Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:37:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MLB 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLB 2015  (Read 48661 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #70 on: August 07, 2015, 01:05:40 PM

Braves are trading Chris Johnson for Michael Bourn and useless sack of shit Nick Swisher.

THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 09, 2015, 04:17:26 PM

He has been a fucking disaster the entire season, and still gets used in high leverage situations. That is on Lloyd. He should be pitching long relief and mop up duty until he unfucks himself. He has cost them 6 or 7 wins at least.

He hasn't been pitching high leverage situation. We put him in when we're either losing or winning by a lot. We put him in when we're tied only if we have no one else and/or are thinking we're going to be going into extra innings anyway. There is no good way to handle our relievers. We had to motherfucking put a starter in for relief at one point its so bad. If you think this is on Lloyd you don't have a clue about either how to manage pitchers or how bad shit is out there.

We can't put him in for long relief because his arm doesn't last that long. Two innings tops does not make a long reliever.
WayAbvPar

Reply #72 on: August 09, 2015, 05:36:10 PM

Do you even watch the games? His last 3 appearances have been in tie or close games.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: August 13, 2015, 02:38:16 PM

Is it safe to take a seat on the Jays band wagon now?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 13, 2015, 04:37:31 PM

Sure! There's plenty of room!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qag6w_Tp50A

why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #75 on: August 14, 2015, 10:53:42 AM

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: August 14, 2015, 04:52:18 PM

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: August 16, 2015, 01:34:25 AM

As long as I get play a flaming guitar then its all good.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #78 on: August 16, 2015, 12:40:03 PM

I'll be on the Jays bandwagon. Since my Cubs are actually competitive this year, I'll have to root for them first but after that, I'm good with the Jays or the Royals making some headway. The rest of the NL can go fuck itself, except for the Pirates, who have to be my fallback NL team.

WayAbvPar

Reply #79 on: August 18, 2015, 09:32:56 AM

Another Rodney appearance in a tied game, another loss. Still not Lloyd's fault?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #80 on: August 25, 2015, 04:16:23 PM

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #81 on: August 25, 2015, 05:53:00 PM

Someone should have sent him a meme that said 99% of libertarians are selfish manchildren. God he is a such a fucking douche.

ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: August 28, 2015, 12:49:27 PM

About freaking time the M's fired Jack Z!

Holding my breath they hire someone who understands or at least appreciates sabermetrics.
WayAbvPar

Reply #83 on: August 28, 2015, 04:21:15 PM

About freaking time the M's fired Jack Z!

Holding my breath they hire someone who understands or at least appreciates sabermetrics.

No chance. The same dolts are doing the hiring, so they will fuck this up too. The Mariners are doomed until they get a real owner who actually wants to win.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #84 on: September 02, 2015, 04:54:16 PM

The rumor that should horrify you is Kevin Towers.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 27, 2015, 04:48:09 PM

So...the Blue Jays are back in the playoffs and looking like they may even end up1st overall in the AL.  Not that you would know that from all the "coverage" they're getting from the US sports media. Ohhhhh, I see.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #86 on: September 27, 2015, 08:38:24 PM

Who cares about the Blue Jays when Jonathan Papelbon is trying to choke out his MVP-candidate teammate?  http://deadspin.com/jonathan-papelbon-and-bryce-harper-brawl-in-nationals-d-1733270056
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: September 28, 2015, 01:17:06 AM

Who cares about the Blue Jays when Jonathan Papelbon is trying to choke out his MVP-candidate teammate?  http://deadspin.com/jonathan-papelbon-and-bryce-harper-brawl-in-nationals-d-1733270056

OMG.  It's like you read my mind.  I was thinking about all the attention Papelbon has received lately compared to the almost zero mention of anything about the Jays not more than 2 mins ago and was going to post something to that effect.  Didn't know he choked out Harper today, though.  You know you're a douche bag when you make Bryce Harper into a sympathetic character.  I saw the play and it wasn't anything almost all major league players have done at some point, and a double "who gives a fuck?" because it was a completely meaningless game against the Phillies.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:24:09 AM by Ginaz »
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: September 28, 2015, 06:30:10 AM

As tempting as it is to cry American bias, the Jays aren't a standout story. Both them and the Cubs have impressive playoff stories.  Then there's still a lot of race talk, like the Astros collapse, and the overall AL wild card situation.

There will be more focus on playoff teams once it starts.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 28, 2015, 06:56:22 AM

The playoffs this year are easy.

Anyone but the Cardinals or the Yankees. Cubs/Royals WS? Fuck yeah.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #90 on: September 28, 2015, 07:25:41 AM

The only objectionable team for me in the AL is the Yankees

The only team I don't find objectionable in the NL is the Cubs. Maybe the Pirates but let's get real they'll flub it.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #91 on: September 28, 2015, 08:39:17 AM

Johnathan Papelbon needs to sit down and shut the fuck up. He gets a trade to a contender and makes almost no real impression other than to piss off the closer that they already had to the point where said closer busts his fist on a locker door. Oh and then he attacks the best player on their team for what amounts to fucking nothing. I'm not one to say Harper shouldn't leg out a fly ball but I'm not about to start talking shit to the dude who is obviously not happy about it when he comes back to the dugout. Especially when I then go out and throw a 2-run tater to a guy in a tie ballgame the very next fucking inning. Fuck Papelbon. I'm glad the Cubs didn't trade for him even though they could have used a closer. Too bad Harper didn't break his jaw - must not be a New York Jets fan.

As for the Blue Jays, if you watch MLB Network, they are getting a LOT of love there. It's just that their playoff return was a foregone conclusion after the trading deadline and there's other stories that have come up. The Rangers coming back from the dead to lead the AL West as the Astros collapse - also the Angels coming back to challenge for the wild card spot. The Twins charging for that AL Wild Card spot. The Mets finding an offense and winning a division. The utter failure of the Nats to live up to their potential and the ensuing soap opera.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #92 on: September 28, 2015, 09:31:35 AM

The utter failure of the Nats to live up to their potential and the ensuing soap opera.

This is my favorite part of a Braves fan with a shitty rebuilding team. Watching the Nats implode in real time while douchnozzle Bryce Harper has to stew on his "Where's my Ring" comment from the beginning of the season. Because that will live forever until he gets one. Just like Lebron's NOT ONE...

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #93 on: September 28, 2015, 01:56:51 PM

Papel-douche done for the season.

Since he was already facing a 3-game suspension for popping Manny Machado, the Nats suspended Papeldon for the other 4 games of the season because of the incident with Harper.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: September 28, 2015, 03:19:57 PM

The only team I don't find objectionable in the NL is the Cubs. Maybe the Pirates but let's get real they'll flub it.

Story of their season might be encapsulated by last 10 days -- win 8 in a row, then lose to the hot ace (Arietta) who they're most likely going to face in the one-and-done wildcard game.

Unless they can catch the Cardinals - 3 games out, but starting a 3 game series tonight.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: September 29, 2015, 08:48:46 AM

Papelbon's act was tired even on the Red Sox. As for people saying Harper should've hustled....Fuuuuuuuuckkkk offffffff. If that was the case Papelbon and David Ortiz would've fought ever night.

The whole 'respect the game', 'oh you pimped that home run/flipped your bat/stood in the batter's box exactly .1 seconds too long' shit is fucking bullshit. I'm especially looking at you Cardinals and Yankees (with a particular kick in the nuts for Brian McCann). Just fuck off and don't give up home runs if you don't like it.

How come no one gets pissed a pitcher for fist pumping when he gets an out?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: September 29, 2015, 08:54:15 AM

The Orioles are a sensitive bunch too. Expect some drama from Buck Showtalker and the gang if the Jays clinch tonight and get exuberant.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #97 on: September 29, 2015, 09:39:12 AM

How come no one gets pissed a pitcher for fist pumping when he gets an out?  Ohhhhh, I see.

You have a point. And I concur. Hit a home run, fuck it...you get to do whatever the hell you want, stand in the box till it bounces, watch it on the big screen, skip around the bases. Fuck prima donna pitchers getting their feelings hurt because a batter took them yard. Want to make a statement about it, strike his ass out next at bat, or intentionally walk him.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #98 on: September 29, 2015, 09:43:14 AM

So I suppose Way has not commented on the new GM for the Mariners due to being drunk off his ass in celebration? Not sure if this is a good signing or not, with Dipoto's troubles with Mike Scioscia causing him to lose his job. But surely Lloyd McClendon is easy to work with?  why so serious?

WayAbvPar

Reply #99 on: September 29, 2015, 09:49:29 AM

See my comments above- the same shitheads that hired the last two GMs are still running the show, and still retarded, so anyone they pick I will take with a truckload of salt. I am optimistic because DiPoto was at odds with the cretinous Scioscia, so that is a good mark in his column. See Jonah Keri's column on Grantland about it from last summer for details.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: September 29, 2015, 10:54:39 AM

How come no one gets pissed a pitcher for fist pumping when he gets an out?  Ohhhhh, I see.

The Jays in the 1992 ALCS didn't like the way Dennis Eckersley fist pumped towards the Toronto dugout after striking out Ed Sprague to end the 8th.  So when Roberto Alomar hit his home run off Eckersley to tie the game, the whole Blue Jay bench came out onto the field to celebrate and throw shit back at Eckersley.  It was beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhCePSe2Tac

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #101 on: October 08, 2015, 07:37:55 AM

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!!!

Ok so it was one game, but it was a damn good game. And now we get the Cardinals, who are vulnerable IMO despite having won 100 games.

Also, Jake Arrieta is pitching pretty goddamn good.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #102 on: October 08, 2015, 08:13:59 AM

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!!!

Ok so it was one game, but it was a damn good game. And now we get the Cardinals, who are vulnerable IMO despite having won 100 games.

Also, Jake Arrieta is pitching pretty goddamn good.

Yeah he is... that isn't in question. The rest of that bullpen, however, is.

I am kinda thankful the Pirates lost. Given my chosen sports teams, I have no sympathy for these river people and their wailing and gnashing of teeth because the Pirates got bounced, AGAIN - but I do understand. That said, at least I won't have to deal with the baseball fans and everyone can turn back into Steeler/Pens loonies.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #103 on: October 08, 2015, 08:30:01 AM

Yeah, the biggest weakness on the team is the bullpen. I have no faith in anyone in the Cubs pen. I still wish they hadn't pushed Arrieta to 9 innings last night though. We are going to need him in St. Louis.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: October 08, 2015, 09:40:12 AM

I don't like the Cubs or the Astros. I hate clubs that as an attempt to win, purposefully tank for years to try and bounce back loaded with young talent. It's so disrespectful to fans, players, and abuses the good faith foundation of the modern (North American) sports concept of an entry draft where top picks go to bad teams to help them get competitive again. May as well go back to the pre-draft academy style systems if the draft is going to be abused like this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MLB 2015  
Jump to: