Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:13:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 6.2: Burning Crusade, now in 4K HD! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 6.2: Burning Crusade, now in 4K HD!  (Read 37032 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: April 14, 2015, 05:00:09 AM

http://www.wowhead.com/news=247149/6-2-ptr-patch-notes

- New outdoor questine zone--Tanaan Jungle. Access it by constructing a Shipyard in your Level 3 Garrison.
- The Shipyard lets you dispatch ships on Naval Missions.
- Hellfire Citadel is the new raid, featuring Kilrogg, Gorefiend, Archimonde, and more!
- Dungeons have a new difficulty--Mythic. They drop gear which is ilvl 680-700. This difficulty is on a weekly lockout.
- Players can finish the legendary ring quest line in 6.2.
- New Darkmoon Potions and Fishing at the Faire.
- Challenge Mode daily quests reward ilvl 680 gear, up from 660.
- Lightforge Heirloom plate armor pieces have been added for helm ( Pristine Lightforge Helm), chest ( Pristine Lightforge Breastplate), and legs ( Pristine Lightforge Legplates)to complete the Intellect plate set.
- Apexis Crystals no longer have a cap.
- Glyph of Ice Runes, Aspect of the Fox, and Amplify Magic have been removed.

And a shit ton of new models that make everything, well,  awesome, for real

I mean, look at this new Felhunter.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:01:15 AM

People still do Apexis crystal dailies enough to hit the cap? Why?

Also: Removing Aspect of the Fox and Amp Magic? Why, it wasn't like those made encounters super easy. Made them more manageable, yes, but it wasn't trivializing anything.  Incredibly dumb.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:11:13 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 07:45:21 AM

I've gotten burned out more quickly on this expansion more than any previous. I'm not even sure why. I felt like the overall feel of it was pretty good. As a casual there are more things to do now than ever. Been playing this game for 10 years, it is probably time to hang it up.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 08:30:17 AM

If you're like me, then you got burned out because the things to do are chunked out into a lot of very tiny tasks. Instead of fewer big goals. If you've got a lot of alts, that means things get tedious really quickly because you think, "Shit, I already did this."

I can't stand to run LFR on more than one character because it's chunked out into 4 separate queues.  Trying to do garrison tasks just becomes a chore because there's a minimum of 4 things to do on each character, up to as many as 12 'little' tasks in each garrison a day. 

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 09:21:24 AM

Yes.  That's precisely it for me.

When you're doing 'stuff' and thinking 'wouldn't it be nice if doing this stuff did the stuff for all the alts that need the stuff' then something's very wrong.

The Garrison should have been an account thing.  After all, look at heirlooms and pets.  They work very well now.

Garrisons ?  Not so much.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 03:28:57 PM

I just gave up on garrison. I have 700 salvage boxes to open and even just running missions on all 11 characters is too much. Admittedly all my characters geared up to 650 without actually leaving the garrison. I haven't done every heroic, not even on my tank which raids.

The game was fun leveling the first time but I found that the garrison actually discourages getting out into the real world. Admittedly the salvage chests dis make me over 300K gold in vendoring shit but I also found that it kept me supplied with raw materials so that I didn't need to skin, mine, pick flowers etc.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 07:05:38 AM

The Garrison should have been an account thing.  After all, look at heirlooms and pets.  They work very well now.

Exactly.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 08:14:04 AM

The removal of Fox and Amp Magic now, in the middle of an X-pac, leads me to believe they're into shifting designer syndrome and there's someone new at the wheel or in charge of the clusterfuck that is their process.  Perhaps we'll see a shift in Garrisons as well in the future. 

Although they're more likely to be abandoned, just like the farm which could have been integrated into Garrisons.  awesome, for real

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 09:12:33 AM

If the farm was integrated into garrisons, it would have been yet another chore to drive people away.

But if the garrisons were per account, or per faction/account, then it would have been terrific.

I gave up on my horde garrisons/characters. More than two garrisons is too much to deal with for me. Two becomes too chore-like. I don't even like to gather on both of them.

Edited to add: Anyone running multiple garrisons ought to use the Master Plan add on from Curse. It streamlines garrison missions nicely.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 11:07:01 AM

Oh without a doubt.  If they had farms I'd have expected it to be faction/ account.. which would make life so much easier now if done that way.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 11:30:52 AM

The removal of Fox and Amp Magic now, in the middle of an X-pac, leads me to believe they're into shifting designer syndrome and there's someone new at the wheel or in charge of the clusterfuck that is their process.  Perhaps we'll see a shift in Garrisons as well in the future. 

Although they're more likely to be abandoned, just like the farm which could have been integrated into Garrisons.  awesome, for real

They're making pretty enormous changes for a few classes including Brewmasters. Lots more shifting to passive mitigation instead of active. Primary Chi spend no longer provides any defensive benefit. etc.

Really wish they'd just waited until the next xpac before making all these big changes. At this rate I'm not really interested in playing the class.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 11:36:11 AM

One thing about this expansion, it sure seems like the expansion for tanks. They're completely broken in early dungeons - I don't think Blizz even tries anymore to balance those. My druid tank that I'm leveling almost always has the highest dps in groups - like way highest, double the next one.

Maybe it will change now that's she 70ish.

Is 6.2 the last major patch before whatever the next expansion is? Have they even announced a next expansion yet?
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 12:13:11 PM

Setting: Activision Blizzard Conference Room 17

Suit 1: World of Warcraft: Overwatch

Lawyer: But we can't call it Overwatch, that's trademarked.

Suit 2: Hmm.

Suit 1: How about Overcorrection then.

Suit 2: World of Warcraft: Overcorrection in the Other Direction.

Yes Man: Can't wait for this to come out in 2017.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 12:56:30 PM

Anyone read up on the timewalking feature?

Timewalking will be available to characters who are level 71 and higher for Burning Crusade content, and level 81 and up for Wrath of the Lich King dungeons. It will open up only during certain three-day-long weekend holidays

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18710308/patch-62-preview-timewalking-4-14-2015

Are they serious with this?  swamp poop

edit: added link to article
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 12:58:36 PM by Mithas »
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 01:22:28 PM

Yeah, the timewalking thing was datamined sometime in MOP, and they all but said they want to add it in as a way to make revisiting old content worthwhile or something. Considering Blizz's love for rehashing and milking old content instead of creating new stuff, I'm surprised implementing this took so long!  awesome, for real

(TBH I'm kinda interested in checking it out, though I was hoping they'd make it a permanent thing to add some variance to max-level play for non-raiders. Ah well.)

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 01:23:33 PM

I'm actually interested in it too. People have been asking for this sort of thing forever. However, limiting it to special 3 day holiday weekends is absolutely stupid.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 01:27:54 PM

I'm actually interested in it too. People have been asking for this sort of thing forever. However, limiting it to special 3 day holiday weekends is absolutely stupid.
No argument there... guess this is a way to get people to stay subbed so they "have a chance" to "experience" this "wonderful new content" one dungeon at a time since there is a different rotation every week. I don't think its implementation could get any more Blizzard than that!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 01:28:39 PM

It's probably to ensure you don't have a 100 minute queue time as you wait on a tank to show up. Limit the availability and you increase the pool of potential players. Make it open all the time and it's too easy to say, "Meh, maybe tomorrow."

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 01:31:15 PM

I wish they got around to implementing scaled level LFG, like FFXIV's dungeon roulette system.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 01:38:26 PM

Yeah, I've been advocating for that forever. Many other dikus on the market have/had sidekicking (EQ2, AOC, FFXIV, RIFT), so it's not like it's impossible to implement. Plus, the Challenge Mode / Proving Grounds systems already have working examples of both types of scaling: downscaling gear to a set ilevel, or upscaling enemies to the player's ilevel.

I'm pretty sure they haven't implemented level-scaled LFG because they don't want it for whatever reason. Maybe they think this approach will get more longevity out of rehashing the same dungeons (as compared to just dumping all old dungeons into the LFG system at once)?

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 05:03:27 PM

My druid tank that I'm leveling almost always has the highest dps in groups - like way highest, double the next one.

Maybe it will change now that's she 70ish.

I pull about 13K dps as a warrior with crit/mastery gear in 654 ilevel gear. It annoys the DK offtank :) My pally in similar gear could only manage 9500 - haven't raided on my druid tank yet.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 07:44:04 PM

Pally tanks have DPS issues, Warriors are insane on mass mobs and DKs are broken all around in terms of being able to pull good DPS on single and multiple mobs and Survive shit that kills others. My raid lead was thinking of switching to DK instead of Warrior because his alt was able to tank things so much easier.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 12:22:01 AM

Pally tanks have DPS issues, Warriors are insane on mass mobs and DKs are broken all around in terms of being able to pull good DPS on single and multiple mobs and Survive shit that kills others. My raid lead was thinking of switching to DK instead of Warrior because his alt was able to tank things so much easier.
Yep.  DK's just have pretty crazy survivability.  Yesterday in LFR, some wonderful person decided to pull ALLLLLLL of the trash down the Gruul Hallway in slagworks at the same time while I was tanking the first pack.  I also happened to be the ONLY tank, as we hadnt gotten a repacement yet for the one who dropped when Oregorger died.   I am by no means an expert DK tank, as my DK is like my 4th alt, but I still  managed to tank all that shit like a boss untill I completely ran out of cooldowns and flubbed  my rotation with only like 4 mobs remaining at around 4% health each.    I am reasonably sure if i had tried to do that solo on my druid or pally tank I  would have been a stain on the ground a hell of a lot sooner.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 09:34:51 AM

At 100, Druid tanks seem to have less mitigation or something than other tanks - from healing them, they seem to soak up more mana/shields than the others.

It's interesting leveling up through dungeons exclusively. I have no idea how new players learn how to play these days, because they won't learn it in the dungeons. Dungeon etiquette is at an all time low, leveling up.

Some tanks are great, some are so awful that I wonder if they are even specced for tanking. Some healers just stand there - probably because they don't have to heal much in lower levels. Some dps don't even bother doing anything. They enter the dungeon and then afk, I guess, wanting a carry.

Others just pull everything, and then when the healer dies and they die, they blame either the tank for "not holding aggro" or the healer for "not healing." My standard on these jerks is to "go get a drink" after warning them to stop pulling a second time - or when they say "hey, we don't even need a tank" and gallop off.

It appeals to the perverse little control freak part of me to tank in the early dungeons sometimes.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 04:48:52 PM

The timewalking thing is something I've always wanted really, but I'd rather have multiple dungeons in the rotation. Or a randomized set of pools with redesigned loot.

Also I want Karazhan split into 2-3 dungeons.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 05:38:18 PM

Yeah looking at Timewalking, it seems like a missed opportunity. It only comes up occasionally, and when it does you might get stuck with fucking Mana-Tombs?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 05:48:26 PM

I don't think it would've been that hard to just have some fucking interns do a pass over all the old dungeons and tweak mobs and rename/reitemize everything a bit so you can get armor sets and the like. I also would've organized the dungeons into "blocks" so you can do the WotLK block, BC block, etc.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 07:50:24 AM

I've gotten burned out more quickly on this expansion more than any previous. I'm not even sure why. I felt like the overall feel of it was pretty good. As a casual there are more things to do now than ever. Been playing this game for 10 years, it is probably time to hang it up.

This.  Did Imperator Mythic and just... ugh.  It's stale now.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 03:34:52 PM

This.  Did Imperator Mythic and just... ugh.  It's stale now.

Never forget?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 29, 2015, 02:19:05 AM

They are still being stubborn on the no flying thing I see.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 06:28:48 AM

Flying is dead. They are tired for programming for it.  why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 29, 2015, 06:59:32 AM

They're not tired of selling the mounts though. Fucking hypocrites.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #32 on: April 29, 2015, 08:23:08 AM

No, you've got the line wrong.

"Not having flying allows us to create a more immersive experience and goals that don't require challenges to happen in a cave.  Flying encourages a "swoop in, kill the objective, fly out" gameplay that was detrimental to the world as a whole."

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 08:47:31 AM

Plus if they allow flying in the new expansion you can bypass all the shitty jumping and tightrope puzzles they put in. Because neither of those things that are aggravating in WoW's engine.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #34 on: April 29, 2015, 09:13:56 AM

No, you've got the line wrong.

"Not having flying allows us to create a more immersive experience and goals that don't require challenges to happen in a cave.  Flying encourages a "swoop in, kill the objective, fly out" gameplay that was detrimental to the world as a whole."

It's the PR Bot, burn it with fire!  Mob

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 6.2: Burning Crusade, now in 4K HD!  
Jump to: