his players (even accounting for Mighty Blow it was extraordinary) and the injury rolls were not kind to him.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 04:18:00 PM

-Jasper

I am on CST. Weekends are best for me so Saturday afternoon or Sunday AM is ideal.
Saturday I have a fencing tournament, so while I'll be available at some point I'm a bit fuzzy on how long it will last.  Sunday sounds like it's the most straight forward, say 9am PDT, 11am CDT? (I believe we're both on daylight time)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 05:41:00 AM

-Jasper

Saturday I have a fencing tournament, so while I'll be available at some point I'm a bit fuzzy on how long it will last.  Sunday sounds like it's the most straight forward, say 9am PDT, 11am CDT? (I believe we're both on daylight time)

That sounds very workable. And like an excuse to drink a couple of beers before noon. If the last match taught me anything, it's that sometimes beer is needed to ease the pain of being utterly crushed.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 03:32:06 PM

Avaia: I can play most weeknights, and most times this upcoming Saturday. I'm Pacific Daylight Time, so UTC-7.

I'm going to be out of town until Saturday, but I've sent a steam request to schedule.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 01:15:26 AM

So Eldaec, any idea when we might get our game played? (tried messaging you on steam but haven't managed to catch you online since the weekend when you were afk).

I'm (still) utc+2 and I'll be around for the weekend (and all of friday)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 01:23:42 AM

Probably online a little tonight, more tomorrow, and quite a bit on Saturday, if I don't catch you tonight or tomotrow, will post some times to make sure we catch each other.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 07:54:09 AM

So, apparently, the only way to reset a password in Bloodbowl is to have Cyanide do it manually, you have to send them an email, and wait for a human to read it.

I suppose we should be thankful this is not handled by messages attached to crows.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 08:43:50 AM

So, apparently, the only way to reset a password in Bloodbowl is to have Cyanide do it manually, you have to send them an email, and wait for a human to read it.

I suppose we should be thankful this is not handled by messages attached to crows.

I guess they are making sure people switch to bb2 once it's out by "enhancing their customer service experience" for people still playing the current game.  why so serious?
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 10:24:58 AM

Any commissioners around?  CmdrSlack and I just had our match freeze before starting, yielding a spurious 0-0 result.  We need a reset.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 10:34:20 AM

We just went ahead and reschedule for Monday night, or perhaps tonight if there's a quick reset.

At least it failed before the match, rather than halfway through. :-/
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 06:30:37 PM

We just went ahead and reschedule for Monday night, or perhaps tonight if there's a quick reset.

At least it failed before the match, rather than halfway through. :-/

I've reset it.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 11:15:05 PM

Also, Ingmar and I played - Necro sat on the ball for like, 90% of the game, and dragged out a relatively bland 1-0 win.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 02:04:50 AM

Any commissioners around?  CmdrSlack and I just had our match freeze before starting, yielding a spurious 0-0 result.  We need a reset.

I can't do anything unless and until Cyanide feel like resetting my password, but hopefully someone can help.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 01:19:41 PM

I think I had 2 or 3 guys on the field at the end of the match with Megrim. My fate was pretty much sealed when neither of my two leveled vampires woke up from KO for the 2nd half when I was kicking it away.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 05, 2015, 12:22:19 PM

Beards bashed Brains 1-0 though the mvp was certainly the injury dice as they eviscerated Eldaec's players killing off 2 players and injuring 2 more.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 02:02:44 PM

Was a rough game. But ultimately won by a dwarf team realising they have to press for maximum contact and lost by a human side who fell for it.

Well played Satael.

willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 11:29:04 PM

I've basically had no time to play, totalled my car and it's taken a while to get it sorted, so if we don't get time for our game by the end of tommrrow I'm happy to take the loss.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:01:54 AM by willisterman »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 06, 2015, 12:37:41 AM

Think we have 3 games left, is everyone else scheduled?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 01:54:55 AM

Nope, don't think Ulysses is around and able to make this one.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 06, 2015, 02:44:09 AM

I'm back now but as its a UK v Australia timezone match only realistic chance of play is the weekend. Since it's my fault we missed this weekend then I am happy to cede the match and move the day on.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 06, 2015, 07:29:55 AM

ChmdrSlack and I have had trouble connecting these past few nights; hopefully tonight?
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #32 on: May 06, 2015, 09:08:20 AM

ChmdrSlack and I have had trouble connecting these past few nights; hopefully tonight?
I'm apparently an old man who cannot stay up late to save his life.  Will try again tonight.  Would hate to hold everyone else up. Weekends are generally easier...when the match doesn't glitch.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #33 on: May 06, 2015, 12:16:17 PM

There is no way Willisterman and I are going to be able to play our game by the deadline, unfortunately.  We've talked here and there about playing and have missed one another a few times, but it never worked out due to our schedules being difficult right now.  I'm moving into a new house this week and I haven't had any time to play.

We've both decided a draw is the fairest solution and we don't want to hold up the league.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 06, 2015, 12:18:28 PM

There is no way Willisterman and I are going to be able to play our game by the deadline, unfortunately.  We've talked here and there about playing and have missed one another a few times, but it never worked out due to our schedules being difficult right now.  I'm moving into a new house this week and I haven't had any time to play.

We've both decided a draw is the fairest solution and we don't want to hold up the league.

Yep, sorry guys.  If the league is happy with it, I am.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - DAY FIVE - Rolling Skulls for the Skull Throne  
Jump to: