Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:21:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 6.2: Burning Crusade, now in 4K HD! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 6.2: Burning Crusade, now in 4K HD!  (Read 37035 times)
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 30, 2015, 09:59:07 AM

Flying is dead. They are tired for programming for it.  why so serious?

No, you've got the line wrong.

"Not having flying allows us to create a more immersive experience and goals that don't require challenges to happen in a cave.  Flying encourages a "swoop in, kill the objective, fly out" gameplay that was detrimental to the world as a whole."

It's the PR Bot, burn it with fire!  Mob

No, I haven't seen Simond post in a while.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 30, 2015, 08:01:37 PM

Flying was fun for 5 minutes.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 30, 2015, 09:48:58 PM

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 30, 2015, 10:19:29 PM

Speaking of which, where the fuck is my troll dungeon, Blizzard?!

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 01, 2015, 07:26:59 AM

I think this expansion was fun without flying. Leveling up and doing the pre-raid gearing by doing world bosses, collecting shit for my garrison, doing garrison quests and dailieis, you saw a ton of people running around doing stuff. It gave me good vibes. They should of had more shit to do.

Of course the raid game in WOW is fucking awful. LFR is a travesty of gameplay. Not because it's an easy raid, not because it's some elitist hate for noobs getting free gear, it's just boring unfun gameplay. Questing is harder.

They should of focused on a different "end game" of some kind. I guess it's too late for that though.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #40 on: May 01, 2015, 07:36:07 AM

I agree, I've had a lot of fun with it. The Garrison stuff does begin to become a chore, but I've finally realized I don't have to do EVERYTHING on every character. I'll swap missions once a day on all of them and do the tradeskill orders on 1-2 and no more. Really upped the enjoyment factor by a lot when I was finally able to let go like that.

Hell, my Monk's been level 100 for 2 weeks now and still has level 1 buildings and a level 2 garrison with only 16 followers. I don't feel that obsessive need to complete anymore and things are a LOT more fun.

LFR doesn't have to be as easy and terrible as they've made it. The problem is the raids require near-perfect execution on some levels these days so they just nerf the LFR version to the point mechanics don't matter at all. I didn't really realize this was the case until I did a 5-man dungeon again for the first time in 3 months when the monk hit 100.  I was dying left and right, fucking-up everywhere and struggling. Then I finally hit 615, ran a Highmaul and it felt like I was sleepwalking for better loot.  What. The. Actual. Fuck.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 01, 2015, 06:38:29 PM

I capped out at 655 TO 660 gear and stopped having fun. I'm curious about mythic 5 man progression stuff, but not enough to resub.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 02, 2015, 04:50:01 AM

I agree, I've had a lot of fun with it. The Garrison stuff does begin to become a chore, but I've finally realized I don't have to do EVERYTHING on every character. I'll swap missions once a day on all of them and do the tradeskill orders on 1-2 and no more. Really upped the enjoyment factor by a lot when I was finally able to let go like that.

Hell, my Monk's been level 100 for 2 weeks now and still has level 1 buildings and a level 2 garrison with only 16 followers. I don't feel that obsessive need to complete anymore and things are a LOT more fun.

LFR doesn't have to be as easy and terrible as they've made it. The problem is the raids require near-perfect execution on some levels these days so they just nerf the LFR version to the point mechanics don't matter at all. I didn't really realize this was the case until I did a 5-man dungeon again for the first time in 3 months when the monk hit 100.  I was dying left and right, fucking-up everywhere and struggling. Then I finally hit 615, ran a Highmaul and it felt like I was sleepwalking for better loot.  What. The. Actual. Fuck.
What spec is your monk?  cause unless you are a tank, i really dont see how you could possibly be dying and struggling in 5 mans.   the heroics can be pretty punishing on low geared tanks if you are not familiar with what pulls REALLY need cc.  A few of them like Shadowmoon / The Train one have some brutally nasty trash pulls in them.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 02, 2015, 07:52:53 AM

I struggle healing as a disc priest with 615 gear in some of the dungeons, especially when people don't know the mechanics.

The bird with the ashes piles. Last boss in Shadowmoon. And just fuck Grimrail Depot. That is a nasty dungeon.

If you run those with a group of people in 615 gear who don't know the mechanics, wipes incoming.

Lately, I've seen some players in LFG who don't seem to know basic things like "let the tank pull" and "turn off taunt on pet" and other bad habits that I can only assume come from being a new player leveling up where dungeon basics aren't really needed.

Edited to add: LFR is way easier than 5mans, for new 100s.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #44 on: May 02, 2015, 08:23:30 AM

Yeah it was all of the above, there.  Nobody overgeared seems to run Heroics these days. I know I don't do it on my LFR toons or my main raider. Just don't want to bother. When I was in with the monk it seemed 3/5 people would get the heroic completion achieve each time.

I expect that if folks are like me and taking new toons through, but several times I had people say, "never done this dungeon before. (tanks in particular)  It's weird, like there's a new crop of players coming in or reactivating somewhere.

What spec is your monk?  cause unless you are a tank, i really dont see how you could possibly be dying and struggling in 5 mans.   the heroics can be pretty punishing on low geared tanks if you are not familiar with what pulls REALLY need cc.  A few of them like Shadowmoon / The Train one have some brutally nasty trash pulls in them.

Windwalker. I know I suck at it badly, which is part of the problem. Another appears to be that the tanks in Heroics right now don't know how to taunt (Many deaths were me pulling aggro somehow) AND don't know how to mitigate their own damage/ self-heal.** 

I know that one of the problems I had leveling-up was I was using Heirlooms where most of my dungeon groups seemed to have twinked with 3/3 max-level Draenor crafted items. I stopped comparing dps once I realized that a level 91 Dk had a level 670 2h, Chest and Helm in one group.  (We DESTROYED that place, unsurprisingly)  I'm starting to get used to the rotation, so my dps is creeping up, same with the my item level. However, due to 'standard' item level, healers who were struggling and tanks who didn't know what they were doing it makes 5-mans more difficult than they should be.

** I think this is part of why you're struggling, Xanth, though Disc does seem to require higher item levels early on due to low mastery scores on pre-raid gear.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 06, 2015, 02:47:19 PM

Down to 7.1 million subscribers. That's basically where it was at the end of MoP. I guess the garrisons didn't hold everyone's attention. They are going to need to churn some content out quicker or they will bleed out even more.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #46 on: May 06, 2015, 04:09:08 PM

It's almost as if you need to produce content or people get bored and leave. I wonder if they'll learn this?*

*they won't

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #47 on: May 06, 2015, 05:27:52 PM

Content? What? We released a whole new raid zone for 5 weeks!

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 06, 2015, 07:13:19 PM

The raid content they "added via patch" was in the game at WoD launch, and was just artificially delayed to make tier 1 last longer. I'm not sure it counts.

IMO they only patch content they've really added was some QoL stuff, some battle pets, and a few legendary quest chain steps. Even I've unsubbed at this point, and I was part of the small fraction of their playerbase interested in regular raiding. If you weren't interested in raiding, or were satisfied with seeing it through LFR, I genuinely have no idea what worthwhile stuff you would have had to do over the the last 5 months. The only options that come to mind (leveling alts?) are things people have been doing for over a decade.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #49 on: May 06, 2015, 08:18:45 PM

Down to 7.1 million subscribers. That's basically where it was at the end of MoP. I guess the garrisons didn't hold everyone's attention. They are going to need to churn some content out quicker or they will bleed out even more.

That's the falloff I was expecting after Q1. When they post Q2, it will look like a bloodbath. I'm guessing the game is around 6M or lower by then.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 06, 2015, 11:36:10 PM

Maybe it's all intentional... they're trying to switch everyone over to Hearthstone! Mark my words, in 2020 WOW will just turn into an amusing minigame you play between Hearthstone sessions. The rivers shall run purple with the discarded gear of the unbelievers, yea, and the wails of the hardcore raiders shall be swallowed by the sound of a billion decks being shuffled...

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 6.2: Burning Crusade, now in 4K HD!  
Jump to: